Andreas Kowert
wru.gif
Eduard Metalnikov​

Last edited:

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Ref from Japan? Woah. Would love to see Fucale start as well. If he does well, Roll him for the tournament. If he fumbles, give it to Patterson permanently. (Barring any major horrible performances)

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Fucale's starting per TSN.

Those lines are messed up, they may be from last game but the Drouin line is our 1st and the Horvat line is our 2nd.

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Those lines are messed up, they may be from last game but the Drouin line is our 1st and the Horvat line is our 2nd.
Tell that to whoever is in charge of filling out your official lineup chart. I'm not having this discussion again.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Canada will win but the Slovaks are a pesky bunch. Won't be as easy as some think.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
This article from the New York Times, a classic match-up between these two countries:

JUNIOR HOCKEY: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS; Battle of the Goalies Ends in Scoreless Tie
Published: December 28, 1998

Goaltender Roberto Luongo played an outstanding third period, helping Canada tie Slovakia, 0-0, yesterday at the World Junior Championships in Brandon, Manitoba.

Luongo brought the crowd of 6,000 packed into the Keystone Center to its feet, and stopped 36 shots over all for his shutout in Canada's first game of the tournament.

The Slovak goaltender Jan Lasak stopped 31 shots from Canada, which gained its first scoreless tie in tournament history.

Canada, which is attempting to improve on its eighth-place finish in Helsinki in January, takes 1 point into Monday night's game against the defending champion Finland in Winnipeg.

Luongo made two stellar glove saves on Slovak defenseman Peter Smrek from the blue line during a Slovak power play in the third period. Luongo then stopped Martin Cibak on a breakaway.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
This article from the New York Times, a classic match-up between these two countries:

JUNIOR HOCKEY: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS; Battle of the Goalies Ends in Scoreless Tie
Published: December 28, 1998

Goaltender Roberto Luongo played an outstanding third period, helping Canada tie Slovakia, 0-0, yesterday at the World Junior Championships in Brandon, Manitoba.

Luongo brought the crowd of 6,000 packed into the Keystone Center to its feet, and stopped 36 shots over all for his shutout in Canada's first game of the tournament.

The Slovak goaltender Jan Lasak stopped 31 shots from Canada, which gained its first scoreless tie in tournament history.

Canada, which is attempting to improve on its eighth-place finish in Helsinki in January, takes 1 point into Monday night's game against the defending champion Finland in Winnipeg.

Luongo made two stellar glove saves on Slovak defenseman Peter Smrek from the blue line during a Slovak power play in the third period. Luongo then stopped Martin Cibak on a breakaway.

Thanks. That was a tough pool because Canada finished 8th the previous year. Slovakia, Canada, Finland, Czechs and the US. Slovakia won the pool and won Bronze.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Intrigued to see what comes out of this after the performance by the Slovaks so far.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Looking forward to seeing Skalicky play. Interested in his potential.

Big day for Hudon tomorrow. Calling two goals his way.

What I like about our Slovak team this year, it is not often people are excited to see one of our 4th liners play.:) The team usually has two lines and then pray for a TV timeout.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Some more game fun facts:

The only Slovak on the roster to have scored a goal on Canadian goaltender Zachary Fucale is Martin Reway. It was his second career goal in the QMJHL, scored on September 28th 2012.

Canadians Kerby Rychel and Scott Laughton have one goal apiece against Slovak goaltender Richard Sabol - both scored in December of 2010 at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Canada needs this win to regain their confidence.

Slovakia won't go down easier, and they're a much tougher team than the Czechs IMO.

Going to need a much better effort today.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I hope Sutter gives McDavid a chance to gain back some confidence tomorrow. Sutter handled McDavid like a five year old with a grenade in the game against the Czechs.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Slovaks win, it is pretty much a guarantee that Canada would play either Russia or Sweden in the quarter finals.

I would go so far as to say that of the Slovaks win, Canada has bigger things to worry about than Sweden and Russia. If they lose, they have to beat the Americans to even qualify.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I would go so far as to say that of the Slovaks win, Canada has bigger things to worry about than Sweden and Russia. If they lose, they have to beat the Americans to even qualify.

Negative. Germany cannot mathematically catch Canada. Canada has qualified for the QF already.

Chara-3

May 7, 2007
Samuel Baroš should start between the pipes, from what I heard in news. I don't like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad