GDT: Dec. 30 • Group A • Canada 5, Slovakia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

First of all, there's no guarantee in this tournament. And then if it is in fact an easy game, then you have to take a massive leap up to a superpower in the semis, which is a deathtrap. Alot can go wrong there. It's hardly a reward.

We'll take it. ;)

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Gauthier, Horvat, Leier, and McDavid have all been invisible today. Even Reinhart hasn't done much.

Umm...His line was the only line that even entered the Slovak zone in the first 10 minutes of the game and was the only line bringing it when Canada looked down and out.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Team Canada is *****ing entirely too much about the refs.

Bad penalties happen. Play the game and stop whining.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
just saw those PP goals by Slovakia...i dont know why nobody didnt mentioned how great those PP were and what a goals they scored...did it Canada, there would by 10 pages of orgasms :D

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Sad point...

Even if we manage to win this game, which I think we will, we will start down a goal against the U.S. because we need to win in regulation.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
While I agree, you can't tell me you and other Americans wouldn't rather play the Swiss.

They have been far worse than the other three teams ahead of them in this tournament.

Honestly no, I'd rather not have

A)The potential of an embarrassing upset

B)The potential of an easy game and then having to play a juggernaut right after

That game could work two ways, neither of which is beneficial.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Without Fucale this game is already over..... 3PP goals for Slovakia 2 of thoses on 5on3.

Nope. Replace Fucale with Slovak goalie and your statement holds.

Fucale really had no chance on those goals, but it is not like Slovaks have been bombarding him with shots. In fact, I think Slovakia has 18 shots right now. Compared to 35(?) for Canada.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Pelech has been solid too. See Bigras needs to look at him for an example. Pelech is no Erik Karlsson with the puck, but when he gets it he just looks up and sends a hard crisp pass somewhere red

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
Don't know if mcdavid's been effectively benched..... we should have been winning these last couple games. I put more blame on the Canada defenders than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad