Ansar Khan: Datsyuk said he wants to sign extension with Wings

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd be happy with anything. Ten million a year for all I care. He's one of the most creative and entertaining players to ever play, and that's priceless for me.

It also helps I don't write the checks.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I'd be happy with anything. Ten million a year for all I care. He's one of the most creative and entertaining players to ever play, and that's priceless for me.

I understand what you're saying. He's my favorite player. And the most enjoyable player to watch on a gamely basis. I always want more though. It's great that he averages 1 point per game, is the best 2 way player in the league and dazzles us non stop. If he's getting 10 mil he needs to score 40 goals a year and 90-100 points IMO.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Would he take a discount? I know he didnt really last time, but its obvious hes staying because he wants another cup. if he took a bit less, we could have more money to play with in getting him a winger.

Edit: i suppose cap space isnt as big an issue as roster space with this team, but by god, you dont sign pavel daysyuk for 2-4 more years and not try everything to win a cup in that time. The lidstrom effect.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

It also helps I don't write the checks.

How I see it too. I cannot imagine a Wings team without him over the next 3-5 yrs, probably not worth watching as far as pure entertainment. I've said several times that he alone is worth the price of admission.

Holland shouldn't quibble. Since the last contract, one Cup, another almost Cup (thanks, Gary), some Selkes, Lady Byngs, and a guy who makes everyone's list of top goal(s) of the year. Yet scoring is only part of the value he brings when he's on the ice. It also helps the team's image to have such a world class act on the roster.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Would he take a discount? I know he didnt really last time, but its obvious hes staying because he wants another cup. if he took a bit less, we could have more money to play with in getting him a winger.

Edit: i suppose cap space isnt as big an issue as roster space with this team, but by god, you dont sign pavel daysyuk for 2-4 more years and not try everything to win a cup in that time. The lidstrom effect.

It's an interesting question. Depends how he feels about his finances and how important getting more talent on the team is to him. We don't often think this way, but... A few extra million goes a lonnnnnnnngggg way to your grandkids grandkids.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
iynCsXZR3nUrq.gif

This is fantastic news, looks like he wants to hang around for a couple more years.

The chances of 13 hitting the rafters just improved, especially if he will signs like a three to four year extension.

chuck.gif

Good news....when he signs

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Oh hell yes. My biggest fear is evaporated. July 5th can't come soon enough. Good on ya Dats :handclap: show the youngins how to win it all please.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
It's an interesting question. Depends how he feels about his finances and how important getting more talent on the team is to him. We don't often think this way, but... A few extra million goes a lonnnnnnnngggg way to your grandkids grandkids.

"Word. Money is money is money, and hes in a rare position, as a pro athlete, to provide for his family for decades to come.

i wouldnt insult datsyuk by lowballing him if it were up to me. But theres only so much cake to go around. And it would just be a cool thing to see the guy playing for the team and not the paycheck."

Fawned Townsend Beasley as he carressed his framed Yzerman and Lidstrom pictures.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
That's just great. 3+ years and let Dats himself decide how much money :laugh:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I wonder what number Datsyuk is going to put in front of all of those zeroes when Holland pushes that check across the table.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I wonder what number Datsyuk is going to put in front of all of those zeroes when Holland pushes that check across the table.

That's the only question there is left.

How much does a guy like him get paid? Let's assume he maintains Selke level defensive play, puts up about 65-80 points a year. What's that worth these days?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That's the only question there is left.

How much does a guy like him get paid? Let's assume he maintains Selke level defensive play, puts up about 65-80 points a year. What's that worth these days?

8 million. Perry/Getzlaf cash, just shorter term.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
8 million. Perry/Getzlaf cash, just shorter term.

That's what he's worth on the open market, perhaps a little more. But given his age and no desire to play anywhere else. It should be anywhere from 6.7- 7.5M max. Just mho. He could do the Wings a big favor and just ask for 6M but I doubt his agent and the NHLPA would let that stand. Datsyuk is in a different situation than those guys. I wouldn't begrudge Pavel is he wanted more than that. But he knows after his new 2 or 3 year deal is finished. He can go back to Russia and make 5-7M easily a year.

r7carlson24

Mar 15, 2013
2 or 3 years at $6,083,333 per year. The same cap hit as Hank.

Just a guess. He is a team guy, buy I'd have no issue paying more than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad