Post-Game Talk: Dast Axel Jonsson Djallby and Dabulous Martin Dehervary take on the Anaheim Ducks 10:07 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Cool cool cool I just signed Eller to my fantasy team as a stop-gap measure.

upload_2021-11-16_15-47-32.gif

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Where has there been anything posted to indicate COVID might be the issue with Eller?

IMO he's seemed very unemotional and detached, even after scoring. I wonder if something else is up...

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Where has there been anything posted to indicate COVID might be the issue with Eller?

IMO he's seemed very unemotional and detached, even after scoring. I wonder if something else is up...

Because the Caps were seen wearing masks at the Honda Center, which doesn't require you to wear masks (and state/local jurisdiction?). But it was said to be out of caution on the Caps part? I don't know if anyone knows.

FWIW, Sam Pell said that Lavi was supposed to provide an update on Eller after morning skate, but then Lavi didn't.

If it was COVID related, I'm sure that they would have just came right out and said so.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

Conjecture from Sam Pell:

Lavi used this phrases like ‘working through some things in the room’ a lot last year regarding COVID issues (including Sammy and Kuzy), and Samantha suggests the Caps have been wearing masks as a precaution at times they usually don’t.

Reactions: tenken00

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
If it was COVID related, I'm sure that they would have just came right out and said so.

Given what’s happening in the league (see: Ottawa), it wouldn’t surprise me if the Caps didn’t want to announce possible covid cases until they’re conclusively determined. Wouldn’t surprise me if either Lars had symptoms but no positive test, or no symptoms and an inconclusive test, but we’ll see.

Reactions: tenken00

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Or, they're just wearing masks because of the outbreak in the league, and the Eller thing is something else.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Interesting. A lot of injuries this year already. Could be bad luck, or could be age catching up. Who knows?

Backstrom is becoming a major worry for me. I think its possible that we dont see him. Oshie got hit with the puck. Not worried. Eller seems to have been hurt since the end of last season. Caution lights flashing there. Dowd isnt that old and I cant imagine them inking him if he had already proved fragile. Mantha isn't old but a shoulder injury can kill a career. Remember Fehr? Its not the old Verizon groin though.

Backstrom, though.....

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
I'm expecting Nick 'sometime' after the olympics.... but I'm not specifying what Olympics. I'm just in a frame of mind that when he gets back, then he'll be back.

Mantha gets hurt in the 2nd period of the FL game and the next AM(!) the Caps announce that he has had surgery, and is going to be out 'indefinitely'. Folks with more familiarity with shoulder issues than me (one separation, 42 year ago) can speculate on what that means...

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
You really would hate to be that one guy in Hershey who doesn’t get called up sometime this season.

Malenstyn
Protas
Pilon
McMichael
Leason
AJF
Lapierre (albeit from the CHL)
Fucale…

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland

I'm just wondering at what point NHL will nhl treat covid as any other sickness. Because it's not going anywhere and will circulate in population. It just seems silly that if you have no symptoms and you feel well you have to sit out even then. I'm by no means against any of this stuff, just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad