Seravalli: Deal on the table for the Kraken to take Tarasenko, flip him to PHI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
that's odd, if he's healthy Seattle should just keep him... we'll see what they offer i guess.

landfill

Sep 1, 2006
Vancouver
a1022.g.akamai.net
Philly should be removing contracts and getting younger; but Fletcher will double down until the farms gone or he loses his job

do Philly fans seriously think they stand a chance with their current makeup?[/QUkOTE]

Philly always stands a chance. I wish more teams did things like they do.

Other then how Hextall was fired and Lindros was handled.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
As a Blues fan, I'll be happy if Seattle takes Tarasenko. The best option left to the Blues is to get his full salary off the ledger, and keep Dunn and everyone else exposed in the draft. It remains to be seen if the Blues restock in the UFA period, but I think there is a decent chance of them signing Landeskog and making a run at Suter.

I think Seattle would be wise to play the long game, and draft players/assets that they can use to get the highest quality futures they can. Flipping Tarasenko with some salary retained seems like a good way to contribute to that. If they are trying to field their most competitive team today, they probably draft Dunn (since there are less quality D available).

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
...it would take more than Voracek and a 2021 1st...Voracek has soo much negative value that it would be MUCH more...
Tarasenko has played 34 games over the last two seasons and has three shoulder surgeries and seven goals. This isn't three years ago Tarasenko and there are major question marks. At least Voracek has been healthy and producing at his usual 60-65 point level. A first and Voracek would be plenty for Tarasenko.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Tarasenko has played 34 games over the last two seasons and has three shoulder surgeries and seven goals. This isn't three years ago Tarasenko and there are major question marks. At least Voracek has been healthy and producing at his usual 60-65 point level. A first and Voracek would be plenty for Tarasenko.

...disagree; they'd have to give up that 1st just to rid themselves of his contract, imo...I guess we'll have to wait & see...

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
we shall see, but this feels stupid to do for the flyers. I dunno why they want tarasenko when they have so much youth thats ready
The Flyers move for Ellis along with comments made by Fletcher recently are a clear indication they are looking to win now. Tarasenko gives them a legit sniper they need, if healthy, so it makes perfect sense.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
The Flyers move for Ellis along with comments made by Fletcher recently are a clear indication they are looking to win now. Tarasenko gives them a legit sniper they need, if healthy, so it makes perfect sense.
I do understand, but it is a risk. This all depends on Hart btw, and if AV can actually learn from his coaching mistakes. Philly is a very frustrating team to play against so I do understand the logic to why they want Tarasenko. Giroux isn't getting any younger anyways

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I do understand, but it is a risk. This all depends on Hart btw, and if AV can actually learn from his coaching mistakes. Philly is a very frustrating team to play against so I do understand the logic to why they want Tarasenko. Giroux isn't getting any younger anyways

Cheaper and a little younger than Voracek too. Is that first 13 overall though?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Philly should be removing contracts and getting younger; but Fletcher will double down until the farms gone or he loses his job

do Philly fans seriously think they stand a chance with their current makeup?

Philly isn't selling the farm until players like Frost and York are gone lol...

Patrick and Myers were NHL assets that needed to be dealt because there was far too much year-to-year uncertainty in core positions.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Cheaper and a little younger than Voracek too. Is that first 13 overall though?
They would have to give up the 13th overall pick if they wish to do this. In a mediocre draft, this is something that at least makes sense for the flyers to give up, especially when they still have a few prospects who can make a major impact soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad