Seravalli: Deal on the table for the Kraken to take Tarasenko, flip him to PHI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Seattle takes Tarasenko and Hagg

Seattle sends Tarasenko to Philly for Voracek, JVR, and a 2nd round pick

Seattle sends JVR to St. Louis for a 3rd round pick

Blues - JVR, Seattle agrees not to take Dunn
Flyers - Tarasenko, 9.35 million in cap space
Kraken - Voracek, Hagg, 2nd and 3rd round picks

Reactions: EdmFlyersfan

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Jake Bean, Haydn Fluery, Jeremy Lauzon, Nikita Zadorov, Gabriel Carlsson, and Shayne Gostisbehere are all equal to or slightly greater than Dunn. The Kraken are better off getting the 1st from the Flyers in this case.
Flyers fans are arguing it won't be their first round pick, which honestly is mostly why i jumped into this fray.

"Better" is pretty subjective with these types of lists. Arguments could be made for either player when viewed head to head.

Each of these players have strengths and weaknesses. If they weren't flawed, they would not be available in the expansion draft. Deciding which piece slots best in which role can be debated till the end of time, as there really is no absolute answer.

Ultimately, the first would be nice, but it also comes with some risk and a lot of cap that could possibly be much better(or worse) spent elsewhere.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site

Sending out about 120 points for maybe 50-60 and then adding whom in free agency?

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Flyers fans are arguing it won't be their first round pick, which honestly is mostly why i jumped into this fray.

"Better" is pretty subjective with these types of lists. Arguments could be made for either player when viewed head to head.

Each of these players have strengths and weaknesses. If they weren't flawed, they would not be available in the expansion draft. Deciding which piece slots best in which role can be debated till the end of time, as there really is no absolute answer.

Ultimately, the first would be nice, but it also comes with some risk and a lot of cap that could possibly be much better(or worse) spent elsewhere.

That's how it was first reported, and a 1st rounder really doesn't make sense in this deal.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

Do the Blues want JVR though?

Last edited:

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
That's how it was first reported, and a 1st rounder really doesn't make sense in this deal.
I agree that Philly should not be looking to move their first to unload Voracek, but it makes even less sense from Seattle's perspective to give up their St. Louis pick, forego choosing who they want from Philly, take on Voracek's 3 x 8.25 million contract all for a 2nd or 3rd and Robert Hagg?

Honestly, the entire scenario seems a bit too far fetched for me to believe. I guess we will see soon enough.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I agree that Philly should not be looking to move their first to unload Voracek, but it makes even less sense from Seattle's perspective to give up their St. Louis pick, forego choosing who they want from Philly, take on Voracek's 3 x 8.25 million contract all for a 2nd or 3rd and Robert Hagg?

Honestly, the entire scenario seems a bit too far fetched for me to believe. I guess we will see soon enough.
Seattle has a coach who loves Hagg, though. And Voracek would be their top scorer very likely.

Given that Dunn was offered around the league and St.L was only offered a 3rd, adding 4 assets from 2 teams in the ED would be a big win. Especially since in 2 years, Voracek could be flipped for a possible 1st.

The Flyers are going to overpay today due to Fletch's desire to be different....not better.

Reactions: He Is Knocking

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Seattle has a coach who loves Hagg, though. And Voracek would be their top scorer very likely.

Given that Dunn was offered around the league and St.L was only offered a 3rd, adding 4 assets from 2 teams in the ED would be a big win. Especially since in 2 years, Voracek could be flipped for a possible 1st.

The Flyers are going to overpay today due to Fletch's desire to be different....not better.

Honestly, what would be the realistic cost for you to move Hagg and get his 2 million cap hit off the books if Seattle does not acquire him in the expansion draft?

I keep hearing Philly fans saying, "... but Hakstol and Hagg...", but given the sheer volume of LHD available in the draft, i somewhat doubt Hagg is a high priority.

I think if Seattle sincerely wants to grab Hagg, the by far smartest course would be to trade for him after the expansion draft.

The chances Voracek draws a 1st at the deadline in 2 years at nearly age 35 is not going to be great, so I don't think anyone in the Seattle organization would be counting on that to happen.

Reactions: Curufinwe

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015

If the Flyers first is involved I'd hope Fletcher says thanks but no thanks, we'll keep our 60+ point player and plan on getting finishers/better coaching from within. I don't believe that is a stretch with Brink someday (sooner than most think IMO), Farabee, Lindblom being further out of his cancer battle, others.... It's easy to see.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad