GDT: Dec. 30 • Group A • Canada 5, Slovakia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corax

May 1, 2007
Ok, just to comment on reffing. Just before the slash on gloves there was slashing that knocked out a stick in a front of the net. I think the act came as a part of that sequence. The sad part is that Canada will get a free ride in 3rd as the coach already whined to the refs.

Jan 3, 2012
Must be so stressful for these guys knowing that they are failing and the entire country is at their heels.

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
As a Canada fan, I don't think the officials are doing a bad job. If Canada focuses on them, we will likely lose.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Hard to believe it's 34 shots - 13 for Canada, stay out of the bin and we should take this.

It is hard to believe, mostly because it's not true.

Slovakia had 18 shots on net (9 in each period), plus a couple of posts.

Check the IIHF boxscore.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
The McDavid-Horvat-Reinhart line's is invisible today...
The Laughton's line is not producing much offence once again
Why the hell is Rychel and Leier on Team CANADA???? Where's Domi when you need it?

Dumba and Bigras are just........Pelech is ok.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Must be so stressful for these guys knowing that they are failing and the entire country is at their heels.

They're also probably nervous about starting new classes next week. In High School. Because they're kids. I love watching this tournament but it's important to be calm haha.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Seriously not sure whey Gauthier getting hate?

Hes done his job, does a good job creating pressure. Would I play him a lot in the 3rd, not really, but hes certainly done more for this team than Petan and Rychel

And Im trying to be unbias as possible

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
If, and it's a big if, Canda stays out of the box, they'll win this game. SVK and their trap won't work forever, Canada is getting too many good chances 5v5.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
That fan with the "The Sarnia Network" sign needs to get a new sign or GTFO. What a ridiculous sign that no one cares about. You're from Sarnia? Nothign to brag about mate

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Honestly no, I'd rather not have

A)The potential of an embarrassing upset

B)The potential of an easy game and then having to play a juggernaut right after

That game could work two ways, neither of which is beneficial.

C) win yet another game and gain more confidence heading into the semi's.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Be my guest. A little trepidation before the medal round for this US team isn't a bad thing.

Fair enough. And, you're right. Having the easy path has not worked out well for teams in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad