Confirmed with Link: DeBoer the new Sharks head coach (officially official)

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I like the (likely) addition of Bob Boughner to the coaching staff.

He's a good 'good cop' to DeBoer's 'bad cop'.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I like the (likely) addition of Bob Boughner to the coaching staff.

He's a good 'good cop' to DeBoer's 'bad cop'.

Now we just need a samurai cop.

Any coach got the hair? If not we can get a wig.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
So the coaching staff seems to be..

Pete DeBoer-HC
Steve Spott-AC
Bob Boughner-AC
Adam Oates-AC.

It's a good staff.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm not sure who does what but Spott and Boughner have good reps in regards to coaching up youngsters and have worked with DeBoer in the past. I'm assuming Oates would be an associate/pp coach.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I'd be a bit surprised if all three of Boughner, Oates & Spott were added though I guess they could go with 4 guys behind the bench again.

Kurz mentioned Spott and Boughner in his blog as the likely hires. I guess Oates would do the associate gig.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Kurz mentioned Spott and Boughner in his blog as the likely hires. I guess Oates would do the associate gig.

I'd be good with Spott & Boughner, not so good with Oates having say in anything other than the PP.

Hopefully they'll go with the normal head coach + 2 AC's.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Has anybody actually been confirmed yet?

Bobby Mac said Boughner should be hired this week. The more I think about it the more (as in just now) I think Oates won't be hired. Unlike New Jersey, the Sharks will have a bunch of younger players in bigger roles (especially up front) so DeBoer went back to his junior tree to hire Spott and Boughner. At least that's what I gather.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Bobby Mac said Boughner should be hired this week. The more I think about it the more (as in just now) I think Oates won't be hired. Unlike New Jersey, the Sharks will have a bunch of younger players in bigger roles (especially up front) so DeBoer went back to his junior tree to hire Spott and Boughner. At least that's what I gather.

This is what I'm hoping & both Spott & Boughner are offensive minded coaches which should also be a good fit with DeBoer.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I just think it makes sense since every coaching situation is different and needs a different approach. The Sharks have the horses to push the play and play high event, high pressure hockey. Maybe DeBoer will implement that type of system with Spott and Boughner's help.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 4m4 minutes ago

Wayne Thomas retiring after 22 years with #SJSharks, most recently in dual role as asst. GM and goalie coach. Good guy, sorry to see him go.

Ross McKeon ‏@rossmckeon 43s44 seconds ago

More #SJSharks news: Bob Boughner asst. coach & Johan Hedberg asst coach/goaltending coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad