Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I mentioned in one of the game threads (game 3) that we need to lay off Pasta as anyone can plainly see, he was playing hurt.

That post drew the ire of a lot of people on this board. But I stick to it. If you cannot see that he is clearly laboring then you as blind as the refs in last nights game...

And he scored last night!

Reactions: Lady Rhian

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
There was a picture of him in the locker room yesterday on Bruins twitter, he's not wearing anything

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I mentioned in one of the game threads (game 3) that we need to lay off Pasta as anyone can plainly see, he was playing hurt.

That post drew the ire of a lot of people on this board. But I stick to it. If you cannot see that he is clearly laboring then you as blind as the refs in last nights game...

And he scored last night!

He's definitely playing hurt. I think everyone knows that and can see it. No one needs to "lay off" of him, though. I'm obviously happy he scored last night but he has been hurting the team a lot. I think fans are totally in the right to criticize him. It feels like he's going to lose the puck more often than not so why wouldn't people be pissed off by that?

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
He's definitely playing hurt. I think everyone knows that and can see it. No one needs to "lay off" of him, though. I'm obviously happy he scored last night but he has been hurting the team a lot. I think fans are totally in the right to criticize him. It feels like he's going to lose the puck more often than not so why wouldn't people be pissed off by that?

Because he is hurt and still playing. He obviously has something very wrong with one of his legs and his hand. It's not like he is even close to 100% yet we all seem to act like he should be playing like that.

You can't have your cake and eat it too... (Or something like that) lol.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The fact of the matter is nobody knows whether or not #88 is hurt, or the severity of the injury, or whether or not he should be in the lineup. The only people who know that are Cassidy, the staff and the team and they are the ones who make the call on whether #88 plays, and when/where he plays. I can live with that.

If Butch thinks that having #88 in the lineup brings more positives than negatives and will help us improve our chances of advancing, I'll respect that decision.

My issue is with poster's using an injury to justify performance detrimental to the team.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Quick, now someone post again that he should be healthy scratched.

Positive CF% last night and a 5x5 goal.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
But they didn't so I will continue to live in this reality timeline.
Well reality is that if you create three breakaways for the other team a game, you are going be a negative player most nights. and it was probably more like 5-6 odd man rushes he created.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Well reality is that if you create three breakaways for the other team a game, you are going be a negative player most nights. and it was probably more like 5-6 odd man rushes he created.
He was a positive possession player and those rushes happened.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
He was a positive possession player and those rushes happened.
Certainly wouldn’t have him anywhere near the the top of the circles or point setting up for one timer. He needs to adjust his style ... and shooting location for whatever injury he has. Team has been lucky that they haven’t lost as a direct result of his turnovers. And there has been a lot. Any other player not named Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, krejci and theyd be watching from box. One beautiful goal, 1 bounced off him in front of net. Otherwise very ineffective player. He is simply in the lineup because he still has the potential not because of what he has brought so far

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Certainly wouldn’t have him anywhere near the the top of the circles or point setting up for one timer. He needs to adjust his style ... and shooting location for whatever injury he has. Team has been lucky that they haven’t lost as a direct result of his turnovers. And there has been a lot. Any other player not named Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, krejci and theyd be watching from box. One beautiful goal, 1 bounced off him in front of night. Otherwise very ineffective player. He is simply in the lineup because he still has the potential not because of what he has brought so far
He has 4 goals in 11 games, that's a ~30 goal pace for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad