GDT: Dec. 31 • Group A • United States 2, Canada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Wasn't a dive guys. I'm pretty sure the USA player expected Fucale to hold the puck and didn't expect to get hit. So when Pouliot hit him, he lost his balance.

This.

It's been a fun game to watch so far. I would love if the would make GOld medal games a best of 3 series like the do relegation. WOuld make everything more fun I think

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Is it me or has the Nicolas Kerdiles — Danny O'Regan — Riley Barber really sucked today? I know that Barber scored on the 4 on 4 but they just seemed to get pinned in their own zone way too often and barely know how to start a breakout

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Stupid penalty by Petan. Keep giving good teams powerplays and they will make you pay for it. Treading on thin ice here.

That was a ridiculous play by Dumba. Also, Fasching, Copp and Eichel are imposing dudes. This sport has a bright future.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Good comeback period from Canada there. This team needs to learn how to start games. They will not keep surviving by playing 40 minutes a night

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I don't think the penalty was called roughing, was it? It was called interference. Falling or not falling, embellishing or not embellishing, wasn't really a factor, I suspect. What was a factor was the 2 or 3 strides and 10+ meters since releasing the puck before the hit was made.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
McDavid looks lots better than Eichel out there. Didn't know Eichel is such a slouch skating wise. And he seems to have one move only: the toe drag.

Nothingman*

I don't think the penalty was called roughing, was it? It was called interference. Falling or not falling, embellishing or not embellishing, wasn't really a factor, I suspect. What was a factor was the 2 or 3 strides and 10+ meters since releasing the puck before the hit was made.

This is correct. It was interference.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Stupid penalty by Petan. Keep giving good teams powerplays and they will make you pay for it. Treading on thin ice here.

That was a ridiculous play by Dumba. Also, Fasching, Copp and Eichel are imposing dudes. This sport has a bright future.

Petan didn't take a penalty?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Two amazing teams, two amazing goalies, amazing atmosphere, and the officiating...well one of these things is not like the others.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Embellished, but I don't blame the player. If the officials are going to fall for it, as they famously do in international hockey, then it is a strategic play. I don't like it, but in a tight game you go for whatever edge you can I suppose. We would do it too if the situation arose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad