Recalled/Assigned: Dave Bolland to the AHL for a conditioning stint, Grimaldi recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It is kind of crazy that Bolland makes almost $4m more per season than MacKenzie. And MacKenzie was only signed for three years, whilst Bolland was signed for five! :help:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He has barely played with Smith. He started the season with Trocheck.

out of that list, Boyes was his best RW, which incidentally, the best DB has looked was when he was with Jokinen and Boyes as his wingers.

But i speak more in terms to his offensive production.

Hayes was awful in the DZone as well to be honest. Shaw is looking good but thats a new linemate too.

he got his contract from his time in Chicago. Anyone expecting 15 to 20 goals was because he hit those numbers in Chicago, with much better linemates.

Whoops, got Tro and Smith confused.

Even then, I still stand by my comment that Bolland isn't doing enough himself this year.

I can't find anything on his time in Chicago, in terms of linemates, on Google. Maybe Blackhawkswincups can chime in about that.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Not an excuse, but, off the top of their heads, who were Bolland's linemates in Chicago? I know, Google, but maybe someone knows?

But i guarantee his mates were better than what he was given now and since he began here.

He looks completely disinterested and lazy on the ice. Who he plays with won't change that.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

Even then, I still stand by my comment that Bolland isn't doing enough himself this year.

I can't find anything on his time in Chicago, in terms of linemates, on Google. Maybe Blackhawkswincups can chime in about that.

If I remember correctly, I think he spent time with Ladd and Brouwer, maybe Versteeg in 2010. In 2013 I think he played with Frolik and Stalberg.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He looks completely disinterested and lazy on the ice. Who he plays with won't change that.

Like i said, its no excuse, but if i were a player and you only stick me with turds (Jokinen isnt a turd), then you would get disgruntled.

I wouldnt be happy playing with big22 either, but it goes both ways. He does need to play better to earn better linemates I guess, but dont expect high goal totals. His wingers wont generate that.

EstConf96*

Grimaldi's biggest problem is he is all over the ice and terrible in the defensive zone. Positionally he has a ton of work to do

In my opinion he is most likely not good enough for NHL hockey and we should use him in a package trade while there still is value. Shrimps like him are very unlikely to make it and even less in todays NHL.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Also Booth trade which was the one time I truly hated him. But in Tallon we trust, came out smelling like roses on that one.

Also bringing guys into his office Day #1 and finding out once and for all Horton has no spine. Dealt him off the team to get him out of the room as he was not a leader and never going to be one for us. Bjugstad is selected with that draft pick.

Ballard trade was pretty good too.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL

He had a mix of linemates that were good offensively and good defensively. Havlat, Ladd, and Bolland was probably the best line Bolland played on because of how good their chemistry was and how good they were offensively and defensively.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
In my opinion he is most likely not good enough for NHL hockey and we should use him in a package trade while there still is value. Shrimps like him are very unlikely to make it and even less in todays NHL.

It's much more of a speed/skill game now than it used to be, so he's coming into the league at the right time for a player like him. I'm not sure why you think he's such an awful player with no potential. Last season especially he showed flashes of brilliance, though they were usually followed by long periods of subpar play. I don't see why he can't be a contributing NHL-er with a little more time in the AHL.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

He has speed so he can cover a lot of ground.

The question is, does he have the skill and the hockey sense to make use of it because there is a very small window for you to do something with the puck. And does his offensive skill offset his defensive deficiency.

He is almost like a smaller, faster Pirri, though not as good of a shot.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

The question is, does he have the skill and the hockey sense to make use of it because there is a very small window for you to do something with the puck. And does his offensive skill offset his defensive deficiency.

He's like a smaller, quicker Trocheck, though not as good offensively and isn't effective fighting for pucks along the boards.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

The reason I think he has a good chance to succeed is that he's got a tremendous work ethic. He always seems to be the first guy on the ice/last guy off and is the type of guy that puts 110% of his effort into whatever he's doing. I think a season of bottom-six hockey would do wonders for a guy like him, just like it did for St. Louis in Calgary. And his skillset (other than shot) is much better than Pirri's.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The reason I think he has a good chance to succeed is that he's got a tremendous work ethic. He always seems to be the first guy on the ice/last guy off and is the type of guy that puts 110% of his effort into whatever he's doing. I think a season of bottom-six hockey would do wonders for a guy like him, just like it did for St. Louis in Calgary. And his skillset (other than shot) is much better than Pirri's.

Unfortunately, we need more players that can shoot like Pirri though. If grimaldi doesn't fill that void, and he isnt better than anyone in our top 6, then his place isnt here (and i am not high on him taking Jagr's place. Not in a million years).

Pirri, though he seems to be improving, is a necessity right now and in the future unless he is upgraded. We need shooters.

EstConf96*

I invite everyone to remember or look up how MSL started his pro career.

Did you just compare a future HoF:er with Grimaldi? Both being Shrimps does not make them comparable. Grimaldi is not even close in terms of skill compared to MSL. I rather use Grimaldi in a package trade for help now while his value is still there.

MSL also managed to stick in NHL early unlike Grimaldi being in AHL with nothing special to show for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
He was fine defensively but has not done anything on offense. Hopefully when he comes back on the 27th he produces (playing columbus should help)

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Unfortunately, we need more players that can shoot like Pirri though. If grimaldi doesn't fill that void, and he isnt better than anyone in our top 6, then his place isnt here (and i am not high on him taking Jagr's place. Not in a million years).

Pirri, though he seems to be improving, is a necessity right now and in the future unless he is upgraded. We need shooters.

I really would have liked to see him with Barkov and Huberdeau just to get an idea of what he can bring to a line with two high IQ players, but oh well. A Crouse-Bjugstad-Grimaldi line seems like it would work, with two big guys who can crash the net and create space for a smaller, skilled guy like Grimaldi. We'll see how he continues to adapt to the pro game and if that's possible. They're certainly giving him every opportunity to earn a permanent spot.

I don't think Pirri has a future in Florida since he doesn't do much other than shoot the puck well, but I'm willing to wait until the end of the season to see how he progresses. His defensive game is better, and he does look faster than he was earlier in the season. I think they like Grimaldi more than Pirri.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Did you just compare a future HoF:er with Grimaldi? Both being Shrimps does not make them comparable. Grimaldi is not even close in terms of skill compared to MSL. I rather use Grimaldi in a package trade for help now while his value is still there.

MSL also managed to stick in NHL early unlike Grimaldi being in AHL with nothing special to show for.

St. Louis spent four years in college and a little over two seasons in the minors (~150 games between the IHL/AHL) before securing a full-time NHL spot. It's not like he walked into the NHL and had a spot on a top line right away. He had to earn it and was given the time to do so. Grimaldi still has time before the team should move on from him.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I really would have liked to see him with Barkov and Huberdeau just to get an idea of what he can bring to a line with two high IQ players, but oh well. A Crouse-Bjugstad-Grimaldi line seems like it would work, with two big guys who can crash the net and create space for a smaller, skilled guy like Grimaldi. We'll see how he continues to adapt to the pro game and if that's possible. They're certainly giving him every opportunity to earn a permanent spot.

I don't think Pirri has a future in Florida since he doesn't do much other than shoot the puck well, but I'm willing to wait until the end of the season to see how he progresses. His defensive game is better, and he does look faster than he was earlier in the season. I think they like Grimaldi more than Pirri.
I know I complain about Huby, but how would you like to be in Philly with what's going on with Voracek. The guy has 2 goals in 31 games this year after they just signed him longterm for $8.2M. I don't feel so bad about Pirri after reading that. I will guaranty you that Huby's agent is going to ask for big bucks and he will be traded because I can't see them placating him and his agent.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I know I complain about Huby, but how would you like to be in Philly with what's going on with Voracek. The guy has 2 goals in 31 games this year after they just signed him longterm for $8.2M. I don't feel so bad about Pirri after reading that.

I'm not exactly going to complain about Philadephia's misfortune. :laugh::laugh:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
St. Louis spent four years in college and a little over two seasons in the minors (~150 games between the IHL/AHL) before securing a full-time NHL spot. It's not like he walked into the NHL and had a spot on a top line right away. He had to earn it and was given the time to do so. Grimaldi still has time before the team should move on from him.

This guy gets it.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

Nope. None of this except for MSL managing to stick in the NHL.

EstConf96*

Nope. None of this except for MSL managing to stick in the NHL.

You think Grimaldi has the same talent as MSL.. Okej? 64 games 14 goals 28 assist total of 42 points in AHL last year is something special to show for? Okej.. If he works out i will eat my crowe i just hope you do the same if he do not.

Also your opinions are not facts don't present them as such. Come with counter arguments to support your claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad