Recalled/Assigned: Dermott to the Leafs Marincin back to the Marlies

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Excellent, look forward to seeing him get in a game.

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
yay.

of course, he's still going to play Polak instead of carrick, even though Polak is getting crushed lately (after admittedly being pretty good for a while there).
I'm really excited to see how he will do! Nice to see another Polak apologist I thought I was alone over here. However, my man is playing horrible now, I agree :(

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
yay.

of course, he's still going to play Polak instead of carrick, even though Polak is getting crushed lately (after admittedly being pretty good for a while there).

I'd still rather have Polak in the lineup over Carrick TBH.

Carrick reminds me a lot of Matt Stajan on defense... does a lot of things well/good, but nothing great. Polak obviously has his deficiencies... but we NEED that steady/strong defensive presence that can eat up PK minutes, especially with Zaitsev hurt (who prior to his injury was paired with Hainsey on the PK).

KULEMINakajesus

Dec 8, 2010
I don't mind Polak and Borgman, but in reality they're both below average puck movers (Polak being worse than Borgman) and I don't think they should be a pairing. Polak really misses Hunwick's ability to break the puck out, hopefully Dermott fills that gap.

Reactions: BleedsBlueSNRefugee

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This is a good start. Kapanen should have been coming with him and at some point we should get a look at Johnsson and Rychel. I would be gauging the future mixed in with the present and moving on from the past.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Getting his feet wet before they pair him with John Carlson next year

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Dermott been playing right side a bit this year. maybe polka is hurt from last game? he went to the room but returned perhaps not feeling 100%.

There is no way theyd call him up to have him 7th D. Marincin can eat popcorn with the best of them

Reactions: cupcrazyman

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'd still rather have Polak in the lineup over Carrick TBH.

Carrick reminds me a lot of Matt Stajan on defense... does a lot of things well/good, but nothing great. Polak obviously has his deficiencies... but we NEED that steady/strong defensive presence that can eat up PK minutes, especially with Zaitsev hurt (who prior to his injury was paired with Hainsey on the PK).

Good comparison. He's just small and kind of exists and does everything so so. Thought he had something untapped when he first got here but it doesn't really look like it...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's like they read my posts! This is amazing I get to see what I would do with the team by posting on the internets! Come on guys, just trade Bozak (or even JVR) retained and a little something something to PITS and try and get Sprong back ++ depending. Trust me!

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad