Post-Game Talk: Dast Axel Jonsson Djallby and Dabulous Martin Dehervary take on the Anaheim Ducks 10:07 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
You should check-out Anaheim gdt if u want to read a preview, some dude just went ham there on it. Good info there on ducks too. It's hard to follow NHL live from where i live and almost impossible when it comes to western teams.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Also, Caps-Ducks games get weirdly heated. Not sure what that's about, but should be a lot of fun.

Anaheim had a lot of big players playing on the edge and where the stars (Getzlaf, Perry and later on Kesler) of the team played hard back against Ovi so it often got heated. Not that many of the stars in the league that can play Ovi hard without just getting easily outmatched, but Perry and Getzlaf often could.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Looking forward to this one - Caps are my Eastern Conference team and Ovi's my favourite current player.

Also, Caps-Ducks games get weirdly heated. Not sure what that's about, but should be a lot of fun.

The Ducks are a dirty, heavy hockey team as a rule. Getzlaf and Perry for years. The Caps are a heavy, Tom Wilson team. The Ducks in the west not be used to a team showing up to challenge them at their own game.

Reactions: Neil Racki

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Anaheim had a lot of big players playing on the edge and where the stars (Getzlaf, Perry and later on Kesler) of the team played hard back against Ovi so it often got heated. Not that many of the stars in the league that can play Ovi hard without just getting easily outmatched, but Perry and Getzlaf often could.

Those games were always heavy. I remember people used to refer to the Caps as playing an Anaheim/Western Conference type of style even not that long ago.

And then there was the feisty game a few years ago where Hathaway spat on Gudbranson.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
The Ducks are a dirty, heavy hockey team as a rule. Getzlaf and Perry for years. The Caps are a heavy, Tom Wilson team. The Ducks in the west not be used to a team showing up to challenge them at their own game.

Not contending that we used to be like that, but we're too small to be dirty and heavy these days. :laugh:

Depending on who you ask, we're missing a lot of physicality from our forwards.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not contending that we used to be like that, but we're too small to be dirty and heavy these days. :laugh:

You appeared to be asking about why the games historically get chippy. Will this one get chippy? Thats an entirely different story.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010

Caps aren't really a heavy type team now either. We're about 20% through the season and we haven't even had a fight yet!

(poor @RandyHolt)

Last edited:

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Will be interesting to see if Pilon plays RW4 in place of Leason tonight. Assume Protas will center 4th line and Dowd will stay on IR. If we activate him, we’ll have 24 players and someone will need to go back home.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Caps aren't really a heavy type team now either. We're about 20% through the season and we haven't even had a fight yet!

(poor @RandyHolt)

I am not sure I would use that fighting thing as an indicator of anything other than the Caps forward bunch have been fairly severely impacted by injuries. Their 2 primary fighters, Wilson and Hathaway, have to much TOI responsibility to accept any fight except for the most critical need. Add that Oshie is out and who is there to fight? No question that Dillon and Chara being gone takes down the possibilities but I think with a healthy lineup there will be some action.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I am not sure I would use that fighting thing as an indicator of anything other than the Caps forward bunch have been fairly severely impacted by injuries. Their 2 primary fighters, Wilson and Hathaway, have to much TOI responsibility to accept any fight except for the most critical need. Add that Oshie is out and who is there to fight? No question that Dillon and Chara being gone takes down the possibilities but I think with a healthy lineup there will be some action.

Well, there really has been no need to fight anyways. We've been playing well on the scoreboard against teams. And we've never been blown out in a laugher. *knock on wood*

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I strangely don’t miss the fighting. I love a physical game and I think fighting has it’s place. But this current brand of hockey is exciting to watch and is yielding good results. I think plenty of guys would be willing to drop them if needed but nobody looking for it either.

Did you see Chara throw down last night on the opening face off? We don’t have that but fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad