Rumor: DeBoer possibly getting fired?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Please. Not broken like this. We had a subpar offense at times, but we still had a good defensive structure. This year the defense is a mess, he's making increasingly nonsensical coaching decisions, we have bad goalie play, everything.

I was fine with giving him another chance, but he needs to be shown the door before the damage is too much to come back from.
They are losing games the same way they lost them late last season and the same way Vegas smoked them. It looks worse now because they aren't playing with the same urgency and Jones is Swiss cheese but the underlying issues are the same

Reactions: ChompChomp

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Wins and losses aren’t the issue, it’s how the team is playing. They’re getting picked apart by everyone. Even when they win, they get picked apart. Being in a playoff spot is nice, but it’s not representative of their play. Oh, and they’re not in a playoff spot.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
No way is Deboer the coach next year, so why not just can him now? A new coach might not be a magic fix but it's the easiest solution outside of going full rebuild.

Deboer is a lame duck coach. If he had 3 years left on his deal I could understand Hasso not wanting to pay Deboer 3 years to sit at home but his contract is up so there's really not much to lose.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Every time I feel my phone buzz, I hope it's the notification that Deboer has been fired. It's been like a month and im disappointed every time it's something else

Reactions: ChompChomp

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
MinisterKurz.jpg

"Everything is fine. Pete DeBoer's job is safe and secure and the team is still on track to win the Stanley Cup. There's no cause for concern until at least January."

(excuse the lazy 15 minute photoshop)

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
View attachment 160565

"Everything is fine. Pete DeBoer's job is safe and secure and the team is still on track to win the Stanley Cup. There's no cause for concern until at least January."

(excuse the lazy 15 minute photoshop)

FFS. This has to be it right? Win or lose tomorrow, Sharks have a new coach next home game. Seriously there is nothing left to debate at this point. Pete has lost the room. If this was his first season with the team then he gets some rope to implement his system and learn the players. But this is largely the same roster he's had to work with. Arguable the best roster he's ever coached and it's a total shit show.

Last edited by a moderator:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Seems like all of Sharks social media is done with PDB now. Reddit, FtF, here, lotsa Fire PDB talk. Rare to see such a united opinion across so many platforms.

Reactions: Sandisfan

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Remind me never to go to the main boards... Somehow got in an argument with a leafs fan who claimed that Burns wasn't a #1D haha.

Oh BTW yeah it's time for Deboer to go.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Seems like all of Sharks social media is done with PDB now. Reddit, FtF, here, lotsa Fire PDB talk. Rare to see such a united opinion across so many platforms.

Maybe Pete’s doing it on purpose to spur the sharks on?! He’s the hero we need, just not the one we need right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00