Dark Side Of The Ring season 4

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I laughed when Bischoff said "this is where the compulsive part of the term compulsive liar comes out"

Yup.... that was pure entertainment :laugh:

I could be wrong but I think Cornette called Russo the dumbest person to ever live or something like that
I think it's incredibly likely that Russo outlives Cornette, but if not I'd like to see if he makes good on the portion of his living about going to Vince Russo's gravesite to piss on it

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think it's incredibly likely that Russo outlives Cornette, but if not I'd like to see if he makes good on the portion of his living about going to Vince Russo's gravesite to piss on it

Dedbatable, unless he has a health issue I'm unaware of I'd say its 50/50 who goes first.

TBH I thought Cornette was in his late 60s/early 70s but I just found out hes the same age as Russo, always thought he had at least a decade on him.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Dedbatable, unless he has a health issue I'm unaware of I'd say its 50/50 who goes first.

TBH I thought Cornette was in his late 60s/early 70s but I just found out hes the same age as Russo, always thought he had at least a decade on him.

Yeah Russo is actually 8 months older than Corny

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone watch Wrestlers on Netflix? Based on Ohio Valley Wrestling.

Started to, but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll start it over and give it another chance, but to me it just seems to be a last ditch effort to promote a once prominent development company.

Seems to be getting real good reviews from the none wrestling world.

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Anyone watch Wrestlers on Netflix? Based on Ohio Valley Wrestling.

Started to, but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll start it over and give it another chance, but to me it just seems to be a last ditch effort to promote a once prominent development company.

Seems to be getting real good reviews from the none wrestling world.
Just finished it, I enjoyed it. Al Snow’s heart is really in that promotion, he’s obviously not doing it for the money. They’re lucky they have an owner with deep pockets that has been running the company at a loss. Hopefully this documentary helps them out and gets them some more viewers.

Reactions: joestevens29

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Someone mentioned Scott Hall and that would be a good episode for Season 5. How about one on Dixie Carter and TNA - some wrestlers thought she was great, others a complete disaster. Maybe she played a major role in TNA not reaching its full potential as a legit rival to WWE...at least not on the level of AEW. Could make for a lighter version of the Dark Side of the Ring

Jeff Hardy might be an interesting episode although it might be a bit difficult getting interviews given he is still wrestling. I remember hearing about his main event bout against Sting years ago for a PPV and he came to the ring completely wasted. Sting had to signal to the back that Hardy couldn't compete and they had to schedule an impromptu match with some other wrestler. Just a complete disaster. So much wasted potential with Hardy. He would have likely had a few runs with the WWE championship if he managed to stay clean.

Any potential for episodes on ECW stars besides Mike Awesome, like ones covering Spicoli, Sabu, the Sandman? Maybe all of them in one episode or just a focus on ECW's penchant for violence that likely played a role in wrestlers having to resort to painkillers?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Jeff Hardy might be an interesting episode although it might be a bit difficult getting interviews given he is still wrestling. I remember hearing about his main event bout against Sting years ago for a PPV and he came to the ring completely wasted. Sting had to signal to the back that Hardy couldn't compete and they had to schedule an impromptu match with some other wrestler. Just a complete disaster. So much wasted potential with Hardy. He would have likely had a few runs with the WWE championship if he managed to stay clean.
Actually the Sting vs Jeff " Please Give Me Another Chance " Hardy match did happen at the TNA Victory Road 2011 PPV. The match itself took less than 90 seconds and how this incident did not end Hardy's career is a mystery to me. :dunno:

Reactions: blueandgoldguy

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't see what was very mysterious at all. I mean I'll probably watch, but I honestly don't know what else there could be to the story at this point.

Reactions: Voight

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Maybe it's more for the casual fan? My coworker isn't a wrestling fan nowadays but he preferred WCW over WWE back in the day. WCW going away for him was like a random show getting cancelled out of the blue. He wasn't aware of all the behind the scenes stuff when I tried to explain it to him many years later. Granted he was probably 10-12 years old when WCW went out of business.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
That's an episode I've always wanted them to do but if his widow doesn't want it done then I'm not going to complain.

I've always though a Perry Saturn episode would be interesting but he's maybe not willing to do it.

Reactions: Brodeur

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I laughed when Bischoff said "this is where the compulsive part of the term compulsive liar comes out"

Yup.... that was pure entertainment :laugh:

I could be wrong but I think Cornette called Russo the dumbest person to ever live or something like that
You don't need dsotr for that. Just check out some cornette videos lol. Anytime Russo or Kevin Dunn come up is pure entertainment.

Cornette did a screwjob q and a years prior which was even better

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Watched the Earthquake episode yesterday. Was different than most episodes as while it was tragic he died so early a lot was said about how nice of a human he was.

Timing of his cancer coming back was sad to hear, but getting to know John Tenta the human was quite nice. His wife being a 4'11'' filipino was pretty funny to see when they showed pictures together.

Was just nice to hear that him and Fred(Typhoon) were just two normal guys on the road that didn't partake in the partying like so many others did.

Haku seeing the Shockmaster video for the first time was a beauty to watch too, lol.

Why they have a week break between episodes now is quite odd though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Enjoyed the John Tenta episode. Small nitpick, but maybe would have included that Roddy Piper WCW open challenge when he showed up unexpectedly and got a pretty good reaction despite being away for awhile.

I don't know why I expected otherwise, but Jerry Sags was more well-spoken than anticipated.

Also had no idea John Tenta briefly had the Evenflow ripoff theme that would later go to Chris Jericho.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tenta was a great guy from all accounts, interesting background with the sumo stint in Japan, and sadly died too young. I just don't see why any of it qualifies for an episode of this series. Doesn't fit tonally, and not remarkable enough to show the "dark side" of wrestling .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad