GDT: Dec. 31 • Group A • United States 2, Canada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009
There's something wrong with my hearing. Every time Gord Miller says 'Fasching', I hear 'facists'.

Facists gain the line. What a pass by facists.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
While I agree other programs around the world are getting better, Canada has made some suspect selections over the past few years, so its a combination of both.

I think there's always those hindsight "oh we should have taken..." thoughts but overall I think they've done a decent job of picking who's available.

I think the biggest upside to McDavid being brought this year is he will likely be more prepared for it next year. And if Reinhart and Ekblad or back next year it will be great for them too.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Yeah, oh I don't blame them at all. I just wish they had more time as a team to really gel, maybe a few more exhibition games and whatnot like get the team together and have them face some of the best CHL teams (although they'd be without their best players at that point) or against a few "B teams."

I think what some people fail to realize is that Canada isn't just "choking" or sending a team that isn't good these last few years... other countries have just been getting better. Look at this year with all the "upsets"... perhaps other teams are just learning to develop and bring their players together better so now it's a more even playing field.

I agree. Ten years ago most countries (especially the US) did not really take this tournament too seriously. Now they all beefed up their development programs, and that is a good thing because in the end we all win as fans.

I don't think we are choking at all. I think nthere is an incredible amount of pressure on these kids, though, and I feel like part of that blame goes to TSN for making this tournament more important than it really is. Don't get me wrong, I love the WJC, but TSN with all of its pre-tournament specials etc...has created unreal pressure for any kid going to his event. We as fans have a role in that, too.

Like I said, we have people on here criticizing a 16 year old for "not living up to expectations". The kid has hardly played, he is in a different role, etc. What was I doing when I was 16? Eating candy and playing Atari.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad