Recalled/Assigned: Dave Bolland to the AHL for a conditioning stint, Grimaldi recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
We should throw a pool party at his house in Royal Palm Yacht Club in Boca while he can enjoy Portland.

As a SSO our subsidy of the 5.5M should pay off. A pool party is the least he could do.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Off ice issue ? Or Injury related ? Hmmmmmmmm. Some weird stuff playing out with him this year. The healthy stratches now this. Falling out of Tallons and Gallants graces ??

One quote from the start of season which sticks into my mind was Tallon say something to the effect of "He's buying to the the fitness plan." Which to me was a pretty big red flag, now sent down to do conditioning seems related.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
One quote from the start of season which sticks into my mind was Tallon say something to the effect of "He's buying to the the fitness plan." Which to me was a pretty big red flag, now sent down to do conditioning seems related.

I thought I remembered them saying he was finally healthy enough to work out this summer and came into camp in great shape.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Bolland has come to camp in, "the best shape of HIS life". Doesn't mean he came to camp in good shape.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
hahahahaha

What in the world! This will go down as the worst free agent signing in the history of this organization. In an organization filled blunders, this is near the top.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Return of Jussi J, center for hire.

He is surprisingly decent at faceoffs when he's taken them. He's at 47.4% this year, just behind every other regular center except for Bolland. Not a terrible choice, unless for some reason they want to bring up Kyle Rau. They're lucky they're close to their AHL team right now, closer anyway.

Would love to know what's really going on, cause if he's really in the dog house, it's a hell of a time to choose to sit him with these injuries. Make no mistake, I don't like him as a player on this team, but push comes to shove, I'd rather him here healthy than Thornton any day.

EDIT: And apparently it's Grimaldi. Oy, don't make him player center, please. I just can't see him working as a center in the NHL, he can be pushed off the puck too easily.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Ah.. where are the Bolland fan club ;) While it sucks for our team with the wasted money and does feel good to be proven right on this matter as I've fought about how bad Bolland is for couple years now. If it wasnt for Potvin pumping Bolland tires the one or two times per game he did something right and not saying a word the 10 times hes totally lost

PS.. I really hope I'm wrong and he comes roaring back and becomes that two-way 20 goal scorer stud he was supposed to be.. Just don't see it happening

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
I'm not diggin this one bit.

but just throwing this out there because no one here really knows what is going on but he could have been dealing with an undisclosed injury that has hampered him from playing 100%. This forum is full of speculation but everyone seems to be quick to point out the negatives. Gallant and Tallon could be taking responsibility and letting someone else take his spot until he is 100%.

It's not the end of the world guys.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I dont know how anyone didn't see this coming.

Im not a bolland hater. He has just been awful for 3 years. Injuries excuses whatever. He isnt the player he once was. period.

All the team did was give him every opportunity to justify one of the worst contracts ever and he failed. repeatedly. Could write a thesis on it.

Since we are still married to this signing, still hope beyone hope there is a miracle comeback.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Jagr still out with flu from practice. Probably why Grimaldi was recalled

854298135.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad