Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
some of you all get nasty when the team loses. disagree, agree, just try to be nice to fellow passionate fans. I try to post about other individual members here in a positive manner if at all. if my post needs a word taken out, okay. get worked up about something other than me. do you think Pastrnak>Backes>Heinen>Acciari is the ideal right-wing depth chart for tonight?

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
think about a line that plays together where one player is +25, another is +20, a third is +2. think about what that means. I shouldn't have to explain it.

quickly? I have not been dazzled by goals enough to be distracted from poor overall play over the past few seasons. potential isn't production.

isn't that the consensus about what happened to the guy? speculation is allowed in the cool kids club, but I can't infer what everybody else was supposed to from the official story being that the goofball player "fell before reaching his Uber after a sponsored team late dinner." the team made a point to "wink wink, nudge nudge, d'y'know what I mean?" him under his own bus right away in their press about it. he hasn't been able to stick to a line since. I can't prove the Earth round in a paragraph of text, either. let's all type more about me being a shameful coward for posting well after a loss. direct your bitterness elsewhere. discuss it or move on, but bullying is tarnishing the bullies, not their target(s).
So please, post a link where this story has been told. I truly missed it- no sarcasm here, I promise. I would like to read it, if you could post it, please. Thanks.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
think about a line that plays together where one player is +25, another is +20, a third is +2. think about what that means. I shouldn't have to explain it.

quickly? I have not been dazzled by goals enough to be distracted from poor overall play over the past few seasons. potential isn't production.

isn't that the consensus about what happened to the guy? speculation is allowed in the cool kids club, but I can't infer what everybody else was supposed to from the official story being that the goofball player "fell before reaching his Uber after a sponsored team late dinner." the team made a point to "wink wink, nudge nudge, d'y'know what I mean?" him under his own bus right away in their press about it. he hasn't been able to stick to a line since. I can't prove the Earth round in a paragraph of text, either. let's all type more about me being a shameful coward for posting well after a loss. direct your bitterness elsewhere. discuss it or move on, but bullying is tarnishing the bullies, not their target(s).
No way.....the Earth is round????

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
All bull**** aside about you being so persecuted, do you have a link to support your post? Claiming to be bullied when your post is challenged is really weak. Grow up
The poster does this every time people disagree.

The only good thing about it the last two times it happened it was in threads the poster started and the mods shut it down.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The poster does this every time people disagree.

The only good thing about it the last two times it happened it was in threads the poster started and the mods shut it down.

I've noticed. Like I always say, anyone who freaks out and cries about getting "bullied" on this forum brings it on themselves 100% of the time. Post garbage expect to get challenged and yes, attacked if it's ridiculous enough.

Here's the Golden Rule:

If you want to be "edgy" or "go against the grain" or post something that "the cool kids don't agree with" :shakehead then you damn well better be prepared to backup what you post or Shut The f*** Up

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I've noticed. Like I always say, anyone who freaks out and cries about getting "bullied" on this forum brings it on themselves 100% of the time. Post garbage expect to get challenged and yes, attacked if it's ridiculous enough.

Here's the Golden Rule:

If you want to be "edgy" or "go against the grain" or post something that "the cool kids don't agree with" :shakehead then you damn well better be prepared to backup what you post or Shut The **** Up
Oh hell, we all fight with one another in various threads.

I just want proof that Pasta pulled a John Graham and is now responsible for Bergy and Brad polishing up their golf clubs instead of getting ready to play in the third series.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I just want proof that Pasta pulled a John Graham and is now responsible for Bergy and Brad polishing up their golf clubs instead of getting ready to play in the third series.

That's exactly what I asked for and I believe it's against site rules to post crap like that without something to back it up

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I don't care about this. It's the whining: "I'm being picked on!" "They're bullying me mommy" card that this poster and a few others pull out when they have nothing to backup what they posted

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
That's exactly what I asked for and I believe it's against site rules to post crap like that without something to back it up
I agree. We were always told it was considered gossip and possibly defamation of character without a link or an approved insider's post from the media. I don't know if the rules changed since my absence, but I sure want to see this article where the team winked winked about Pasta's face or thumb planting the curb after a late dinner.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Anybody else think that pasta has no feeling in his hands? I'm wondering if he's getting his thumb shot up for pain
Was thinking either he's wearing a cast or he he's got post concussion issues,nothing else explains what we're seeing.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Was thinking either he's wearing a cast or he he's got post concussion issues,nothing else explains what we're seeing.
the only thing I'm seeing that's different than regular pasta is his handling skills/feel. I don't think it's a concussion and that's why I think his thumb is numb to the point he can't feel the puck

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I don't think that armchair doctoring is very useful here. Hockey players have peaks and valleys without it having anything to do with injuries or attitude. Even with that in mind, he's second in points for the Bruins in these playoffs. That's pretty good when he's shooting under his career baseline.

You take the good with the bad with every player, and right now Marchand is the only player who has better offensive numbers than Pastrnak on probably the lowest scoring team left in the playoff. It doesn't mean that he is immune from criticism, but I do find the takes here to be a little over the top.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He scored a goal on a one timer tonight.

The awful turnover was a result of him looking for his pass on the PP. Its NHL not pee wee these guys often take for granted that the puck isn't going to leave their stick and its rubber on ice sometimes it does. Hes got 2 goals in 4 games.

And that was a fluke play I'd be more concerned about the PP turnovers that weren't really flukes and giving up 2 on 1s or breakaways so much. Question is who do you take off it to put McAvoy on it?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I don't think that armchair doctoring is very useful here. Hockey players have peaks and valleys without it having anything to do with injuries or attitude. Even with that in mind, he's second in points for the Bruins in these playoffs. That's pretty good when he's shooting under his career baseline.

You take the good with the bad with every player, and right now Marchand is the only player who has better offensive numbers than Pastrnak on probably the lowest scoring team left in the playoff. It doesn't mean that he is immune from criticism, but I do find the takes here to be a little over the top.
Actually Boston scores more than 3 teams currently left and is less than 0.2 behind 3 other teams.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Pasta has taken a beating this series for sure. The whiffed shots are what is most concerning to me. He's out there throwing hits too, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. It could be the thumb, but I think it's mental with him. He's fighting some demons right now. He's hearing footsteps from some big BJ players.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Pasta has taken a beating this series for sure. The whiffed shots are what is most concerning to me. He's out there throwing hits too, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. It could be the thumb, but I think it's mental with him. He's fighting some demons right now. He's hearing footsteps from some big BJ players.
Except he tried to shoot a puck he lost 3 feet back,I've never seen that before.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Actually Boston scores more than 3 teams currently left and is less than 0.2 behind 3 other teams.

I can't argue with stats, although I would say that by most statistical Bruins were a rather mediocre offensive team considering how good they were overall. There's really no margin left to sacrifice offensive potential.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Anybody else think that pasta has no feeling in his hands? I'm wondering if he's getting his thumb shot up for pain

The hand surgery/injury is absolutely impacting him feeling the puck. I've never seen someone lose the puck off their stick so much and not realize it... especially one of the best players in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad