Danrik's GM Game - News, Rumors and Trade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm now encouraging offers for any one of my defenseman, except Ozolinsh and Vishnevski. So, available are Ruslan Salei, Keith Carney, Mark Popovic, and Glen Wesley. I'm looking to trade only one of them. Carney has a NTC, but, he likely would waive it for a contender and/or a team in the Pacific division(he's the hardest to get out of them all, btw).

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I would just like to say that I've created an NHL 2004 game with the entirely updated rosters using the trades and signings that have been made. I'm waiting to see what else devolps before I actually starts playing (or simming) it, but I'm looking forward to seeing who wins.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Flame_Star_Devil said:
I would just like to say that he's created an NHL 2004 game with the entirely updated rosters using the trades and signings that have been made. I'm waiting to see what else devolps before he actually starts playing (or simming) it, but I'm looking forward to seeing who wins.

Who? Danrik?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I decided to play the first game with the current rosters (without the UFA signings).

Here are the scores for the first day of the new season (understand, NHL 2004 is very high scoring, high hitting)

Day One
MTL 5 - OTT 1
NYI 4 - WSH 5
ANA 4- NSH 4
SJ 4 - EDM 2
CAR 4 - FLA 4
LA 5 - DET 4
BUF 3 - PHI 4
CAL 4 - VAN 3
CBJ 1 - ATL 4
NJ 8 - BOS 1 :)
(Shanahan - Parise - Cole had three goals and four assists)

Day Two
COL 4 - CHI 3
PHO 5 - STL 4
PIT 5 - LA 4
TB 4 - BOS 2
MIN 3 - NYR 2

Last edited:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Who? Danrik?

No me. I originally wrote the post in 3rd person and then changed it.. guess I didn't catch everything. Oops.

The only trade I'm not sure about is the Datsyuk/Zetterburg for Drury/Kalinin deal. What excatly were the terms of that deal?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Flame_Star_Devil said:
I decided to play the first game with the current rosters (without the UFA signings).

Here are the scores for the first day of the new season (understand, NHL 2004 is very high scoring, high hitting)

MTL 5 - OTT 1
NYI 4 - WSH 5
ANA 4- NSH 4
SJ 4 - EDM 2
CAR 4 - FLA 4
LA 5 - DET 4
BUF 3 - PHI 4
CAL 4 - VAN 3
CBJ 1 - ATL 4
NJ 8 - BOS 1 :)
(Shanahan - Parise - Cole had three goals and five assists)

What happened on the first day, which included something ANA vs. DAL, and two other games(forgotten by yours truly)?

BTW, you didn't happen to play the NJ-BOS game on your own, did you? ;)

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Hercules Rockefeller said:
What happened on the first day, which included something ANA vs. DAL, and two other games(forgotten by yours truly)?

BTW, you didn't happen to play the NJ-BOS game on your own, did you? ;)

NHL 2004 is impossible to keep track of. The scores just run quickly along the bottom of the screen, I must not have caught them all.

ANA is 0-1-1-0 though, so I guess you lost. It also doesn't tell me who won in OT and who didn't. That's really strange, since I know you only played one game. :dunno:

And... uh... well.... yeah....

Scorers for that game were:
Shanahan - 2G, 1A
Parise - 1G, 1A
Langenbrunner - 1G, 1A
Elias - 0G, 2A
Vasicek - 2G, 0A
Cole - 0G, 2A
Martin - 1G, 0A
Hamrlik - 0G, 1A
Stevens - 0G, 1A
Gomez - 1G, 0A
Gionta - 0G, 1A

Rolston - 1G, 0A (shorthanded) :blush:

Last edited:

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Flame_Star_Devil said:

Day One

CBJ 1 - ATL 4
Day Two
PHO 5 - STL 4

I cant beleive Pheonix actually won a game :lol. Thats sweet that youre doing that. Are you using Xbox/playstation or PC?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
nucks&flames said:
I cant beleive Pheonix actually won a game :lol. Thats sweet that youre doing that. Are you using Xbox/playstation or PC?

PC. I'ma gonna sim the whole season now....
It didn't really take too long to make all the trades.

Here are the playoff seeds - I think I forgot to drop a bunch of UFAs from their respective clubs. And Tampa didn't make the playoffs. :joker:

Eastern Conference
1. Philadelphia
2. Ottawa
3. Atlanta
4. New Jersey
5. Toronto
6. New York Islanders
7. Montreal
8. Pittsburgh

Western Conference
1. Anaheim :eek:
2. Vancouver
3. Detriot
4. Dallas
5. Colorado
6. Edmonton
7. San Jose
8. Los Angeles

Just so you know how off in terms of reality NHL 2004 is... here are the top goal scorers in the NHL.

Markus Naslund, 85 goals
Geoff Sanderson, 81 goals
Theo Fleury, 78 goals
Sergei Fedorov, 78 goals
Brian Rolston, 59 goals
The last of 34 50+ goal scorers: Richard Park, 50 goals

Last edited:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
And the playoff trees:

Quarterfinals
Pittsburgh defeats Philadelphia, 4-1
Ottawa defeats Montreal, 4-1
Islanders defeat Atlanta, 4-2
Toronto defeats New Jersey, 4-3

Anaheim is swept by LA, 4-0
Vancouver beats up on San Jose, 4-1
Detriot sweeps Edmonton, 4-0
Dallas sweeps Colorado, 4-0

Semifinals
Pittsburgh defeats Ottawa in seven, 4-3
Islanders make it to the ECF, defeating Toronto 4-3

Los Angeles defeats Vancouver, 4-3 (I forgot to remove Allison and Deadmarsh... no wonder.)
Dallas defeats Detriot, 4-1

Conference Finals
Pittsburgh sends NY packing, 4-1
Dallas defeats (finally) LA, 4-3

Stanley Cup Finals
Dallas defeats Pittsburgh, 4-1

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
sniff... Patrik Elias missed the whole season, playing only 34 games.

New Jersey's top point getters (just because I can)
Shanahan 122
Langenbrunner 99
Gomez 81
Hamrlik 79
Niedermayer 71
Parise 65
Suglobov 61
Stevens 56 (lol)
Cole 49
Martin 39
Elias 39

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Flame_Star_Devil said:
And the playoff trees:

Quarterfinals
Pittsburgh defeats Philadelphia, 4-1
Ottawa defeats Montreal, 4-1
Islanders defeat Atlanta, 4-2
Toronto defeats New Jersey, 4-3

Anaheim is swept by LA, 4-0
Vancouver beats up on San Jose, 4-1
Detriot sweeps Edmonton, 4-0
Dallas sweeps Colorado, 4-0

Semifinals
Pittsburgh defeats Ottawa in seven, 4-3
Islanders make it to the ECF, defeating Toronto 4-3

Los Angeles defeats Vancouver, 4-3 (I forgot to remove Allison and Deadmarsh... no wonder.)
Dallas defeats Detriot, 4-1

Conference Finals
Pittsburgh sends NY packing, 4-1
Dallas defeats (finally) LA, 4-3

Stanley Cup Finals
Dallas defeats Pittsburgh, 4-1

:lol:

Vancouver got screwed! Inelligable Players for L.A.It's riot time in vancity. Then again, that simming system really is out to lunch.

On to the game though, Both Pheonix and Columbus are looking for a top ten pick. Columbus would be willing to give up Dan Fritsche, Konstantin Koltsov, Marc Denis among others.

Pheonix would be willing to give up Mike Johnson, Pavel Brendl, and Maybe Keith Ballard. PM me for offers.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Flame_Star_Devil said:
I would just like to say that I've created an NHL 2004 game with the entirely updated rosters using the trades and signings that have been made. I'm waiting to see what else devolps before I actually starts playing (or simming) it, but I'm looking forward to seeing who wins.

cool idea... :D

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
info you requested

Flame_Star_Devil said:
No me. I originally wrote the post in 3rd person and then changed it.. guess I didn't catch everything. Oops.

The only trade I'm not sure about is the Datsyuk/Zetterburg for Drury/Kalinin deal. What excatly were the terms of that deal?

Datsyuk and Zetterberg to Buffalo

Drury, Kalinin and Kotalik to Detroit

Dropkick Alex

Jan 30, 2004
Amherst, New York
Flame_Star_Devil said:
sniff... Patrik Elias missed the whole season, playing only 34 games.

New Jersey's top point getters (just because I can)
Shanahan 122
Langenbrunner 99
Gomez 81
Hamrlik 79
Niedermayer 71
Parise 65
Suglobov 61
Stevens 56 (lol)
Cole 49
Martin 39
Elias 39

If you sim the season and play the season or whatever on Difficult the scoring is lower and makes more realistic stats.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Bouwmeester4 said:
If you sim the season and play the season or whatever on Difficult the scoring is lower and makes more realistic stats.

Maybe I did forget to put it on difficult... I simmed the season regardless though.
I'll do that next time around. I'm also going to turn off injuries, because they got kind of rediculious.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Flame_Star_Devil said:
PC. I'ma gonna sim the whole season now....
It didn't really take too long to make all the trades.

Here are the playoff seeds - I think I forgot to drop a bunch of UFAs from their respective clubs. And Tampa didn't make the playoffs. :joker:

Eastern Conference
1. Philadelphia
2. Ottawa
3. Atlanta
4. New Jersey
5. Toronto
6. New York Islanders
7. Montreal
8. Pittsburgh

Western Conference
1. Anaheim :eek:
2. Vancouver
3. Detriot
4. Dallas
5. Colorado
6. Edmonton
7. San Jose
8. Los Angeles

Just so you know how off in terms of reality NHL 2004 is... here are the top goal scorers in the NHL.

Markus Naslund, 85 goals
Geoff Sanderson, 81 goals
Theo Fleury, 78 goals
Sergei Fedorov, 78 goals
Brian Rolston, 59 goals
The last of 34 50+ goal scorers: Richard Park, 50 goals

I think Anaheim's ranking says it all. And, btw, ignore the playoffs, nothing to see there. ;)

Jon Burke

I'm working on a website for the GM Game. I can't guarantee that it will pan out, but if it does, it will be super basic as I am not very good at working with that sort of a thing. However, it will have a chat room, making trade talks and the draft (when we have it) much easier to do.

Hopefully that will work out and I'll get it done before long. Don't expect anything too fancy, though. :)

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
I'm working on a website for the GM Game. I can't guarantee that it will pan out, but if it does, it will be super basic as I am not very good at working with that sort of a thing. However, it will have a chat room, making trade talks and the draft (when we have it) much easier to do.

Hopefully that will work out and I'll get it done before long. Don't expect anything too fancy, though. :)

thanks, thats a great idea - no worries, it doesn't need to be a fancy flash site
:D

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
will offer whatever help i can

I dont know how to set up websites, but willing to help out if I can. This is pretty cool here, and I am really enjoying the challenge of building two franchises.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Danrik said:

What are you using to program it? I've got a bunch of experience with a couple languages... but probably nothing useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad