Danrik's GM Game - News, Rumors and Trade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
dwaynester said:
We have received final league approval, and now the Washington Capitals are honoured to introduce the newest member of our franchise:

GOALTENDER ROBERTO LUONGO

We have sent Olaf Kolzig, Brendan Witt, our first round pick this year and our second round pick next year to the Florida Panthers for the future of our franchise.

We have offered Mr. Luongo a 4 year, 20 million dollar contract, and are awaiting word on his acceptance. We feel that our franchise needed a center force, and Mr. Luongo will be it. We are paying 2/3 of Mr. Kolzig's salary, and we are sad to see both players go, but we must think of the future, and our future starts from the net out. We have spoken with Brent Johnson, and he understands his role as a back-up this season. He is in favour, he just wants to win games.

WOW...
For Luongo, you gave Ovechkin, Kolzig, Witt, 2nd rnd in '05, few mil $$$. ??????

Congrats to Florida!!! Ovechkin is the "Future"

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
did what I had to do

Sorry, but this team is pathetic. Needs to be completely torn apart and rebuilt.

The perfect challenge, considering I have over $30 mill in cap space remaining now.

Luongo will sign for 4 or 5 years, and now I save over $2 mil on Kolzig, even though he is gone. Witt just re-signed for 2.5 this year, so I have that cap space as well.

As for Ovetchkin, the time is now, not two or three years from now. My fans demand a winner now, as I am having a season ticket holders revolt due to poor play.

My goaltending is secured for the next 5 to 7 years....need to build out from there. Trying to pick up 3 or 4 new defensemen. I could have as many as 12 new faces in my re-vamped lineup next season. Also, I have a major surprise coming the first day of free agency. I have signed a player to a tryout contract, and his name will shock the hockey world. I have his captains jersey ready for the start of the season, and he will lead us towards the promise land.

Thats is all I can say, because free agency doesnt start for another 5 days.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Anaheim rumored to be wanting to move Mike Leclerc in a deal for a mid first round draft pick. They're also looking to move up 1-4 spots in the draft(from 9th overall).

Also looking to move Holmqvist, Schastlivy, and/or McDonald for draft choices.

PM about all offers.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Because of Niedermayer's uncertainty in the current real NHL environment, he is currently available for trade, but it will be really, really REALLY, REALLY expensive (due to the face that I've already signed him to a long term contract).

He is specifically looking at Vancouver.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Washington Scuttlebutt

The Washington Capitals, looking to get stronger now, have made enquiries into the availability of Miroslav Satan and Daniel Briere in Buffalo. In addition, they are taking a very hard look at the free agent market, especially all the unsigned UFA's.

Speaking of which, who is left....has anyone updated the UFA board recently. We have 4 days until free agency begins, and what will those rules be????

Jon Burke

dwaynester said:
We have received final league approval, and now the Washington Capitals are honoured to introduce the newest member of our franchise:

GOALTENDER ROBERTO LUONGO

We have sent Olaf Kolzig, Brendan Witt, our first round pick this year and our second round pick next year to the Florida Panthers for the future of our franchise.

We have offered Mr. Luongo a 4 year, 20 million dollar contract, and are awaiting word on his acceptance. We feel that our franchise needed a center force, and Mr. Luongo will be it. We are paying 2/3 of Mr. Kolzig's salary, and we are sad to see both players go, but we must think of the future, and our future starts from the net out. We have spoken with Brent Johnson, and he understands his role as a back-up this season. He is in favour, he just wants to win games.

The contract has the league's approval, if Mr. Luongo is willing to accept it. BTW, free agency begins June 20th, not June 15th as originally set up. The commish, in part of a fiendish plot to annoy you, pushed back the free agency date ;)

Jon Burke

The Carolina Hurricanes are looking at possibly moving any of their three first round draft picks. They would be willing to package them if it got them a good player, a higher pick or more picks. PM me with any and all offers.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
is anyone in the market for a goalie?
The Leafs are looking to deal John Grahame & Pasi Nurminen - looking for under 28 NHLers (the key word here is NHLers, guys that are playing now) gritty/goal scorers.

other players up for grabs (in bold is what I'd like in return):

First line RW
Doug Weight
Rob Blake
Paul Kariya

Top 4 D
Patrik Stefan
Raffi Torres

PM your offers - and alsways remember I'm ready to deal anyone if the deal is right)
Thanks

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
The Penguins are feilding offers for Marc-Andre Fleury
other players on the block, Ramzi Abid, Milan Kraft, Dick Tarnstrom & Pavel Demitra

Please PM your offers. Thanks.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
Re: The Calgary Flames are looking to add first round draft picks, aside from their 2nd, 4th, 6th overall the Flames are impressed by some of the other notable late first rounders, they are looking to add picks to grab these guys.

Jon Burke

The Hurricanes would like to make it known that they are willing to significantly change their team if they get a good offer. They are willing to move youngsters such as Radim Vrbata or Eric Staal or veterans Jeff O'Neill and Kevin Weekes, but only if the deal makes sense for them. The Hurricanes would like to add some more veterans with winning experience to their lineup as they feel they have plenty of good young players, but need to sprinkle in some more veterans. They still are looking for that illusive power play QB, and hope by making more valuable assets available they can get one.

Jon Burke

The Carolina Hurricanes have made a fairly major deal, moving goaltender Kevin Weekes, left winger Ryan Bayda and New Jersey's first round pick to the Colorado Avalanche for goaltender David Aebischer, left winger Gary Roberts and right winger Dan Hinote.

Perhaps the most important part of this deal was that it brought back Roberts, who enjoyed a three year stint in Carolina from 1997-2000. "I'm happy to be back here," said Roberts in an interview, "they have a great young team here." Carolina general manager Danrik admittedly is a "big fan of Gary" and was "thrilled" to get him in a Hurricane uniform. "This guy is a proven winner, he won a Cup back in '89 and always elevates his play in the playoffs. He brings a lot of grit, experience and leadership, and with the young team we have, that's invaluable," gushed Danrik.

Hinote may be greeted with less fanfare than Roberts, but will also be a valuable addition to the Hurricanes weak penalty kill. "With Magnus and now Dan, we have significantly upgraded our penalty killing unit in the past few days," said Danrik. Hinote also has a Cup ring, no doubt another reason why Danrik wanted him in the deal.

Aebischer is relatively inexperienced, but Danrik feels that he could be a better goalie than Weekes down the road. "This guy is a really good goalie. We're excited to add him," Danrik said.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
The Carolina Hurricanes have made a fairly major deal, moving goaltender Kevin Weekes, left winger Ryan Bayda and New Jersey's first round pick to the Colorado Avalanche for goaltender David Aebischer, left winger Gary Roberts and right winger Dan Hinote.

:eek: what a steal... (for CAR of course)
not even close IMO (and Danrik, I'm not saying this cuz I want the deal nixed.. just saying "What a steal" and "good move")

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
:eek: what a steal... (for CAR of course)
not even close IMO (and Danrik, I'm not saying this cuz I want the deal nixed.. just saying "What a steal" and "good move")

I really don't know... Roberts is getting up there in years, Hinote is just a third or fourth liner and Aebischer is unproven in the playoffs. I think it's pretty good for both sides.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
I really don't know... Roberts is getting up there in years, Hinote is just a third or fourth liner and Aebischer is unproven in the playoffs. I think it's pretty good for both sides.

:lol
OK, if you say so

Jon Burke

Seeing as Patrick, the Bruins GM, has yet to do anything with the Bruins, I am going to take over the Bruins as interim GM. If anyone else is interested in running them, they may have them, but for now, I'll run them.

The Bruins tender qualifying offers to:

Kevin Dallman
Hal Gill
Jonathan Girard
Sergei Gonchar
Ivan Huml
Colton Orr
Andrew Raycroft
Sergei Samsonov
Joe Thornton

The Bruins will not tender qualifying offers to:

Andy Delmore
Mike Gellard
Michal Grosek
Zdenek Kutlak

The Bruins announced that they would like to keep Glen Murray, Felix Potvin, Brian Rolston and Michael Nylander if they fit into their budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad