Confirmed with Link: Derek Forbort 1x1

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I haven’t watched any games in much detail yet but how has Forbort been?

f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d.jpg
https://compote.slate.com/images/f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d.jpg
Looked steady from what I noticed

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I haven't been following any off-ice news vis a vis the Jets this off season so I'd never heard about this fellow. Then I tuned into the game last night and heard Beyak saying something along the lines of "Forbort with the puck...".

I thought I heard "Thorburn with the puck...".

Still recovering from the flashbacks.

m.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He was steady and we need that plus he and Pionk train together in the off season so they might have some chemistry together. Everything helps at this point when it comes to our defense.

Reactions: GJF and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
He looked pretty solid and steady out there. I thought he was pretty decent.

I'm just wondering here ?? are we going to be able to see Samberg play ?? or is he still not NHL ready yet. I've heard good things about him. Does anybody know if it's likely we'll see him this year in the lineup ??

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

I'm just wondering here ?? are we going to be able to see Samberg play ?? or is he still not NHL ready yet. I've heard good things about him. Does anybody know if it's likely we'll see him this year in the lineup ??

Samberg will most likely get a chance to play.
When he gets it he needs to seize it. As this year he won't have a lot od opportuties with less games. Unless there are multiple major injuries. Which we hope dont happen.
Him and Forbort bring size, that can be decent at the bottom 4. So that is an upgrade from last year.

Reactions: AlaskaJet and GNP

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Forbort and Beaulieu are big slow guys... same as Stuart - this doesn't mean they are bad but it means they block a lot of shots as opposed to breaking up play...

We will see Samberg

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I didn't really care for his game but first game in a long time. Didn't like a few other players' games but we won.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Samberg will most likely get a chance to play.
When he gets it he needs to seize it. As this year he won't have a lot od opportuties with less games. Unless there are multiple major injuries. Which we hope dont happen.
Him and Forbort bring size, that can be decent at the bottom 4. So that is an upgrade from last year.

Thanks for that PhilJets - hope your keeping warm out there on the beach, where I'd like to be. :)

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I love me some Forbort. As far as I can see (through 1 game...), it's a big addition in terms of fit with our roster. Ultimately when we run:

Morrissey - DeMelo
Forbort - Pionk

we will have two very good NHL D-pairings. The 3rd will just be what it is. Forbort seems to allow guys to slot in appropriately. Being another member of the Minnesota mafia doesn't hurt either.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Add me to the likely Forbert list.

It's only three games, but he doesnt look like one of the guys where you need to say it's only 3 games.

Reactions: Jet

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
Re-sign him and get rid of Beaulieu
It might be a bit early to be discussing that after Game 3, LOL.

I have not noticed him much beyond that miracle goal line stand and some good defensive zone breakups. With the (very poor) defense that this team has played so far, combined with the amount of ice time he seems to be getting, I think that is a very good thing.

Beaulieu and Niku though... :help:

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It might be a bit early to be discussing that after Game 3, LOL.

I have not noticed him much beyond that miracle goal line stand and some good defensive zone breakups. With the (very poor) defense that this team has played so far, combined with the amount of ice time he seems to be getting, I think that is a very good thing.

Beaulieu and Niku though... :help:

I am definitely optimistic. He did afterall play on a line with Drew Doughty in Los Angeles. TSN 1290 was talking about his composure with the puck in his own end.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
he's looked solid so far imo. great value for 1m

i was a proponent of trading for him the year we signed Kulikov i believe. Glad he's on the team now and playing well. Must not be the easiest to play with a player like Pionk who is crap defensively.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Another good game from him. Has been out most consistent dman this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad