Deadpool 2

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Deadpool was way better in my opinion. Still a really good movie, but what made the first so good was what a unique "super hero movie" it was. This was a lot more of the same (just not quite as good in my opinion) from the original.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was solid. Liked it a bit better than the first.

Liked the shift in tone from happy go lucky to dark and dreary.

I need that juggernaut choir as my ringtone too.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Liked it better than the first one. Usually like that with superhero (or superantihero) movies; the first one always has to be a tedious origin picture and the next one they can just let the characters run free.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Thought it was better than the first. It had as many great one liners as the first, but a better overall story.

I was reading last night that Brad Pitt was supposed to be Cable, but couldn't work it into his schedule, so Thanos got cast instead, and Brad Pitt only made a small cameo as Vanisher.

Saw it tonight with the wife, we both loved it.

On a side note, I sat next to a father and his son, who couldn't have been any older than 10. How can a parent bring a child to a movie like this?

What does a movie like this expose a child to that they wouldn't already have seen at their friends house? If they're sophisticated enough to get the humour and not be immature about it, why not? Movies don't even card you for age anymore. I wouldn't bring a kid to this kind of movie, but only because I basically only see movies at the 19+ luxury section (because f*** getting squished by randoms).

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Thought it was better than the first. It had as many great one liners as the first, but a better overall story.

I was reading last night that Brad Pitt was supposed to be Cable, but couldn't work it into his schedule, so Thanos got cast instead, and Brad Pitt only made a small cameo as Vanisher.

What does a movie like this expose a child to that they wouldn't already have seen at their friends house? If they're sophisticated enough to get the humour and not be immature about it, why not? Movies don't even card you for age anymore. I wouldn't bring a kid to this kind of movie, but only because I basically only see movies at the 19+ luxury section (because **** getting squished by randoms).

Few months back I caught my six year old twins watching Deadpool 1 on regular TV, I think it was FX. I assumed that it would be edited for most of the violence and language but nope lol. They were loving it, they knew that Deadpool was a bit of a weird "superhero" and were furious when I turned it off.

I compromised by DVRing it and letting them watch under my supervision, but I fast forwarded the really graphic or sexual parts. Like you said, it's nothing worse than stuff they hear at school. I get asked questions all the time that I'm not always prepared to answer lol.

In regards to DP 2, they were both again furious when they found out my wife and I took an afternoon off to go see the movie. They wanted to go really bad.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
"That guy's actually on fire!"

For some reason that part reminded me of the big brawl in Anchorman where the dude randomly walks into frame on fire despite there being no way to light someone on fire.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Thinking more about this movie, and finding some inconsistencies.

After the prison break, Deadpool just appears at the bar in the next scene. Like, immediately after. I know the Icebox was just up in the north shore mountains, but still. That's a damn long hike back to downtown. And also, which mountain? Grouse, Seymour and Cypress all have ski hills. Be awkward to bump into mutant prisons if you're a German tourist looking to do some snowboarding...

The convoy went kablooie right beside BC Place and Rogers Arena. That means that there's a whole bunch of escaped mutant criminals swarming around mere meters away from where Deadpool destroyed Ajax's procession to open the first movie. And still the VPD does nothing despite him blowing up the Georgia viaduct twice. Dammit, viaducts are expensive. And nobody seems to care that suddenly the contents of the Icebox are now free.

Also, his apartment is still in pretty good condition after being blown up by several barrels of kerosene. And there's no way it'd just sit there demolished...property developers would descend upon it like vultures on a buffalo carcass. It'd be ten new condos with a Starbucks and a sushi place on the ground floor within seconds of the explosion. Seriously.

Part of the fun I have with Deadpool is that Vancouver gets to have its own superhero. A lot of stuff gets filmed here, but the only other Hollywood movie I can think of that doesn't bother to hide that it's in Vancouver is that Arnie movie about cloning...the 6th day. That was it. Deadpool just says: "Yes world, here we are. Canadian and everything, all this shit is happening in Vancouver, f*** you." And that's fun.

Reactions: G F O P

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
awesome to get a Colossus vs. Juggernaut fight!

One of my favorite X-Men moments is the drunk Colossus fight

Hero-Envy-Uncanny_X_Men_183.jpg

Sad we didn't see more Shatterstar, but cool that we got an intro to the Mojoverse.

Scene with all the mainstream X-Men shutting the door on Deadpool was a great cameo too!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I liked it better than the first. I rewatched the first before going to this one. The first was good but I think this one works better as an actual film. It actually has something to say amidst the humor and violence. Granted its nothing that hasn't been said before but I think it works.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Saw it a second time this weekend as my parents, in their 70s, wanted to see it, my mom in particular. They loved it like they did the first one.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I love that Ryan Reynolds is dominating the superhero genre. I rewatched Green Lantern again this week, and the writing, direction and production are all...insufficient (?), but he elevates that movie into something fun and watchable. To think he did it under constant harassment from his director. With a better crew and some RR adlibbing, Green Lantern could have been epic. (Sinestro was awesome as well. Would love to see a Hal vs. Sinestro sequel.)

Had to laugh at the GL script scene in Deadpool 2. Is the country really that ashamed of him? I think the man is a goddamn national treasure. Really gotta watch that Neckbolt movie.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I love that Ryan Reynolds is dominating the superhero genre. I rewatched Green Lantern again this week, and the writing, direction and production are all...insufficient (?), but he elevates that movie into something fun and watchable. To think he did it under constant harassment from his director. With a better crew and some RR adlibbing, Green Lantern could have been epic. (Sinestro was awesome as well. Would love to see a Hal vs. Sinestro sequel.)

Had to laugh at the GL script scene in Deadpool 2. Is the country really that ashamed of him? I think the man is a goddamn national treasure. Really gotta watch that Neckbolt movie.

I don't recall ever seeing that movie....I don't think it was ever made. Certainly not with Reynolds in the movie....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->