Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
2 goals doesn't turn a prospect to a star. Take a breath. Still a prospect.
It's a hockey forum where we discuss hockey and specifically prospects. People are going to be excited when he gets his 5th point in 4 games this year.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
May have been wrong here. Loved the first goal last night with the drive to the net and thought he was solid in his limited ice time. Still say we need grit and size up front but when healthy X-Backes-Heinen is potentially a very good third line.

Ideally with Backes as number 3 center you can move Spooner for a 3LW with that size and grit to play with Backes and Heinen.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
May have been wrong here. Loved the first goal last night with the drive to the net and thought he was solid in his limited ice time. Still say we need grit and size up front but when healthy X-Backes-Heinen is potentially a very good third line.

Ideally with Backes as number 3 center you can move Spooner for a 3LW with that size and grit to play with Backes and Heinen.
I actually agree with you for once X-Backes-Heinen is who I would put as my 3rd line when Krejci is back. Not sure who we bring in for the 3rd line wing though. Vatrano is my first thought but he hasn't proven nearly enough so far.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I actually agree with you for once X-Backes-Heinen is who I would put as my 3rd line when Krejci is back. Not sure who we bring in for the 3rd line wing though. Vatrano is my first thought but he hasn't proven nearly enough so far.

I’d love to see Cehlarik there. Big body and can protect but also has good vision and playmaking ability.

Reactions: Sevendust

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I’d love to see Cehlarik there. Big body and can protect but also has good vision and playmaking ability.
Maybe I'm getting too caught up in age, but that is a lot of young guys in there. Ideally we bring in more of a vet get from outside the organization, but if Cehlarik is ready I could see that line dominating.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Maybe I'm getting too caught up in age, but that is a lot of young guys in there. Ideally we bring in more of a vet get from outside the organization, but if Cehlarik is ready I could see that line dominating.

I honestly forget Cehlarik is only 22 years old. While young, he does have 3 years of SHL hockey under his belt on top of a year at the AHL. He's been pretty dominant at the AHL level this year (granted short sample size). I think he's ready, in the general sense. However, it seems he's dealing with some surgery effects (what was it, shoulder?) so maybe he's not really ready for the full grind of the NHL on that basis.

BruinsNetwork

Incredible how when Heinen shows what the haters and non-believers were asking for, they double down in him "not being a star."

Didn't see anyone calling him a star either. Played in a role where he is getting less than 9:00TOI and still remains productive, I think that should silence some unwarranted comments about his potential.

The 1st goal was an absolute "goal-scorers" goal. He set the play up in the neutral zone (while on the PK, mind you) and then set it up in the offensive zone after gaining the line. After that, he didn't skip beat, Backes through on net, and Heinen scored a beauty of a goal, with his extremely soft hands in close. I can tell by the comments of the non-believers in this thread that they haven't watched much of Heinen when he played for Denver.

Bottom line? The kid is a top-6 forward in the making. That's his potential in which he is developing towards nicely.

Also on the subject of Cehlarik since I saw it mentioned here, he IS indeed NHL ready. He's a big body and dominates the playing field in the AHL. He also has a step above other players as he was playing against men in Sweden as teenager. Just like Heinen, Cehlarik is an up and coming, developing top-6 forward as well. Currently, he can contribute anywhere in a top-9 but don't be fooled by his versatility, he's got legit top-6 forward potential. It won't be long until you see him.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Hopefully he will slot in statistically between Pavel & Valeri

Still can't believe Valeri married DJ Tanner

I was a Lori Laughlin guy myself

Absolutely on the Lori Laughlin part. She still looks great at 53. I'd absolutely risk asking my wife if I could take her out on a date if she were interested

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

If kuraly/schaller are on 4th line one of them can center and that frees nash for rw duty

Nash/backes/heinen should be pretty solid defenisvely and if heinen scores at a 15 goal/30 point pace i think theres enough offense here too

But i still prefer spooner get tryout with krejci/pastrnak... moving debrusk onto line with backes/kuraly and nash/accari/schaller on 4th line

I think heinen is still behind bjork and debrusk for a top 9 role and i still think kuraly and accari are important for bottom 6...

Cant have too many kids

Heinen has passed vatrano on depth chat imho

Right now id say the kid wingers that play top 9 are ranked

1 bjork
2 debrusk
3 heinen
4 celherik
5 agostino
6 vatrano
7 senshyn

Since marchand, pastrnak, backes arent going anywhere i only see room for 3 of these 7 guys to become contributors in boston

Heinen to me still feels like trade bait... but the better he plays the better his value goes up.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Both of Heinen's goals last night were impressive. First one was some very nice touch and skill while getting to the right spot. Second goal I absolutely loved. Bs need more players doing what Heinen did on that second goal. The pass he made to Nash was also very slick and could have easily resulted in a goal had Nash done more with the puck. Heinen made the most of his TOI.

As for Cehlarik, for whatever reason I am extremely high on him. I thought he showed outstanding stuff last season. Just seemed to be snake bitten in the goal scoring category. He's going to be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad