Daniel Stricker (R)
wde.gif
Andreas Kowert (L)
wru.gif
Eduard Metalnikov (L)​

Last edited:

Lynnx*

Message board is going to be crazy.

This game is one of my highlights of New Years Eve tho! This game is always on when I'm out for dinner at a restaurant and discussing my New Years Resolutions with the game in the background!

Hope for an awesome game with TONS of controversy!!

penguins2946*

Ugh this thread is gonna be UGLY tomorrow. Especially if Canada is losing. Should be a good game as long as Canada plays the way they can.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
this is going to be an awesome. a true test for Canada. let's go boys!!! :handclap: :yo:

A true test? How do you figure this is "a true test"? Canada lost a game and played about even with SVK - a team US man-handled. US should run away with this one by a wide margin.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
USA needs to secure the Top spot in Group A.

Whoever gets that is likely playing Switzerland then Finland rather than Russia then Sweden.

This game has HUGE implications on who medals.

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
A true test? How do you figure this is "a true test"? Canada lost a game and played about even with SVK - a team US man-handled. US should run away with this one by a wide margin.
So in other words, the USA are the big favourites which means that this is indeed a true test for Canada, unless you don't know what those words mean.

I'll be cheering for whichever scenario doesn't turn out to be a CAN v RUS quarterfinal because it will suck to have one of them eliminated at such an early stage.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Why does everyone have to comment on the potential of the thread. Who gives a ****, man up. It's just a game. I predict the US of A lays a whoopin' on our Canadian boys. Hope I'm wrong.

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
Can't wait to see the good ol tough Canadian boys beat the Americans! Gonna need to get started early, hopefully Laughton will drop the mitts and get some momentum coming Canada's way. Dumba is due for a scrap too. Can't wait! Tough ol Canadian boys!

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I'm hoping for a good, clean, hard checking, close game.
The US are definitely favourites but hope Canada at least shows up for this game.

Good Luck Team USA and US fans.

jjyay

Apr 11, 2011
Why does everyone have to comment on the potential of the thread. Who gives a ****, man up. It's just a game. I predict the US of A lays a whoopin' on our Canadian boys. Hope I'm wrong.

Did you read the previous 2 Canadian threads? Some of the worst GDTs I've seen, for what were 2 very exciting games.

I hope this game measures up.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I think most will agree all the games prior to this can be thrown out. When these two teams play it is completely different than playing the Slovaks or czechs. This thread is going to be a mod's nightmare tomorrow.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
No teams are unbeatable when you've got a tough group of Canadian kids who aren't afraid to drop the gloves and defend their team. Should be a scrappy affair, but Canada will prevail. Too many Canadians on the team for them to lose.
Obviously no teams are unbeatable and I wouldn't even be surprised if Canada are the favorites but odd to list Canada's willingness to drop their gloves as a reason for why Canada can win. I'm sure previous Canadian teams (with many Canadians on them...) have been willing to "defend" their team but it hasn't helped them from not winning gold in a few years.

Team Overrated

Aug 5, 2013
I hope that it's a fun game for all, despite the result. Good luck to Canada.

Agreed! Good luck to the US as well! I am in Asia so i will ring in the New Year with this game December 31, 11:30pm start here. Wishing for a stable internet connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad