Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
He leads all playoff forwards in giveaways. He ain't right and he's hurting the team. Unfortunately Cassidy's only option at this point is to ride him with Bergeron and Marchand and hope a puck goes off skate again.

Also after his hand injury he got 15 pts in 10 games. I think it's something lower body. He's getting knocked off the puck way to easily.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is true, but unfortunately I think there’s even more at play now. I think he’s got something bothering him elsewhere. His overall play now, not just his hands, is a disaster. I don’t think you can sit him just for the optics alone, but he’s playing scratch-worthy hockey. Bad decisions, little compete.

Let’s put it this way...he better be hurt. If he’s not, then he’s gone soft here.
Game 2 vs Leafs he was playing like Nevin Markwart - running around and hitting everyone. The right corner where they shoot twice either game 2 or 5 he clearly was dinged on a heavy hit to upper body shoulder area - he may only have had a stinger but he came off with arm hanging and was in pain on bench

Not sure if this affects him but he sucked against soft Leafs AND he can’t handle puck very well

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I think he's just roughed up and intimidated, and now he's thinking too much about it? Unfortunately, there's no one on the Bruins that the Jackets have to answer to besides Z, and he's a million years old and has lost some testosterone. I really think Miller would make a significant difference in "attitude adjustment" because this whole thing is psychological - not only affecting Pasta but the entire team spirit as well.

Not saying that the physical game is MORE important than talent, but the Cup team, with Looch, Thorty, Darth Quaider and a younger Z, would have beaten the living spunk water out of the BJ's physically, and that would have made a big difference.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He's got to sit. He clearly can't play even close to the way he's capable of playing and the Jackets are hammering him at every opportunity.

I agree, he is actually a liability at the moment, can't even cleanly handle normal passes. If it is an injury, and I am starting to believe it is, he needs to heal a bit. I'd prefer he sat and tried to recover a little bit and the Bruins can roll out Wagner, Backes, or even one of the young guys. The way Pasta is playing right now, it wouldn't be a downgrade whoever they pick. We need a healthy Pasta and if a game or two off can help with that, it has to be done.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He leads all playoff forwards in giveaways. He ain't right and he's hurting the team. Unfortunately Cassidy's only option at this point is to ride him with Bergeron and Marchand and hope a puck goes off **** skate again.

Also after his hand injury he got 15 pts in 10 games. I think it's something lower body. He's getting knocked off the puck way to easily.

Butch has other options, and while it`s a huge ask of a black ace to come in, not so sure they`d be worse than what we are getting from Pasta at this stage. Really tough to watch and something has to be still bothering him doesn`t it? This isn`t the same kid we`ve watched for a few years now, while his play away from the puck will never be mistaken for that of a Bergy he`s looked terrible.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If he sits Cassidy should be fired

How would you feel if he plays and one of those pi** poor puck decisions/weak D plays leads to the winner for the CBJ`s, feel the same then?

He`s doing nothing offensively, his overall attention to detail defensively is non-existent, there is definitely something bothering him but he`s hurting this team more than helping right now and it`s absolutely a legitimate conversation I believe Butch, his coaching staff and the brass need to have prior to game 4. Pasta ain`t right and he`s not helping right now

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Backes and Wagner are worse than replacement level players, please stop

If they are putting anyone in the only one I could get behind is Senyshyn

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I don't doubt that Pasta could have aggravated his thumb injury, but that still doesn't explain the lack of speed or ability to stay on his skates. He's a professional, if a thumb injury fked with his head so much that he can't stay upright we have bigger problems long term.

I think we're overthinking it (me included). We've watched him all year and this isn't him, not even close. He's hurt, and he's hurt in an area that affects his mobility. The way he's fluttering pucks and has nothing on his shot combined with limited acceleration and lack of core strength to stay on his skates during physical contact...my guess is a groin, knee (probably right knee), or even an abdominal injury.

Now, to make things more puzzling, Pastarnak was #1 in ESTOI and #2 in TOI (forwards). If he was as injured as he looks, I wouldn't expect that to be the case.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Translation: He's playing hurt and in pain, and not going to make excuses. There is nothing about Pasta's history with the Bs that he's a slacker and doesn't care. Sucks that he's struggling, but it is what it is. I don't think Cassidy has much choice but to play him and hope for the best.
it's f***ing sad that this needs to be explained to people

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Those suggesting he should sit should be banned for life from HF.

That is exactly a decision that you make if you want to improve your chances to lose against a team you should beat.

He will not score zero goal for the rest of his life. They will go in eventually, maybe even twice in minutes like he did in that important win against Toronto in round 1.

He can’t do that from the press box...

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

That is exactly a decision that you make if you want to improve your chances to lose against a team you should beat.

He will not score zero goal for the rest of his life. They will go in eventually, maybe even twice in minutes like he did in that important win against Toronto in round 1.

I agree with you with if his problems are mental/confidence. If he's hurt then it might be worth having the discussion of sitting him.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH

I am just more concerned about his health, not because of his lack of production. He normally wouldn't be knocked off the puck this much and is usually pretty strong on his skates. He's a shot machine- kid gets the pucks on net, even makes it look so easy. So when I see him struggling like this, and to me, he looks like he is playing hurt- it's tough to see him like this. I know we expect our guys to suck it up and take cortizone shots and use Ben Gay, but his mobility is just off to me. If he is injured, I worry about him becoming worse- one wrong hit, you know what I mean?

I love Pasta- he's got an entire family over here that loves him and enjoys watching him play. Four different fans in our house and one living far away (she hasn't been able to watch this series due to work), and those of us at home all feel he is hurting badly from some injury. We could be wrong, but four of us see him struggling- he's constantly being checked and often times falls on the ice- something that usually doesn't happen to him when he's the recipient of a check. It's actually breaking my heart to see him this way.

Reactions: duffy and chizzler

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I am just more concerned about his health, not because of his lack of production. He normally wouldn't be knocked off the puck this much and is usually pretty strong on his skates. He's a shot machine- kid gets the pucks on net, even makes it look so easy. So when I see him struggling like this, and to me, he looks like he is playing hurt- it's tough to see him like this. I know we expect our guys to suck it up and take cortizone shots and use Ben Gay, but his mobility is just off to me. If he is injured, I worry about him becoming worse- one wrong hit, you know what I mean?

I love Pasta- he's got an entire family over here that loves him and enjoys watching him play. Four different fans in our house and one living far away (she hasn't been able to watch this series due to work), and those of us at home all feel he is hurting badly from some injury. We could be wrong, but four of us see him struggling- he's constantly being checked and often times falls on the ice- something that usually doesn't happen to him when he's the recipient of a check. It's actually breaking my heart to see him this way.
There is no doubt he is injured. Now, weather he should play or sit is a tough question as none of us know his injury.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I don't doubt that Pasta could have aggravated his thumb injury, but that still doesn't explain the lack of speed or ability to stay on his skates. He's a professional, if a thumb injury fked with his head so much that he can't stay upright we have bigger problems long term.

I think we're overthinking it (me included). We've watched him all year and this isn't him, not even close. He's hurt, and he's hurt in an area that affects his mobility. The way he's fluttering pucks and has nothing on his shot combined with limited acceleration and lack of core strength to stay on his skates during physical contact...my guess is a groin, knee (probably right knee), or even an abdominal injury.

Now, to make things more puzzling, Pastarnak was #1 in ESTOI and #2 in TOI (forwards). If he was as injured as he looks, I wouldn't expect that to be the case.
He's not the only one who can't stay up right. At least 8 to 10 times per game some Bruin falls with no one around them. I am wondering if the cat that sharpens the skates hasn't been getting into that legal Canadian Weed. Or maybe the machine itself is out of wack. Just seems odd to see so many pro players falling for no reason?

Reactions: markwart

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
....He's dragged down Bergy and Brad? How so? He's disappointing in what way?...
think about a line that plays together where one player is +25, another is +20, a third is +2. think about what that means. I shouldn't have to explain it.

This is a horrendous take. It's a real shame there are "fans" out there that turn on their own players so quickly.
quickly? I have not been dazzled by goals enough to be distracted from poor overall play over the past few seasons. potential isn't production.

You have something to post to back this up? I don't expect a response as usual, but this is absolutely cowardly even for you to post something like this
isn't that the consensus about what happened to the guy? speculation is allowed in the cool kids club, but I can't infer what everybody else was supposed to from the official story being that the goofball player "fell before reaching his Uber after a sponsored team late dinner." the team made a point to "wink wink, nudge nudge, d'y'know what I mean?" him under his own bus right away in their press about it. he hasn't been able to stick to a line since. I can't prove the Earth round in a paragraph of text, either. let's all type more about me being a shameful coward for posting well after a loss. direct your bitterness elsewhere. discuss it or move on, but bullying is tarnishing the bullies, not their target(s).

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
think about a line that plays together where one player is +25, another is +20, a third is +2. think about what that means. I shouldn't have to explain it.

quickly? I have not been dazzled by goals enough to be distracted from poor overall play over the past few seasons. potential isn't production.

isn't that the consensus about what happened to the guy? speculation is allowed in the cool kids club, but I can't infer what everybody else was supposed to from the official story being that the goofball player "fell before reaching his Uber after a sponsored team late dinner." the team made a point to "wink wink, nudge nudge, d'y'know what I mean?" him under his own bus right away in their press about it. he hasn't been able to stick to a line since. I can't prove the Earth round in a paragraph of text, either. let's all type more about me being a shameful coward for posting well after a loss. direct your bitterness elsewhere. discuss it or move on, but bullying is tarnishing the bullies, not their target(s).

All bullshit aside about you being so persecuted, do you have a link to support your post? Claiming to be bullied when your post is challenged is really weak. Grow up

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'd rather have a 50% Pasta in a low scoring series than the alternatives at 100%. He needs to be put back on the line that got the B's here. Those guys have insane chemistry and he should be able to at least muster up some offense from being consistently back with his boys. Chemistry is something this coach doesn't appreciate enough, though, and it has shown in the post season when it comes to tinkering with lines. Just go with the obvious, don't get too clever, and let things fall into place.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Nobody is bullying you. Jesus f***ing Christ. Get a grip.

You’re being questioned because you’re constantly posting nonsense opinions as if they’re fact and you’re never able to back them up with anything tangible so you talk down to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad