Confirmed with Link: Dell claimed by NJ!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Feel bad for Comrie in all of this.

Hope he at least gets some playing time. Would suck for him if he ends up waivers and gets claimed by a Canadian team.

Reactions: OmNomNom

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
As someone on the main boards posted, it means that games without Blackwood starting won't be auto-losses now and, depending on the form of Dell, I agree with that. I think that using Wedgewood and/or Comrie could have sunk this season.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

Hope he at least gets some playing time. Would suck for him if he ends up waivers and gets claimed by a Canadian team.

He's getting an NHL salary for the entire time he's in quarantine.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

He’s getting paid and is likely going back to Winnipeg soon anyway haha

Reactions: HBK27

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
obligatory

OIP.Aq0zDmBorX5TGln7QMPuSAHaJ3

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He’s getting paid and is likely going back to Winnipeg soon anyway haha

But assuming he’s crossed the border and is in a 7 day quarantine already, if he’s claimed, he goes back to Canada and presumably then begins a 14 day quarantine.

Edmonton may also be looking to claim him as well with Smith’s injury.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
But assuming he’s crossed the border and is in a 7 day quarantine already, if he’s claimed, he goes back to Canada and presumably then begins a 14 day quarantine.

Edmonton may also be looking to claim him as well with Smith’s injury.

True. He might still get a game for the Devils due to all the quarantining requirements.

Wouldn’t be a Devils season without goalie drama. Love it.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
True. He might still get a game for the Devils due to all the quarantining requirements.

Wouldn’t be a Devils season without goalie drama. Love it.

If he gets a game for the Devils then that means they're waiving Wedgewood instead.

If Blackwood needs to sit before Dell gets here (which may not happen, given no back-to-backs until 1/30-1/31) you go with whichever one of Wedgewood/Comrie you think is better while the other guy waits for Dell to arrive to get waived.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Comrie went through something similar a few years back. If I recall correctly he was with Winnipeg-Detroit-Arizona-Winnipeg in a short span. Could see the Kings putting in a claim since they lost their intended #3 goalie Troy Grosenick to Edmonton. Comrie played his minor hockey in Los Angeles, so there's that loose connection as well. By then the game of musical chairs probably will have stopped and every team has things sorted out.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Comrie went through something similar a few years back. If I recall correctly he was with Winnipeg-Detroit-Arizona-Winnipeg in a short span. Could see the Kings putting in a claim since they lost their intended #3 goalie Troy Grosenick to Edmonton. Comrie played his minor hockey in Los Angeles, so there's that loose connection as well. By then the game of musical chairs probably will have stopped and every team has things sorted out.
In fact, I *THINK* that was just last year.

"Pinball" Comrie.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This will probably net us 6-7 more points this season. Not bad.

Eh I doubt it. People are only looking at this as a great pickup because our other options were 3’s and 4’s. Even a bad 2 like Dell is an upgrade but not any real difference maker over 12-15 starts at most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad