Dark Side Of The Ring season 4

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Had no idea about the Austin/Chris Adam’s/wives storyline. Learn something new everyday.

Weird seeing Austin in that type of storyline.

Reactions: Brodeur

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Had no idea about the Austin/Chris Adam’s/wives storyline. Learn something new everyday.

Weird seeing Austin in that type of storyline.

Finally got around to watching that episode a few days ago. Definitely funny hearing Adams' daughter explain it, something to the effect of "As a kid I'm watching my dad and my step-mom step into the ring to fight my mom and my step-dad."

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and CDJ

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
The Sandman episode was great.

I was always fan of the Sandman... I had no idea that he used to have a gimmick where he wore a wet suit and carried a surfboard to the ring.

I LOL'ed when he said that Paul Heyman said "yeah that surfboard is getting broken over your head".

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
The Sandman episode was great.

I was always fan of the Sandman... I had no idea that he used to have a gimmick where he wore a wet suit and carried a surfboard to the ring.

I LOL'ed when he said that Paul Heyman said "yeah that surfboard is getting broken over your head".
Go back and watch some ECW prior to them going Extreme. Sandman was a surfer as you said and Taz was actually like a feral Tasmanian devil man before his MMA gimmick. there's probably more I cant think of.

much more in line with gimmicks in WWF and WCW in the early 90s

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Go back and watch some ECW prior to them going Extreme. Sandman was a surfer as you said and Taz was actually like a feral Tasmanian devil man before his MMA gimmick. there's probably more I cant think of.

The Sandman that I can remember is the last version of himself. Carrying the kendo stick and wearing whatever tf he wanted to the ring.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Tommy Dreamer was a pretty boy like Marcus Bagwell - prior to the Buff gimmick change

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Watched the Sensational Sherri and Brutus Beefcake episodes. Both were fine but probably not ones I'd go out of my way to rewatch.

Also a trailer for their upcoming four part series on the death of WCW. Probably won't be any new info for most of us, but I'll still give it a watch. Awhile back wrestling came up during conversation with a younger coworker who said he only watched WCW as a kid and stopped following wrestling when Nitro got the axe. He might find this series interesting since he was too young to understand/care about the business side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad