Deadpool 2

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Never saw the first one. Somehow got roped into seeing what i believe is a double feature of both Deadpool and Deadpool 2, in just a couple hours. I’m a crotchety old man that has a hard time sitting in one small space for more than ten minutes so this might get interesting. Though I’ve heard most cinemas have upgraded the seating arrangements.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Never saw the first one. Somehow got roped into seeing what i believe is a double feature of both Deadpool and Deadpool 2, in just a couple hours. I’m a crotchety old man that has a hard time sitting in one small space for more than ten minutes so this might get interesting. Though I’ve heard most cinemas have upgraded the seating arrangements.

Went with my parents who are about 70 to see the first one and they actually loved it. Not surprised my dad did but was really surprised my mother did.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Alright, first one is over. Hot as hell up in this theater. Movie was good. Back is not good.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Alright. Total non comic book/super hero film fan review.

Excellent movie. Start to finish. Won’t say much more. I liked Logan much better though.

Reactions: G F O P

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I think I liked it better than the first one honestly and I loved the first one. Plot is a bit more serious but the movie is still hilarious. Great mix.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Just got back from seeing it as well and I thought the same thing, I think I liked it better than the first one.

Great from start to finish.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just came home from watching this. Better than the first one but not better than Infinity War. The first 30-40 minutes was actually rather serious and featured most of the funny bits from the trailers and thus wasn't quite as funny anymore. But man did it pick up towards the end. There's only one post-credits scene but it's one of the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortshorts

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I am not sure if it's because it is fresh but my first impression is I actually liked it better then the first. Need to let it simmer a bit but the fact I am trying to decide means they killed this. The last half of the movie was amazing.

Sep 19, 2008
anyway that was so good and I accidentally stumbled drunk into the showing before so I Saw the ending

people were coming out saying they thought it was "just okay"

then I saw the movie From The start and I disagree it was really good

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Going at 2pm today.

Friends, I have seen greatness in movies. Rarely in movie sequels. I don't know if this was Godfather II level greatness, but the conversation needs to be had. I agree with the others that it was a little slow at the beginning but really picked up and was fantastic down the stretch. A great addition to the franchise, a big pick me up after the gloominess of Infinity War, and the mid credits scenes were side busting.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Just came home from watching this. Better than the first one but not better than Infinity War. The first 30-40 minutes was actually rather serious and featured most of the funny bits from the trailers and thus wasn't quite as funny anymore. But man did it pick up towards the end. There's only one post-credits scene but it's one of the best.

It’s fine that you do, but I personally cannot compare movies like this to Infinity War. They’re just too different kinds of movies. But yeah, this was a blast. Some unexpected twists, but some great humor. And you’re right about the post-credit scenes. Awesome.

I was laughing my ass off at some of the MCU references. My favorite was the “black Black Widow” one. Great stuff. And I was waiting for him to refer to Cable as Thanos. Really glad they did eventually.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'm not a fan of either movie except for the relish that Reynolds brings to breaking the fourth wall, but I thought this one had better laughs than the original. There is one absolutely classic scene about a rescue that goes off the rails rather quickly and there are some inspired bits involving a hero whose superpower is luck. If you liked the first, you almost certainly will enjoy the second.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Today is the day.

The soon to be wife is mildly upset I bought tickets at 10am which is during the Royal Wedding TV coverage :laugh:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
It’s really good, Reynolds is a perfect Deadpool. Didn’t expect anything less considering the first one and the marketing is better than most movies are.

Sep 19, 2008
That mid-credit scene was worth the price of admission alone!

I may see it again just because I missed it. Really regret drinking beer before the showing. Second the credits roll I run to the bathroom and never came back :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad