Recalled/Assigned: Dermott to the Leafs Marincin back to the Marlies

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I have a feeling (unless Carrick is moved in a trade) that once our D is healthy, Borgman will be the odd man out and sent down. There is absolutely no way Dermott should be sent down, Carrick requires waivers and is playing better with Dermott, they won't want Borgman sitting in the press box (his handedness also works against him), and Polak won't get waived and is the best candidate for the press box. As others have posted, it likely looks like:

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick

Polak

Reactions: HockeyMad68

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
If Matthews' assumed Dermott had that player, he would have switch off and taken the high man that was coming in. Dermott peeked and saw Matthews with the Av's player, figured he had him, and went to take the high man so he wouldn't have had an open look from the top of the circle.
I agree , Dermott assumed AM was going to stay with his man and went to cover the trailer , AM probably didn't realize there was a trailer since he wouldn't have the sight line of Dermott and let up assuming Dermott was going to pick up his man and he'd cover the front of the net .

I think Dermott over thought it and should have stayed in the higher danger area but i'm impressed with how he read the play and was able to assess multiple options .

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I agree , Dermott assumed AM was going to stay with his man and went to cover the trailer , AM probably didn't realize there was a trailer since he wouldn't have the sight line of Dermott and let up assuming Dermott was going to pick up his man and he'd cover the front of the net .

I think Dermott over thought it and should have stayed in the higher danger area but i'm impressed with how he read the play and was able to assess multiple options .

The play was on Matthews. When he crossed the blueline he was skating hard and had pretty much caught the man. Dermott checked, saw Matthew was going to be there and did the right thing, Matthews let up. Matthews does almost everything well and right, but sometimes he messes up too, and this was one of those instances.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
The play was on Matthews. When he crossed the blueline he was skating hard and had pretty much caught the man. Dermott checked, saw Matthew was going to be there and did the right thing, Matthews let up. Matthews does almost everything well and right, but sometimes he messes up too, and this was one of those instances.
of course everyone messes up the odd time and you can assess blame where you want but i'm putting this miscue down to each player reading the situation differently and getting there signals crossed

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That's how I saw it. Mistakes happen, Matthews rarely makes them but he did there.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't think Dermott will go back. There's just no way. He's much more stable than Borgman as well.

Not sure what this means leading up to the deadline but...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lou is illuminati confirmed anyways, 23 great power number and blessing, going to be a beast. IC

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Last night

5v5 Adjusted

Gardiner: 21:36, 51.9cf%, 43.8xgf%
Hainsey: 21:18, 48.6cf%, 39.4xgf%

Dermott: 19:54, 62.4cf%, 72.2xgf%
Carrick: 17:54, 67.9cf%, 78.9xgf%

Polak: 13:48, 46.9cf%, 21.0xgf%
Borgman: 11:36, 50.9cf%, 15.9xgf%

If Babs takes out dermott-carrick when rielly-zaitsev comes back, he should be fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad