Rumor: DeBoer possibly getting fired?

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Maybe Pete’s doing it on purpose to spur the sharks on?! He’s the hero we need, just not the one we need right now.
deboer batman_zpsjpruavtk.jpg

That's bullshit.

Reactions: Crazy Joe Divola

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It feels almost wrong to be upset over a hockey game, but I've been upset with the Sharks since that game ended today. I have 2 complimentary tickets for Wednesday Night and I don't have anyone to go with and I probably won't go myself. To watch this team put up that kind of effort today was inexcusable. I was told the day the Sharks got Erik Karlsson that they were in win now mode. Well, they are not winning now and the coach behind the bench is a big reason why. To get blown out by Ottawa of all teams should really be the light under Wilson's bum to do something. If they don't and they take the Kurz approach and go on a 12 game losing streak to fire the coach, the Sharks will miss out on the playoffs and this will be a wasted season, and we will have wasted the good graces of the Karlsson trade.

Erik Karlsson said the time is nigh? Well, the time is nigh to save the season because if they wait too long, it will be too late.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
It feels almost wrong to be upset over a hockey game, but I've been upset with the Sharks since that game ended today. I have 2 complimentary tickets for Wednesday Night and I don't have anyone to go with and I probably won't go myself. To watch this team put up that kind of effort today was inexcusable. I was told the day the Sharks got Erik Karlsson that they were in win now mode. Well, they are not winning now and the coach behind the bench is a big reason why. To get blown out by Ottawa of all teams should really be the light under Wilson's bum to do something. If they don't and they take the Kurz approach and go on a 12 game losing streak to fire the coach, the Sharks will miss out on the playoffs and this will be a wasted season, and we will have wasted the good graces of the Karlsson trade.

Erik Karlsson said the time is nigh? Well, the time is nigh to save the season because if they wait too long, it will be too late.

One side note, you're lucky to be able to choose not to go Wed. If my family, friends and I don't attend this Fri 12/7 game at Dallas, it's our last opportunity to see the Sharks in person until the one game in Dallas in 19-20, which I'm sure the NHL scheduler will screw us and put it in March 2020 or something.

Combined with the Sharks horrifically 0-5 in their last 5 in Dallas going back to 2015, we don't entirely want to go but feel like we have no choice so we can at least see our favorite team in person one more time before this decade ends.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Oh I got those freebies too. Sharks survey thing right? I really do want to go but if it's gonna be this system, it'll be a painful watch.

Reactions: ChompChomp

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Oh I got those freebies too. Sharks survey thing right? I really do want to go but if it's gonna be this system, it'll be a painful watch.

Yeah. It's not even the game I picked. I picked the game against Edmonton in January. I would like to go to a Sharks game this year but I would prefer it to be after the holidays rather than putting up with this crap now.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I just want to say, Trots won his championship in his 4th season with the Caps, and it is DeBoers 4th season. So who knows! I'm okay with riding this out.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
My guess is that we have no suitable replacement, hence why nothing has been done. Peter should have been booted a week ago already.

Who are the assistant coaches? There's Spott and who else? I just realized they don't do interviews with the assistants like they did with Woodcroft and Zettler years ago. I mean if they don't get Coach Q, there is always Darryl Sutter or maybe promote the Barracuda guy? Or maybe have Doug Wilson himself coach the team for a few games prior to getting a suitable coach?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I just want to say, Trots won his championship in his 4th season with the Caps, and it is DeBoers 4th season. So who knows! I'm okay with riding this out.
Better hope he can trade some midling players for a hall of famer then because that's the only time the sharks have turned around a complete dumpster fire

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
My guess is that we have no suitable replacement, hence why nothing has been done. Peter should have been booted a week ago already.

As PF has said here, anyone is an improvement on PDB right now. It's likely DW has already reached out to Q and he's not interested now or ever, but even if Q wants to be the next HC of the Sharks right now, it's quite possible that DW is just being very patient with PDB.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Who are the assistant coaches? There's Spott and who else? I just realized they don't do interviews with the assistants like they did with Woodcroft and Zettler years ago. I mean if they don't get Coach Q, there is always Darryl Sutter or maybe promote the Barracuda guy? Or maybe have Doug Wilson himself coach the team for a few games prior to getting a suitable coach?

Rob Zettler is the other assistant. Totally useless.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
As PF has said here, anyone is an improvement on PDB right now. It's likely DW has already reached out to Q and he's not interested now or ever, but even if Q wants to be the next HC of the Sharks right now, it's quite possible that DW is just being very patient with PDB.

I get that, but the season is becoming a complete dumpster fire. Time is running out. Make a move now.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I haven't been on this band wagon with the same gusto as everyone else, but somethings going to give when we return home, especially if we get beaten tomorrow. DW's job is on the line here also, so he isn't going to let it just unfold without intervention. We're now out of the playoffs.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I don’t think the issue here is the team personnel, I think it’s very clearly coaching. I have no doubt this thing can be turned around. I don’t think it happens before MTL though. In truth, this is pretty close to the time last year PDB implemented a “systems change”. We don’t know what is being discussed behind the scenes. The current system isn’t working, but even still the players are doing their best to execute. That right there means Pete hasn’t completely lost the room yet. I think a change is needed, but it doesn’t have to be an entirely new coach.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I think we're still okay, if it continues at home for the brief 2 game stint, then I would be worried.

Ya know somebody said something on the main boards, along the lines of if youre too patient circumstances will make the hand for you. And I remember when I was maybe 12 or 13, reading ina newspaper Doug Wilson believes in patience and I always looked up to that philosophy and that's why I still never talked bad about him when things waivered. And I do think he's not afraid to pull the trigger but this is one of those times where the organizations is in a clutch moment, EK has to re-sign or Ryan Merkley has to be the next best thing since Dan Boyle. Something needs to be done soon, hopefully the players come together and do that before we have to rely on something else.

And btw Ryan Merkley has like 30 points in 20 games or something. So I really think he could be the sharks future leader.

Last edited:

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I think we're still okay, if it continues at home for the brief 2 game stint, then I would be worried.

Ya know somebody said something on the main boards, along the lines of if youre too patient circumstances will make the hand for you. And I remember when I was maybe 12 or 13, reading ina newspaper Doug Wilson believes in patience and I always looked up to that philosophy and that's why I still never talked bad about him when things waivered. And I do think he's not afraid to pull the trigger but this is one of those times where the organizations is in a clutch moment, EK has to re-sign or Ryan Merkley has to be the next best thing since Dan Boyle. Something needs to be done soon, hopefully the players come together and do that before we have to rely on something else.

And btw Ryan Merkley has like 30 points in 20 games or something. So I really think he could be the sharks future leader.

We are definitely not ok. This ship has sunk, and there's no way up as far as I'm concerned. Also Merkley is 2-3 years away, so he isn't our savior in the short term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00