Ansar Khan: Datsyuk said he wants to sign extension with Wings

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
datsyuk.0_standard_352.0.gif

More of this! Except with the Leafs next year lol.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
really think that this year convinced him into staying here a bit longer. future looks a lot better than it did at this point last year. and like babcock said, this was the most fun team he has had in a few years. gotta imagine that helped datsyuk's decision that much easier

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Pavel's smarts will allow him to play into his 40's if he wants to. Few more years with Detroit, couple of seasons in Russia.

His quote about not reading into his comment about playing in Russia seems to imply that he may stay here more than 2 seasons.

Aug 6, 2012
First I thought he was done after next season now it looks like it could be 3 seasons+. Gonna have to temper my expectations though.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I'd love that but I don't think it gets the job done.

3 years 24 mil or 4 years 30 mil, but honestly if I were KH I'd pretty much give Pavel whatever he wanted.

Why so high, if he's currently at 6.7 mil? Are we expecting the cap to rise?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
He should have used this situation as bargaining, like "Kenny get me a right-handed sniper and a big guy that creates space and i'll re-sign beyond next season"

He could, but that's not Pavel.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why so high, if he's currently at 6.7 mil? Are we expecting the cap to rise?

Look at what the other star players are making and keep in mind he can get 10 million tax free at home, see no reason why Datsyuk isn't in for a raise unless he specifically requests somebody and takes the paycut out of pocket for the guy. If Getzlaf is getting 8.25 how much under that is Datsyuk coming. I think he makes 8 million a year on a three year deal, if it goes to four maybe he takes a shade under that completely agree with 3 X 24 or 4 X 30.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
remember when people blasted holland for signing datsyuk to a long term deal back in 05? man how times have changed...

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Look at what the other star players are making and keep in mind he can get 10 million tax free at home, see no reason why Datsyuk isn't in for a raise unless he specifically requests somebody and takes the paycut out of pocket for the guy. If Getzlaf is getting 8.25 how much under that is Datsyuk coming. I think he makes 8 million a year on a three year deal, if it goes to four maybe he takes a shade under that completely agree with 3 X 24 or 4 X 30.

But he's a bit older than Getzlaf - so do we front-load it then based on the assumption that his production will decline over the course of the contract? He'd be 39 or 40 by the time one of those two deals expire. Or is there no benefit to doing so?

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
tumblr_m0bgevoWjh1qegfxh.gif

He should have used this situation as bargaining, like "Kenny get me a right-handed sniper and a big guy that creates space and i'll re-sign beyond next season"

Kenny agrees.

Gives him Samuelsson and Bertuzzi.

88885843.jpg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Datsyuk just posted this to his Facebook: "I look forward to playing here for many years to come."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00