Danrik's GM Game - News, Rumors and Trade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Toronto & Pittsburgh GM is itching to make a deal or two and is willing to part with:

Leafs
Doug Weight
Dimitri Afanasenkov
Patrik Stefan
Rob Blake
Eric Brewer
Pasi Nurminen
John Grahame

Penguins
Pavel Demitra
Milan Kraft
Richard Jackman
Marc-Andre Fleury

I'll listen to any offer (as long as it isn't like the Gilmour FOR Leeman deal of a few years back) PM me if you're interested...

Last edited:

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
The Blue Jackets have announced their new Captain: Newcomer ED JOVANOVSKI. No explanation needed. Assistants will be Rick Nash, Geoff Sanderson, and Scott Lachance.

Jon Burke

The Carolina Hurricanes completed a major deal that will no doubt agree with some fans, but not agree with others. They moved youngsters Eric Staal and Radim Vrbata, plus their first round pick (8th overall) to the Dallas Stars for center Jason Arnott, right winger Bill Guerin and $4 million (to pay for Guerin's salary).

"We're thrilled with this deal," said general manager Danrik. "Both Jason and Bill are great veteran players who have great speed and heavy shots. They will be great additions to this team in terms of their leadership and grit. Jason is a proven playoff player and we're thrilled to get both these guys."

"We really felt that we have a nice mix of young guys, and now with the additions of Roberts, Hinote, Guerin and Arnott we have the right mix of veteran guys with experience to take us to the next level."

"We are very sad to see Radim and Eric go, and we wish them all the best in the Stars organization."

Jon Burke

The Carolina Hurricanes are pleased to announce that they have re-signed goaltender David Aebischer to a 3 year, $6.7 million contract. The terms are as follows:

1st yr: $2 M (pay increase of nearly $1.5 M)
2nd yr: $2.2 M ($250K raise)
3rd yr: $2.5 M ($300K raise)

In other moves, the Hurricanes have decided to release Jaroslav Svoboda. He no longer really fits into their plans, and no else seems interested in acquiring him. He will now be available for anyone who is interested to pick up on June 20th.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
The Carolina Hurricanes completed a major deal that will no doubt agree with some fans, but not agree with others. They moved youngsters Eric Staal and Radim Vrbata, plus their first round pick (8th overall) to the Dallas Stars for center Jason Arnott, right winger Bill Guerin and $4 million (to pay for Guerin's salary).

wow.. what a deal.
IMO DAL wins this one - CAR over payed for a couple of overrated players.

and I saw this (Danrik understands) cuz CAR & TOR have talked about those same players they sent to DAL... IMO the offers I have sent were much better :D - in Danrik's defense, the players I was offering were different types of players, different positions, etc...

anyway... DAL wins this deal IMO, but a nice good ole BIG multi-player deal (my favm if no-one's noticed yet?!@?!)

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
rinkrat13 said:
wow.. what a deal.

and I saw this (Danrik understands) cuz CAR & TOR have talked about those same players they sent to DAL... IMO the offers I have sent were much better :D - in Danrik's defense, the players I was offering were different types of players, different positions, etc...

anyway... DAL wins this deal IMO, but a nice good ole BIG multi-player deal (my favm if no-one's noticed yet?!@?!)

i agree. Big deals are the way to go in a mock league. I just cant seem to peice one together. :banghead:

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
wow.. what a deal.

I think that this deal is actually quite good for both teams. I get a pair of big power forwards with great wheels and big shots. These guys can churn out the offense and give me a very nice top six. Not to mention, Arnott is a good playoff player. And I only have to pay about $5 million for Guerin, which I'd consider somewhat of a bargain. I realize I gave up a lot of young talent, but I feel that this was the best offer for me and makes me a significantly better team right now. Of course, Dallas could easily be laughing their heads off at me five years down the road if Staal, Vrbata and the guy they draft with the 8th overall become stars.

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
The Florida Panthers are currently taking offers for some of their depth players if the right deal is on the table, namely Pavel Trnka, Filip Novak, Vaclav Nedorost and maybe Kristian Kudroc. All are currently signed to reasonable contracts.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
News out of Calgary:

With the recent acquistion of Theo Fleury and another first round draft pick the fans and the managemnt have brought back the face of the franchise and more options for the future.

The Flames would like to add another draft pick before the free agency opens. They will make Toni Lydman and their 4th round draft pick available for any takers. The Flames are looking for another first round draft pick. :yo:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers just want to make it know that John LeClair and Tony Amonte are very available to anyone who wants them, myabe some young teams looking for some veterans to help lead the way, and I'm willing to eat some salary as well.

Flyers and Kings also looking for some more Day 1 picks.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Buffalo angered by actions of Zhitnik

The Buffalo Sabres have officially come to lagerheads with Unrestricted free Agent defenseman Alexei Zhitnik. After having negotiated in good faith for a new 4 year contract, the contract remains unsigned by Zhitnik. Through his agent, we have been informed that Zhitnik will not be signing the contract, and intends to become an UFA on June 20.

When asked to comment, his agent stated that, due to a lack of free agents, and all the excess cap space with various teams, he wants to try and cash in on some of that money.

The Sabres have officially pulled the original offer off the table, and are awaiting word from Zhitnik's agent regarding the offer.

In other Sabre news, the following contracts have been signed for the upcoming season:

C Daniel Briere has come to terms on a 3 year, 7.9 M contract, paying him 2.1 M, 2.5M and 2.9M, with a club option of 3.5M for year 4.

more signings will be added before the midnight deadline to this reply.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Goaltenders Pasi Nurminen & John Grahame are on the block

Looking for top 3 ronders (in '04 entry draft) and/or prospects
PM me your offers...

Jon Burke

The Bruins are pleased to announce the re-signings of Doug Doull and Darren Van Oene to one year, $500K contracts. The Bruins know that such signings are minor, but it is GM Danrik's mantra that you need depth to go deep in the playoffs, and as such, they are happy to have these two under contract.

The Bruins are also pleased to announce that they have packaged pending free agent center Michael Nylander to the Thrashers for prospects Brad Schell and Libor Ustrnul. It is believed that one of Boston's many young centers - Patrice Bergeron, Brad Boyes, Andy Hilbert and Sergei Zinovjev - will take over Nylander's second line center spot. "We really feel it's time to give some of the kids a chance," said Danrik. "We have some great young centers, and we're looking forward to seeing them play in camp."

The Bruins also have apparently given up their search for a head coach, but one has to question the reliability of the rumors, seeing as it was Bruce Garrioch who reported it. :eek:

Jon Burke

The Hurricanes are pleased to announce that they have hired Rick Ley as an assistant coach to round out their coaching staff. Ley has previously worked in the organization (if my memory serves me well) and gives Laviolette an experienced assistant coach.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Rumors are coming out of pheonix that they are looking to move anyone to improve their team. Lw Nagy and D Morris are expected to receive the most interest, but anyone is available, except for maybe matt cooke ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad