Denver Post with the hottest of takes on Avs vs Preds

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You understand that local announcers are supposed to be homers, don't you?

You don't broadcast locally and attempt to sound national. You're not catering to a national audience, you're catering to a mostly local audience. AKA, pander to the home team. It'd be moronic if local announcers pandered to the opposing team.

There's a difference between favoring the home team and sounding like you're gonna hang yourself when the opponent scores.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I'm of two minds:

1) if that was meant to be funny, it worked.

2) if it was meant to be serious, this person should never be allowed to speak or write or be let out of a basement again. Ever

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Kiszla and the Denver Post are a joke that even Denver folk don't take seriously.

But seriously

28k9rg.jpg

I hate when this rationale is used for things. Crap writing is crap writing and calling it out for it isn't justifying it's existence in the least.

Reactions: Allen Degenerate

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The writer takes so many shots at the city of Nashville. Is there a personal reason or something? It’s a real turn-off and erases any credibility the writer may have had.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Avs fans: no need to apologize for this clown. Maybe I should be the one apologizing? Best of luck in game 4.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
In his own (extremely special) way Mark Kiszla is a legend.

It's genuinely mind-blowing that someone could write so many terrible, misinformed, childish, blowhard articles in a lifetime. He's literally just an idiot who talks nonstop shit with a daily column. None of his points are factual, and most of the things he says could be defeated by first grade logic, but I'll be goddamned if he doesn't somehow manage to top today's impressive level of stupidity in tomorrows Post.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
You understand that local announcers are supposed to be homers, don't you?

You don't broadcast locally and attempt to sound national. You're not catering to a national audience, you're catering to a mostly local audience. AKA, pander to the home team. It'd be moronic if local announcers pandered to the opposing team.

Altitude Television, which broadcasts the Avs games in the Denver market, is wholly owned by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, the same ownership group that owns the Avalanche. So, the announcers are essentially team employees, and shouldn't be expected to be even remotely objective.

Reactions: Allen Degenerate

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
As an Avs fan, hate Kiszla and our broadcasters to be honest.

You'll be hard pressed to find any Avs fans that will defend much that comes out of the Denver post - it's an absolute joke, and even when we're good there's barely any coverage. Dater was a joke and Kiszla might be just as bad. Don't lump us in with them!

You are not responsible for the writers at your local paper! I would never take any credit for the drivel in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. We just have to live with them or ignore them as much as possible. This is not a new idea in journalism.

examples.yourdictionary.com
Examples of Yellow Journalism. Yellow journalism uses sensationalism and exaggeration to attract readers. It is usually not well-researched and often only tells one side of the story. It will sometimes have made-up interviews or imaginary drawings.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
It’s a goofy article, and probably not meant to be taken all that seriously

That said, anything so far to indicate the Predators aren’t pretenders? Not really. They should be annihilating the Avs, and very much are not.

Reactions: AMDZen

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
There's a difference between favoring the home team and sounding like you're gonna hang yourself when the opponent scores.

Even Jack Edwards at least sounds interested for opposing goals against the Bruins.

Remember when Toffoli beat the clock?

7:00

Last edited:

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Avs fans: no need to apologize for this clown. Maybe I should be the one apologizing? Best of luck in game 4.
Actually yes, you should. Your "clever" use of attributing anything questionable out of denver, as the fault of a plant that will soon be legal nationwide is bemusing. Surely as a denverite I have never heard that one before. It's almost ingenious in its ingenuity.

Frankly - the Preds do look like pretenders. I didn't read the article past the headline because everyone in Denver knows the post is garbage, but it won't surprise me if the Preds make an early exit this postseason. The part I disagree with is that it isn't MacKinnon that's exposed them thus far, it's Pekka rinne. How many shots do you imagine before the first goal in tonight's game? If it takes 3 it will be a record. :P

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Did Rob Rossi change his name and favourite team or something?

I reckon that take won't age very well.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I thought the Preds would contain Mack line and win easily. Problem is you can't contain Mackinnon.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
It’s a goofy article, and probably not meant to be taken all that seriously

That said, anything so far to indicate the Predators aren’t pretenders? Not really. They should be annihilating the Avs, and very much are not.
Pretty much.

Obviously there is no way to prove it, but If the Avs had the same Varly we saw most of the season in net and EJ on the blueline - they could be ahead in this series right now and my money would be on them to win it.

Bernier hasn't been that great even at the best of times this year, he would need to stand on his head for the Avs to win it but it doesn't seem as impossible as it did before the series started

My money is still on the Preds in this series but not to get to the finals. I can easily see the Peg or Vegas beating them. Pekka obviously has what it takes as a vezina finalist and his performance last post season proves he can evelate for the post season, but he's going to have to play better than he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad