GDT: Dec. 31 • Group A • United States 2, Canada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Like the Nike ad that's running on TSN says, Canada "has more heart than any other nation"

How could anyone possibly beat Canada?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Make the preemptive excuses, set the bar low for success, and you can never look like you were wrong or gloating when your team loses.

Go Team 'Murica!

There's only one person on here who is already making the excuse of "We've brought two 17-year olds, and 1 16 year-old." IMO if you're good enough to make the team then it shouldn't matter how old you are. Would love for Canada to step it up for the first time in like 2 years and win a big game. And to be honest even if we do win this game, although we should be able to beat Switzerland and Finland this team has lost to the Czech's and almost lost to Slovakia..so to be honest it really doesn't matter who we play, it won't be a cake walk.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I'm pretty sure Canada will take this. USA has been good but Canada is still the better team of the two.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Let's go 'Murica!

On paper and given recent results against common opponents, it looks like USA should win in a landslide, but that kind of thinking is dangerous :help:

But, that said, I hope we win 10-0 :laugh:

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Alright here we go. I'm gonna watch the first part of this game from the airport and you better believe I'm paying for the in flight WiFi. Merica!

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
The Americans are good but not good enough. Unless they can match Canada's toughness and fight early on Canada will win easily. Canada is going to need an early line brawl if they want to get the upper hand early. Laughton can fight, Dumba looks like a good scrapper too. Would like to see McDavid take the cage off and scrap, maybe even wit Eichel. Good Canadian kid like him should easily handle Eichel.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Some Canadian keys here:

1) Griffin Reinhart is going to have to steady the D a little. Top pairing is his guaranteed. I want to see Reinhart-Ekblad, Pouliot-Dumba, Morrissey-Pelech on D

2) Fucale starting. Big game needed.

3) Mantha has to play IN FRONT OF THE NET on the PP, not on the point

4) Connor McDavid. Play the kid please if you're going to dress him.

Hudon-Drouin-Mantha
McDavid-Petan-Reinhart
Laughton-Horvat-Lazar
Rychel-Gauthier-Anderson
Leier

are my preferred lines

Sep 19, 2008
Alright, have to go get some pizza later today but it's during the game. Any way I can stream it over an Android phone or listen to it?

*I am in America

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Alright, have to go get some pizza later today but it's during the game. Any way I can stream it over an Android phone or listen to it?

*I am in America

I was able to watch justin.tv last night on my Galaxy S III. You just need to make sure you have flash player installed.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Some Canadian keys here:

1) Griffin Reinhart is going to have to steady the D a little. Top pairing is his guaranteed. I want to see Reinhart-Ekblad, Pouliot-Dumba, Morrissey-Pelech on D

2) Fucale starting. Big game needed.

3) Mantha has to play IN FRONT OF THE NET on the PP, not on the point

4) Connor McDavid. Play the kid please if you're going to dress him.

Hudon-Drouin-Mantha
McDavid-Petan-Reinhart
Laughton-Horvat-Lazar
Rychel-Gauthier-Anderson
Leier

are my preferred lines

Err what? Manthas position in Val do'r as far as I know are in the slot and sometimes on the point (but not static), he's not a net front pressence guy, he's a sniper who should shoot one-timers from the slot

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Err what? Manthas position in Val do'r as far as I know are in the slot and sometimes on the point (but not static), he's not a net front pressence guy, he's a sniper who should shoot one-timers from the slot

that's what I meant. Slot for me is in front of the net, my bad.

I don't like him on the point though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
no matter how Canada looks prior to playing us, this is usually their awakening game and they bring the house. for whatever the reason the US vs Canada brings out the best in everyone, it is like all these players Graceland!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Discipline and speed are the key issues for Canada. Unfortunately they go hand in hand, so I wouldn't be surprised if the American speed causes issues for Canada, and thus penalties. If Canada can keep that under control, I like them by two goals, so 4-2. If they take lots of penalties, I see 4-1 USA. Should be a good game anyway, both sides pumped up.

FakeKidPoker*

What percent of the Canadian population versus what percent of the American population will watch this game?

50% vs 0.05%?

World Juniors aren't that popular up here.. I mean they are big no doubt but this game might get 2 million.. so a regular HNIC showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad