Confirmed with Link: Adam Engström signs 3 year ELC

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
We have so many defs with potential. We will need time to sort out which one we keep before making a trade. Not sure which way they will go next season. But im expecting something like that

NHL
Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Barron
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Harris-Kovacevic

AHL
Hutson-Reinbacher
Struble-Engstrom
Galipeau- (signed FA)

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Habs have a shit ton of defensemen signed.

Matheson
Savard
Guhle
Xhekaj
Barron
Struble
Harris
Kovacevic
Mailloux
Reinbacher
Hutson
Engstrom
Trudeau
Some will be traded to get different shinies. Should be at least 2 of them, but HuGo has done some stupid stuff over the last year (no vet goalie in the AHL to star the year last season for example) so who knows what will really happen.

Also, while people in here are all "Engstrom to the AHL", I wouldn't be surprised if he made the NHL as the 6thD/3rd pair RD.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Laval is going to be insane next year IF the can add 2 big AHL producer up front.

Hutson-Reinbacher
Struble-Mailloux
Engstrom-Bisson

Guhle-Harris
Matheson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Kovacevic

Reactions: Rozz

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Laval is going to be insane next year IF the can add 2 big AHL producer up front.

Hutson-Reinbacher
Struble-Mailloux
Engstrom-Bisson

Guhle-Harris
Matheson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Kovacevic
Don't think Mailloux spend the whole year in Laval. Also i think they'll trade Kova eventually before the deadline. Harris might be on his way out if he doesn't show sign of progression in the first half too.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I went to see the Rocket at the end of the season against Springfield and the experience was great. I really enjoy following the kids this year in Laval but next year could a whole new level of fun with all the skills coming in!

Missing another 2 high end forwards prospect IMO, Maybe Demidov? Kapanen would also help alot.

Dobes

Hutson
Reinbacher
Struble
Mailloux
Engstrom

Beck
Roy
Mesar
Tuch
Xhekaj
Farrell
Heineman

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
More Ds than we have spots on both Habs and Rocket. Pretty bad for development.

Will they just loan him to the SHL?

That isn't true though.

We currently have 10 D under contract with 3 RFAs. Even if we sign all 3 (Norlinder is a ?), we would be at 13 which is not enough for both the NHL and AHL.

You want around 16 D planned for the NHL/AHL, ideally with at least 1 or 2 more in TR.

Reactions: Shutdown

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
I haven't been following him as much as the others, whats his best case scenario ceiling?

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Hutson-Reinbacher
Struble-Mailloux
Engstrom-Bisson

Guhle-Harris
Matheson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Kovacevic
My feeling is that one or two of our “big 3 (LH, DR, LM) will start in Mtl. Can’t see them all being AHL’rs in a season where we will have to groom our team to become a winning club instead of a “go out there and have fun” club.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs have a shit ton of defensemen signed.

Matheson
Savard
Guhle
Xhekaj
Barron
Struble
Harris
Kovacevic
Mailloux
Reinbacher
Hutson
Engstrom
Trudeau

The best part? All but 3 of them are 23 and younger.
13 guys................just wow.
Our D is so thick, and beyond crowded, something has to help us get some scoring..........has to.

Great news on Engstrom, you almost forget the kids we have on the other side of the pond.

Reactions: FrankMTL

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Is there any betting site that offers the bet on either Habs pick a F or a D ? I'd like to bet my house and my kidney on which position Habs will draft.

Reactions: EveryDay

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
13 guys................just wow.
Our D is so thick, and beyond crowded, something has to help us get some scoring..........has to.

Great news on Engstrom, you almost forget the kids we have on the other side of the pond.
That's why I don't want us to draft any defenceman in the 1st round this year.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Nice to see him signed. I expect we'll see at least one defencemen moved this offseason to make room for the proper development spots for the more promising guys we want to keep longer term. Having players competing for spots is good, but it looks pretty jammed up now.

It seems clear that our drafting focus will be on forwards this year.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Is there any betting site that offers the bet on either Habs pick a F or a D ? I'd like to bet my house and my kidney on which position Habs will draft.
If you only have one kidney left, that's one hell of a wager my man....straight degenerate!!!! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad