Value of: DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
When was a middle pair Dman traded for a top 15 pick? The team at time of trade knew it was a top 15 pick.

Personality I look at ADA as a bottom pair offensive Dman. If he was better defensively he could be mid pair.
He is mid-pair. You don't score at that rate and pencil him in as a third pair D. Sorry, but that's insane. He needs to be away from Marc frieken Staal and with an actual defensive d-man.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He is mid-pair. You don't score at that rate and pencil him in as a third pair D. Sorry, but that's insane. He needs to be away from Marc frieken Staal and with an actual defensive d-man.

You p,ay the 3rd pair with your 1st offendibe line and have him play of the top PP unit and you can get similar stats.

Offensive stats alone do not drive Dmans worth.

I’d just sign Krug as a UFA for 3-4 yrs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I keep saying that something around DeAngelo for RNH makes a lot of sense. The issue is that I think the Rangers have to add to DeAngelo, and ideally add a center, to make that deal work and I'm just not sure what center they have that the Oilers would want.

Maybe DeAngelo and Chytil or Georgiyev for RNH?
RNH is a nice player, but I don’t know that he is what the Rangers really need Him being a rental isn’t really a problem to me though. Don’t love the fit unless Strome is moved, and that creates the same problem.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Um in some ranger fans mind yes, they were willing to part with a small add at most
“Small adds“ like First round pick(s) and top prospects from One of the best pools in the NHL. Okay.

DeAngelo mentioned to Anaheim because they tried to trade for Faulk who is a similar skill But DeAngelo is better, younger, cheaper and under RFA control. No one said it would be a 1 for 1.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only issue is RNH has only 1 yr left than ufa

I could see Georgiev But not Chytil. Oilers would have to send more back IMO
No problem adding a vet rental C; don’t necessarily want someone the would have to protect from Seattle. But I would be looking at a guy like Stastny who wins face offs, helps on special teams and would likely be cheaper to retain if it worked out. Rangers need to think a bit about roster construction. I think the team makes a bigger jump by upgrading Howden at 3C than upgrading Strome (who centered a Hart finalist all season) at 2C

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
HF obsessed with players being "one dimensional".

News at 11.
I mean if Said one dimensional Player is a 50+ point offensive dman i can live with that. You can be one dimensional if you are top tier ay that dimension. DeAngelo is.

Reactions: pld459666

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I mean if Said one dimensional Player is a 50+ point offensive dman i can live with that. You can be one dimensional if you are top tier ay that dimension. DeAngelo is.

Deangelo was on pace for 64 points carrying the corpse of Marc Staal. Plus I know +/- is flawed but the guy was a +12 on a team that wasn't particularly dominant 5 on 5 with Marc Staal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Deangelo was on pace for 64 points carrying the corpse of Marc Staal. Plus I know +/- is flawed but the guy was a +12 on a team that wasn't particularly dominant 5 on 5 with Marc Staal.
For sure. I don’t think people realize how bad all the Rangers LHD were this year except for Lindgren

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
For sure. I don’t think people realize how bad all the Rangers LHD were this year except for Lindgren

The this guy doesn't play Norris/Selke level defense (based on position) so he's a scrub is an obnoxious aspect of HF. If a guy's not great defensively but was on pace for 64 points and +12 with Marc Staal on his pairing then I'll be ok with him not being Nik Lidstrom.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Ranger fans throwing his name out there because the team mentioned potentially trading from depth to fill other areas

Trouba, Fox and top prospect Lundqvist coming on RD

What is fair value w NYR looking for a 2C or top 4LD

Hes RFA and due for a good raise after a solid year

Something built around Klefbom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad