GDT: Dec. 5th GDT: The Ducks Knight Rises - 7 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Do they ever practice this? How can they be that horrible at it when they are in it virtually twice a week?

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Just going to point out that Perry is technically our best shooter in the shootout this year, so I'm not sure why people are calling for him to be benched. We literally have no one better.

Bah. Stupid floaters.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Kings and Vancouver win too. Makes dropping the lead all the more disappointing.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Getting the point is still fine. Hopefully we'll be healthy enough soon where that is not the case. Feel for Roy, he had a good game but really got exposed at the end. I like Henrique.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I didn't watch the game, but I can't help but wonder how a lineup that went toe-to-toe with the top team in the conference went back to being a team that is getting outshot on the reg again.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I didn't watch the game, but I can't help but wonder how a lineup that went toe-to-toe with the top team in the conference went back to being a team that is getting outshot on the reg again.
Vegas has a lot of speed and we just don't match up well with that. Should have won this game but a bad bounce and some OT impotence took it away.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Should've had 2 pts in regulation. I get that we're missing key players but our inability to hold a lead, score on the pp in OT and not being able to score a single goal in the shootout is pathetic. Beyond frustrated right now.

Reactions: Masch78

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Hate how Gibby stands on his head and then lets in that 3rd goal. Tuch got that in the one exact spot Gibby left uncovered. Sucks

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

We always play the Kings tough. Vegas has a pretty deep forward lineup with quite a bit of skill in their top 9 and I feel teams with that sort of build always give us trouble.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the ducks have never been successful at these stupid shootouts

i'll take the point

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
We always play the Kings tough. Vegas has a pretty deep forward lineup with quite a bit of skill in their top 9 and I feel teams with that sort of build always give us trouble.
I was talking about Nashville. We had around the same shot numbers, and had the puck a lot in the offensive zone.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
For as bad as the PP puck movement was, they still hit the post and missed basically an open net for the win. Chances were there....just didn't take them (same with chances Anaheim had in 3rd period).

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Vegas picked a great team for an expansion team.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Always said people were dramatically overblowing the quality of the roster and predicting a last place finish. Then again I didn't expect them to be fighting for the top of the division.

In any case, I would've preferred if Anaheim got the OTW but as has been said. At least we got a point. And no one got hurt so all in all good game from my perspective.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
In any case, I would've preferred if Anaheim got the OTW but as has been said. At least we got a point. And no one got hurt so all in all good game from my perspective.
We don't know that yet. Weren't Rakell and Lindholm injuries both out of nowhere with no signs of an injury before hand? I'm expecting someone to come down with mumps or something before tomorrow's game :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We don't know that yet. Weren't Rakell and Lindholm injuries both out of nowhere with no signs of an injury before hand? I'm expecting someone to come down with mumps or something before tomorrow's game :laugh:
Yeah maybe I spoke too soon. In any case, these games are tougher for me than I thought. I'm so used to rooting for Vegas whenever they don't play Anaheim, it's weird rooting against them.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

I disagree.

Sure, they have a lot of players having some unprecedented production everywhere, from each of the goalies they iced all the way up to Karlsson.

But that’s not because they’re star players in disguise...it’s because they bought into a system completely. It’s like Finland at the Olympics, where they succeed by playing an elite team game with few big names. They’ve been without a 1G for a while, they have Karlsson (who no-one could have predicted would take the 1C), and they don’t have a 1D.

The rest of the league did well in protecting their elite players. On paper, only Perron , Marchessault, Shipachov and Neal were expected to be top 6. The best defenceman they drafted was Nate Schmidt, and the rest they got were a pile of rejects and Theo. Miller? Sbisa? Hunt? Garrison? f***ing Reinhart? Come on.

Vegas doesn’t succeed because they chose well. They succeed because they play well, and so long as they continue to be underestimated by other teams because of the names on their roster, they’ll happily play the part of the underdog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad