Confirmed with Link: Dell claimed by NJ!

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Soooo....what do you think?

They’re fantastic. Any goalie that puts that much effort into making boss pads for his team should be wildly celebrated. I’m not going to play art critic here and nitpick.

Well, maybe a little. I was annoyed by the B/star blob thing, which is the logo for a company called Brian’s Custom Sports.

Apparently they slap their logo on their pads as “branding”. Now Brian may point to Adidas etc but first of all these logos are very obtrusive in a bad way.

Also these pads were designed by Chance Clark, who met Dell in juniors and has since only designed Robin Lerner’s Vegas pads (which also has this dumb logo). Brian’s Custom Sports customizes the covering of pre-made goalie equipment, they don’t even provide the designers.
Maybe they need to take that big a bow.

I’m not criticizing Dell for this because I don’t know how many custom goalie pad companies there are and how many do detail work like this well. That logo is annoying though Brian.

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
They’re fantastic. Any goalie that puts that much effort into making boss pads for his team should be wildly celebrated. I’m not going to play art critic here and nitpick.

Well, maybe a little. I was annoyed by the B/star blob thing, which is the logo for a company called Brian’s Custom Sports.

Apparently they slap their logo on their pads as “branding”. Now Brian may point to Adidas etc but first of all these logos are very obtrusive in a bad way.

Also these pads were designed by Chance Clark, who met Dell in juniors and has since only designed Robin Lerner’s Vegas pads (which also has this dumb logo). Brian’s Custom Sports customizes the covering of pre-made goalie equipment, they don’t even provide the designers.

I’m criticizing Dell for this because I don’t know how many custom goalie pad companies their are and how many do detail work like this well. That logo is annoying though Brian.
Damn you for pointing it out

Reactions: Guttersniped

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

I’m criticizing Dell for this because I don’t know how many custom goalie pad companies their are and how many do detail work like this well. That logo is annoying though Brian.

Every set of goalie equipment will have the manufacturer's logo on it though. I think they need to with the NHL's sponsorship agreement with those brands?

Reactions: glenwo2

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Every set of goalie equipment will have the manufacturer's logo on it though. I think they need to with the NHL's sponsorship agreement with those brands?
Brian’s Custom Sports are just customizers. I’m guessing here but a little company that changes the covering on goalie pads isn’t likely to have a NHL contract.

I get the esthetic of the stupid B star blob, it’s is similar to skateboarding logos and street art branding companies (clothing, toys etc). I just wish it wasn’t so prominent.
Damn you for pointing it out
Sorry, I definitely thought about this way too much. I should have just said “cool pads”.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The pad manufacturers are going to want their logos on stuff for beer league gear donkeys like me. Thought I remembered some NHL goalies using the stock Brian's pad last year: Brian's Optik 2 Pro Senior Custom Goalie Leg Pads

Edit: This site said 10.8% used Brian's - Goalie

I didn't realize True had gotten into the goalie pad business until a few guys started sporting their gear on opening night. True bought the Lefevre factory who had previously done pads for CCM/Reebok/Koho, so this year's True line resembles last year's CCM models. But yeah, the companies have to pay a fee to show their name/logo since it technically counts as advertising.

I always find it amusing since Vaughn doesn't pay the fee for IIHF events, so the name gets covered up. Quick example with Schneider's pads from 2019.

Schneider-CP.jpg

20190523_46373.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I love the equipment setup !
I have a weird obsession for goalie equipment that is one solid colour besides white. Example - MAF's banana pads , Crawford's all black setup , Clemenson with his all red setup etc.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

Soooo....what do you think?

Absolutely love it. Goalie equipment is one of the few things in professional American sports you can “jazz” up without worrying about a fine (eg, cleats in the NFL/MLB).

We have one of the coolest team names too, so whenever a goalie leans into it via their equipment design, I’m all in on it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Think we underestimated the difficulty of crossing the border right now.

Is there seriously anyone else with this number of visa problems? Bratt, Vatanen, Dell...it doesn't seem to me a lot of players are missing from other teams because of the visa. Of course signing guys right before the season starts or claiming them in-season adds to the issue.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Is there seriously anyone else with this number of visa problems? Bratt, Vatanen, Dell...it doesn't seem to me a lot of players are missing from other teams because of the visa. Of course signing guys right before the season starts or claiming them in-season adds to the issue.
I’m not sure many other teams have as many reasons though with multiple late signings plus a waiver pick-up.

Kapanen was a bigger visa story because he didn’t get cleared to travel to the US until Jan 8th even though he had been traded to Pittsburgh in August. Vatanen, who’s also Finnish, was signed on January 7th and hopefully Kapanen’s Kafkaesque delay isn’t the norm.

With Dell, you can look into the status of goalies claimed by the Jets and Oilers for comparison if you’re so inclined.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I’m not sure many other teams have as many reasons though with multiple late signings plus a waiver pick-up.

Kapanen was a bigger visa story because he didn’t get cleared to travel to the US until Jan 8th even though he had been traded to Pittsburgh in August. Vatanen, who’s also Finnish, was signed on January 7th and hopefully Kapanen’s Kafkaesque delay isn’t the norm.

With Dell, you can look into the status of goalies claimed by the Jets and Oilers for comparison if you’re so inclined.

Where is Laine right now? Assuming that could take some time to get him to Columbus

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Is Laine in the states yet? That would be annoying.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Where is Laine right now? Assuming that could take some time to get him to Columbus
I guess this gives us a way to learn if it’s faster in either direction by seeing if Dubois or Laine take longer than the other to hit the ice with their new team. Roslovic was home in Columbus before the trade so he doesn’t count.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad