Dreger: Darcy Kuemper will test free agency

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
If he had been stellar in the playoffs they'd have a lot more reason to keep him at $6m. Clearly not worth it though based on his play.
For the Av's its what ever, they should be the top dog now for at least couple season even with avg goaltending. But the fact is that Kuemper went there and delivered... He has to get paid 6+ and he might be worth even more now. Im definitely NOT a fan of Kuemper, but I think he has grown to be a top tier goalie for season 2022-2023.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't follow Chris Johnston, with me being in the US. On what basis is he going by that Kuemper is showing sentiment towards signing with the Caps?!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What's his age?

Would he consider a low year high aav contract?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think Buffalo gets a guy like Comrie for more expensive than you would think. I would sign there to try to secure the bag if I were him.

Washington. Edmonton. Toronto.

If you want to win. Toronto is clearly the besf
Constructed team but the worst division

Edmonton plays in a weak division. So there is the chance to win there… but you know … Edmonton is cold

Washington has the worst team but not dealing with Canada could be good.

Kuemper. Campbell. Murray. Talbot? Hill/kakkonen. Comrie. Mayyybe Gibson or Samsonov?

Really not sure…. I think if I had tongues.

Washington. Kuemper
Edmonton. Campnell

Toronto tries to go with a young tandem?
With a bought out murrat.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
What's his age?

Would he consider a low year high aav contract?

He's 32. I would think he's looking for his last big contract (ex. most # of years). I doubt he's interested in anything less than 4 years.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
For the Av's its what ever, they should be the top dog now for at least couple season even with avg goaltending. But the fact is that Kuemper went there and delivered... He has to get paid 6+ and he might be worth even more now. Im definitely NOT a fan of Kuemper, but I think he has grown to be a top tier goalie for season 2022-2023.

AVs would have still won with backup Franc in net. Kuemper has the better career, but recent play doesn’t deserve the Grub contract.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
AVs would have still won with backup Franc in net. Kuemper has the better career, but recent play doesn’t deserve the Grub contract.
You make Franky sound like a plug .The guy was 6-0 in the cup run with a better save % than DK , he came in and took the last 2 from the Preds then swept the Coilers hardly a plug .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I think the Leafs' best bet is making a big offer for Varly with 500k retained, and trading Holl and a 3rd for Blackwood.

Edmonton would be happy with Kuemper at 6.5M, I think.
Holl and a 3rd for Blackwood?

Seems more than a bit wishful.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
You make Franky sound like a plug .The guy was 6-0 in the cup run with a better save % than DK , he came in and took the last 2 from the Preds then swept the Coilers hardly a plug .

It's not my intent, Franc has the shorter career and more of an unknown. In a backup role, he was either equal or better than the starter. DK and Grub were known entities. I believe the AVs would have won with Franc (not a knock on ability).

It's not my intent, Franc has the shorter career and more of an unknown. In a backup role, he was either equal or better than the starter. DK and Grub were known entities. I believe the AVs would have won with Franc (not a knock on ability), but more of high salary demand by DK to have the same result.

Reactions: cannucky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad