GDT: Dec. 5th GDT: The Ducks Knight Rises - 7 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I disagree.

Sure, they have a lot of players having some unprecedented production everywhere, from each of the goalies they iced all the way up to Karlsson.

But that’s not because they’re star players in disguise...it’s because they bought into a system completely. It’s like Finland at the Olympics, where they succeed by playing an elite team game with few big names. They’ve been without a 1G for a while, they have Karlsson (who no-one could have predicted would take the 1C), and they don’t have a 1D.

The rest of the league did well in protecting their elite players. On paper, only Perron , Marchessault, Shipachov and Neal were expected to be top 6. The best defenceman they drafted was Nate Schmidt, and the rest they got were a pile of rejects and Theo. Miller? Sbisa? Hunt? Garrison? ****ing Reinhart? Come on.

Vegas doesn’t succeed because they chose well. They succeed because they play well, and so long as they continue to be underestimated by other teams because of the names on their roster, they’ll happily play the part of the underdog.

I agree, I still think their franchise would be much better off being last in the division this year as opposed to competing.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
The Ducks need to find a way to hold their leads. How many games/points have they lost due to a goal within the last 5 mins? And they have the chances to win. Btw it was the right choice to trade Theodore.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That was a rough defensive effort. Megna Bieksa is a train wreck. Fowler was brutal on the PP and turned the puck over way more than he usually does, Beauchemin was bad but made up for it with points. Montour was meh. This team now has a pressing need for a dmen after we had an embarrassment of riches last June.

Encouraged by Gibson playing well again and Perry scoring. Those are both positives. Plus we are closer to getting healthy up front.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Don`t want to find excuses, we still could of done it way better, but:

This recent stretch of games was very hard. The games were in a very difficult schedule and we were for the most part basially lacking our whole top 6 lmao.
Good feeling will not get you into playoffs, we still have to show we can get in there but let`s not start scouting Dahlin just now

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
People are over exgeratting the defensive issues... they are worn out from the fact we can put any pressure on other teams offensively. When healthy up front the defense will be much better.

I still think larsson/welinaki should get a look, dont think megna is good enough and beauchmin shouldnt be in as an every day option

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Don`t want to find excuses, we still could of done it way better, but:

This recent stretch of games was very hard. The games were in a very difficult schedule and we were for the most part basially lacking our whole top 6 lmao.
Good feeling will not get you into playoffs, we still have to show we can get in there but let`s not start scouting Dahlin just now

Its not that we lost to good teams that troubles me it's that we had leads in the 3rd and found a way to lose them in a few of them.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Vegas picked a great team for an expansion team.

I honestly don't think that team is nearly as good as their record indicates. It's obviously a fantastic expansion team when you factor in other expansion teams, but that roster isn't nearly as good their record IMO. Their forward group is pretty deep, but their defensive unit isn't very good, but they are a very well coached team. Still pissed Florida let Gallant go just after the offseason where we signed Carlyle (where there really weren't any great head coach candidates). Gallant would definitely have been my #1 want.

Reactions: Paul4587

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Vegas picked a great team for an expansion team.
But in addition to the fact the expansion rules were much different, there was no salary cap in previous expansions. So they had available to them players who would never in a million years been left unprotected if not for the fact teams needed to keep their budgets flexible. The ED was a way to remedy that. Guys like Fleury, Neal, etc. would have been traded or kept before being let go for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad