GDT: Dec. 30 • Group A • Canada 5, Slovakia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Brett Sutter should be talking to the team about how they're playing not crying at the ref :shakehead

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Without Fucale this game is already over..... 3PP goals for Slovakia 2 of thoses on 5on3.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Sutter is right, it's not completely fair they've had 2 5v3s against them, but he also has to to acknowledge that his own players are putting themselves in that position. If you know the SVKs are diving, then don't put your stick between their feet, just hit them and free the puck that way.

KingMatthews

popcorn.gif
Jan 14, 2009
Toronto
Bobby Mac laid it down perfectly. Stop taking senseless penalties, play some 5v5 hockey and take it to them. If we can stay at ES or at least get some better PK work I have no doubts Canada can win this game.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Early in the tournament still, but there seem to be quite a few passengers on Team Canada. There's a few guys who, thus far, don't look like they're at the level needed to do well in this high level tournament.

Leaf fans might get upset, but what exactly does Gauthier do?

I've actually liked Gauthier. He's been doing a lot more then the big time goal scorers like Petan and Rychel.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Nic Petan real effective? Am I watching the same tournament...

He's made a few mistakes, but he's also made a few plays that stood out positively to me, which unfortunately for us Canadians, is saying a lot for a player on this team.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Drouin, what a bag of whine. And stupid penalties. Instant dislike, regardless of whatever positive qualities he has.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
yes you do. ull avoid russia, sweden, and finland in the quarters.

First of all, there's no guarantee in this tournament. And then if it is in fact an easy game, then you have to take a massive leap up to a superpower in the semis, which is a deathtrap. Alot can go wrong there. It's hardly a reward.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Fucale looks nervous. If we lose this game there will be lotsa questions on how this team was assembled. Dumba's another minus.

Where's Domi? Where's Comrie?

:(

Except Ryan Murphy has a good NHL career ahead of him.

This Canada team just isn't very good, is it?

Dr Krieger and Piggly make it 3-1

underrating?

agreed.

Yes sorry underating.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Griffin Reinhart will be this team's saviour, gives them a solid number one dman. D needs to jump into the play more, protecting the puck down low isn't generating anything if no shots are fired or no one pinches.

Hes certainly our best "shutdown" guy, but hes not going to be a saviour at all. On small ice things would be different, but his biggest weakness is that hes not a fluid skater like Morrissey or Pouliot.

I agree that the d men need to activate more, but it only works if guys cover them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad