Recalled/Assigned: Dave Bolland to the AHL for a conditioning stint, Grimaldi recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I have no problem scratching him or sending him down for a stint under normal circumstances, but half our forwards are sick or injured.

Wtf is the point of doing it at a time like this
?

But why not? Having him here isn't going to win us games is it? He has been invisible this year, not bad not good just not apparent, which in turn means he's been awful (it makes sense in my head). So why not just say eff it and run with the kids. Give them a few no pressure games and see what they can do with it. Then when everyone comes back it will all click and we'll all be happy and in the playoffs.... :grinch:

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I don't think Tallon should be fired....at worst he's competent, which is far superior than the **** show that GMed team from 1997 till 2011.

EstConf96*

I don't think Tallon should be fired....at worst he's competent, which is far superior than the **** show that GMed team from 1997 till 2011.

So you do not think there are other just as or more competent out there? His time is up unless he makes the playloffs this year.. That is clear as day.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

Argument invalid. The grass is always greener on the other side. Always.

ZamBroni

Dec 15, 2014
Ft. Lauderdale

Sure but we were historically bad in the 2000's. Literally anyone would do a better job than our former management.

ZamBroni

Dec 15, 2014
Ft. Lauderdale
Don't get me wrong, Tallon isn't awful but he's left a lot to be desired and I don't trust him to take this team to the next level. He's not a particularly good drafter (has he hit on anyone from the second round on?) and the actual good picks he's made have all been no brainers in Ekblad and Barkov (I'll give him a little bit of credit for picking Barkov over Jones but still...). He hasn't been very good in FA either. In a very important off season for our team where we had plenty of cap space he decides to sign Bolland and Thorton. Two awful signing.

We need someone to take us to the next level, someone that utilizes advanced analytics preferably.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Don't get me wrong, Tallon isn't awful but he's left a lot to be desired and I don't trust him to take this team to the next level. He's not a particularly good drafter (has he hit on anyone from the second round on?) and the actual good picks he's made have all been no brainers in Ekblad and Barkov (I'll give him a little bit of credit for picking Barkov over Jones but still...). He hasn't been very good in FA either. In a very important off season for our team where we had plenty of cap space he decides to sign Bolland and Thorton. Two awful signing.

We need someone to take us to the next level, someone that utilizes advanced analytics preferably.

I disagree with most of what you posted regarding his drafting. Barkov was almost universally regarded as a riskier pick than Jones and even Drouin. I'm not sure how many would have picked him, and that risk is definitely paying off. Outside of the top 15 or so prospects, your GM has very little knowledge of the players in the draft. Rounds 2-7 fall to your scouting department. But Trocheck was definitely a hit and it's probably too early to evaluate the others but there are some promising players in the system.

ZamBroni

Dec 15, 2014
Ft. Lauderdale
I disagree with most of what you posted regarding his drafting. Barkov was almost universally regarded as a riskier pick than Jones and even Drouin. I'm not sure how many would have picked him, and that risk is definitely paying off. Outside of the top 15 or so prospects, your GM has very little knowledge of the players in the draft. Rounds 2-7 fall to your scouting department. But Trocheck was definitely a hit and it's probably too early to evaluate the others but there are some promising players in the system.

Yeah Trocheck was definitely a nice pick. Outside of Matheson though I don't think any of our prospects have much upside. I don't see any prospect as a future top 6 forward or a top 4 defensemen.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Yeah Trocheck was definitely a nice pick. Outside of Matheson though I don't think any of our prospects have much upside. I don't see any prospect as a future top 6 forward or a top 4 defensemen.

McCoshen definitely has the potential, and I'd say Grimaldi has top six ability, though he may not reach that level. Too early to say for the 2015 draft picks and probably the 2014 ones as well. If we want to count him, I think Crouse at worst is a #3LW and most likely becomes a top six forward.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i didnt say he hasn't done anything good, i was just responding to only have 1 screw up. he's had a couple.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
i didnt say he hasn't done anything good, i was just responding to only have 1 screw up. he's had a couple.
There was a rumor the owners had to quash the Lecavalier trade. Tallon is a shopaholic and big spender of OPM if given the latitude.

I don't think any one of the guys he acquired initially ever earned their contract (except maybe Kopecky and Weaver), but he had a minimum cap to reach and this was not a destination for the better players. Quite a few padded their retirement off coming to Florida. Such is the dilemma of trying to rebuild a franchise sinking without a life vest for so long. It's getting there, but this was no 5 year rebuild.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad