Confirmed with Link: Dell claimed by NJ!

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
20210118120124-6005c4936010ba4d6b7e0070jpeg-jpg.jpg

Aaron-Dell.jpg

Dell has always had some sweet set ups. Looking forward to what he’ll have for us.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The funny thing is that if we had, let's say, Crawford last year, we would have made the playoffs. Blackwood's record was actually quite good.
Shero got fired (mostly) because he let us go into last season with Cory and a very unknown Blackwood. If Blackwood fell on his face the season would have went even worse. That’s still my belief why Shero isn’t here. Only Shero and a few fans really bought into the smoke show of Schneider’s last 15 games from the year before. Which were merely a market correction that did nothing but get his season save percentages over .900%.

Shero probably thought we could win games 5-4, because I don’t know how he could have such faith in Schneider.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Shero got fired (mostly) because he let us go into last season with Cory and a very unknown Blackwood. If Blackwood fell on his face the season would have went even worse. That’s still my belief why Shero isn’t here. Only Shero and a few fans really bought into the smoke show of Schneider’s last 15 games from the year before. Which were merely a market correction that did nothing but get his season save percentages over .900%.

Shero probably thought we could win games 5-4, because I don’t know how he could have such faith in Schneider.

The team had a ton of other issues and Blackwood was lucky to have such a good W-L record (and Domingue and Schneider probably slightly unlikely even with their terrible play).

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I like proactive management when the team is weak, throw some shit against the wall and see what sticks, we have 2 choices in a backup goalie now, let the best man win the job

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The team had a ton of other issues and Blackwood was lucky to have such a good W-L record (and Domingue and Schneider probably slightly unlikely even with their terrible play).

There was nothing lucky about what Blackwood did.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I like proactive management when the team is weak, throw some shit against the wall and see what sticks, we have 2 choices in a backup goalie now, let the best man win the job

There really isn't a competition (the way there was with Wedge-Comrie), it's Dell. I'm not as much of a fan as most here, but he's had a lot more of an NHL career than Wedge or Comrie. Now if he stinks that's a different kettle of fish later on, but he'll get the first run of backup games for sure.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
shero got fired because he was too loyal to hynes
I have to agree with this if only because he did deserve to get fired after sending Fitz down to observe for a month. That was just so ridiculous. What was Fitz going to find out? “The players haven’t quit on John, it’s not his fault, it’s all going to turn around, just you wait!” And then what, Shero and Hynes triumphantly take this team the playoffs and stay together in NJ for decade or two?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, knew what was coming in mid-October but we had to watch the team go on the Bataan Death March until December because Shero couldn’t put a bullet in Hynes.

Damn, you’re the boss, just fire the coach for the initial brutal losing streak instead of waiting until you have to fire him for the next brutal losing streak. It’s called the coaching carousel for a reason, Hynes was unemployed for one whole month.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Uhhh.... I think you did. :confused:

Around The League 2020-21 offseason part III

Amazing actually...I make a similar joke before, I get crickets.

You make the same joke(just about), you get practically the whole BOARD giving you "likes".

I just don't get it. :laugh:
that link goes to page 7 and you dont even have a post on that page? I looked at page 6 and 8 also,

oh here I found it
Around The League 2020-21 offseason part III
yes you mentioned a Compaq (and Hewlett Packard) in reference to me saying youre getting a Dell
I used Compaq as a reference to Dells size as in compact/small,
I cant help what people find funny!!! A lot of my posts dont get "likes" and I do apologize for stealing some thunder, it's happened to me also !

Last edited:
Reactions: glenwo2

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005

Really, it didn't matter if you were buying into Schneider or not. How could you go into the season with a broken down Schneider and a totally untested MacBlack as your combo? And, it was pure choice, since the Pens waived DeSmith. Maybe Shero passed on DeSmith because he knew about the 2014 domestic assault charge. If so, fair enough, but Shero never explained his thinking.

Shero passing on DeSmith was the reason I positive Fitz would pass on Dell.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad