Recalled/Assigned: Dermott to the Leafs Marincin back to the Marlies

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Good comparison. He's just small and kind of exists and does everything so so. Thought he had something untapped when he first got here but it doesn't really look like it...

Main issue is he gets absolutely hammered in his own end and makes way to many mental mistakes in coverage.

Reactions: cookie

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Super pumped to see him in action. He is going to be a massive upgrade on the 3rd pair. I wouldn't be shocked to see him spend a good portion of the remaining season with the big club.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Super excited to see him up. I just ask they don't put him with Polak or put him on the right side. He is a beauty.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
It will be interesting to see how our D plays out.... if they remain healthy, Dermott excells, and Zaitsev comes back... we likely won't need to acquire an additional player for our playoff push

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Im extremely happy with this news. Dermott deserves a chance and our defense needs the mobility. Huge plus!!!

But i feel stupid for not planning my Marlies games better. Bought tickets for tonight's game meaning i will miss the Gold Medal game. My silver lining was that i get to see Timmy play but then realizing he at the WJC. Then i went to the thought that i would see Dermott play but now he is gone.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Super excited to see him up. I just ask they don't put him with Polak or put him on the right side. He is a beauty.

What other options do you see for him?

Rielly. Hainsey
Gardiner Polak
Dermott. Carrick?

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
probably in for carrick. Carrick has not looked good lately
IMHO he was pretty good in the last two games
but im not sure whats up with Babcock and him.
I absolutely loved Dermott in the preseason.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Happy they did this. It's pointless to look at trades at the deadline without seeing what you have on the Marlies first.

Yup. Plus no rentals deals this year please. Make the deals good for the mid/long term. A centre deal for the right guy would be awesome.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Great to hear. This should be a solid opportunity to prove himself.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
IMHO opinion this has more to do with Lou than Babs. He probably just told him look, we aren't there you saw the TB and Vegas games. Our best was no match and we have to look at the farm and explore trade scenarios so.

Pretty sure my best guess on this is correct. It's not a knee jerk from Babcock calling to Lou to make changes at all. Smells of top down.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
What other options do you see for him?

Rielly. Hainsey
Gardiner Polak
Dermott. Carrick?

im pretty sure Dermott has played quite a few games on his off side for the marlies, at least when he wasn't paired with liljegren, Id say he may be in for polka and carrick. Borgman has been playing well why mess with his confidence now

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
That signals the real end of Marincin as viable depth d-man for the Leafs. He's done other than the AHL.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
im pretty sure Dermott has played quite a few games on his off side for the marlies, at least when he wasn't paired with liljegren, Id say he may be in for polka and carrick. Borgman has been playing well why mess with his confidence now

Dermott has played on the right for Nielsen.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Wow this starts my day off pretty well can’t wait to see how he does saturday against Vancouver assuming he does plays. He should be a major upgrade over Polak/Carrick/Marincin. Now the only thing left is for Canada to win tonight haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad