Danrik's GM Game - News, Rumors and Trade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
The Columbus Blue Jackets have a crowded crease, and are looking to ship out G. Marc Denis, who does not belong on the bench like he will be behind Kipprusoff. They are looking for a Top Pairing defenseman or a #1 centre

Jon Burke

The website is still very much at the beginning stages, but it's beginning to take form. Check it out if you'd like:

http://www.freewebs.com/danrik/index.htm

Let me know if anything doesn't work properly and what not. Also, if everyone else could put together team reports like how I did for Boston and Carolina and posted them here, then I could make the website much more useful (i.e. so you're not always going here to check rosters and stuff). Any suggestions about the website are certainly welcome, you can post it here, PM me or email me at my email:

[email protected]

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
looking to make a few deals in the next couple of days

The Pittsburgh Penguins are taking offers for Pavel Demitra, Teemu Selanne & Milan Kraft... looking for a top (1st or 2nd) line LW and also looking for depth on D

also, The Toronto Maple Leafs are shopping Aki Berg, Pierre Hedin, Pasi Nurminen & John Grahame... looking for a tough young RW (in the mold of Domi, Brasher and Simon - someone who can play a regular shift and drop the gloves when needed)

the players mentioned above are players I am openly shopping around and taking offers for, now that doesn't mean that no one else is available... as you all prob know by now, no-one on any of my rosters is untouchable - although the players mentioned above are the players I'd like to deal in the next few days.

please PM me your offers...

Jon Burke

I took the liberty of doing a couple team reports (Atlanta and Calgary), hope you guys don't mind. I know it's a bit nervy, but the sooner I get the information up, the sooner we can use the website.

Jon Burke

Radulov is available and the Hurricanes would like to add another defenseman. PM me if you are interested in his services.

Jagr_68

Jun 21, 2004
northern ontario
Trade?

Rangers are offering commodore, Conroy, Blackburn,Dunham, 20th or 24th pick in next draft, or also one of my 4 second round picks in order to move in the top4 in the draft.Offer me your player combination and maybe we can deal.Unfortunately, Between Sather and the ex GM, this team doesn't have too much exept for Lindros, Jagr, Holik and kasparitis.Heck, they traded the only thing they had, the 6th pick in the draft.Taking offers for any players above mentioned.

Jon Burke

It might be early, but I was thinking about whether or not we should do this again next year? Heck, if there's no season maybe this could drag on throughout the year. We could figure out some way to make it into a league of sorts I'm sure.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Mighty Ducks offer for UFA defenseman Teppo Numminen fell through, as he signed with the rival Los Angeles Kings, but they apparentley have a plan "B" on this one. Sources have told us at the OC Register that GM Hercules Rockefeller is going to bring in a player right out of left field to fill in his spot on the blueline. The player is most likely from Europe. Keep posted as details will likely be announced within the day.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Buffalo looks to make a splash in Free Agent Market

After winning the sweepstakes for both defenseman Curtis Leschyshyn and Winger Scott Young, the Buffalo Sabres are still in the hunt for some of the outstanding Free Agent talent still available.

"We will not stop signing until we are confident we have a roster capable of making the playoffs this season. Our fans have waited long enough, it is time to give them what they want" states Buffalo GM, dwaynester. "The fans of Buffalo have suffered long enough, and we are taking major steps to ensure that we will be competitive for the upcoming season."

Already picked up by the Buffalo Sabres are forwards Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, and Shaun McEachern. In addition, the Sabres have re-signed James Patrick to a one year deal.

Rumours are flying that the Sabres are looking for a playoff quality goaltender, and may be dangling Martin Biron in a trade. These rumours are unsubstantiated, but GM dwaynester wouldn't deny them. "Where did you hear that from? Why would we do that to the guy that has almost taken us to the playoffs the past 2 years, only to fall short."

Rumours have the Sabres looking at Free Agent goaltenders Chris Osgood and Tommy Salo, but also interested in picking up Marty Turco in a trade.

"We have made no attempt to acquire Turco from Dallas" dwaynester was quoted earlier today. An unnamed league GM reported that he received an offer to trade for Biron, but dwaynester again denied that this happened.

We will see how this story unfolds.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
dwaynester said:
After winning the sweepstakes for both defenseman Curtis Leschyshyn and Winger Scott Young

:lol
sorry I couldn't resist

I had no clue that Leschyshyn & Young are the pot-of-gold after the rainbow?!?!

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Washington looking to sign more players

The Washington Capitals looked worse than an AHL team at the end of the season. The existing GM was fired, and replaced by newcomer dwaynester. His job was undaunting: repair a completely destroyed lineup, and make the Capitals look good for 2004-2005.

He went right to work, and made his first major acquisition just a few days after taking the job, trading for Roberto Luongo. After cementing the goaltending position, he went out searching for defensemen. What he found was Tom Poti, Andy Delmore and Luke Richardson. Up front, he has acquired Robert Reichel, Tom Fitzgerald, Brian Holzinger, and some others just to name a few.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
BTW - when is the enrty draft gonna take place?
my understanding is that we were gonna draft (ourseleves) the first 3 rounds and let the next 6 rounds picks (the ones the "real" teams made on the weekend) stay as is.

ie. take the names that were drafted in the 3rounds on Saturday and thats the players we (in teh GM game) have to choose from in our draft.

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
BTW - when is the enrty draft gonna take place?
my understanding is that we were gonna draft (ourseleves) the first 3 rounds and let the next 6 rounds picks (the ones the "real" teams made on the weekend) stay as is.

ie. take the names that were drafted in the 3rounds on Saturday and thats the players we (in teh GM game) have to choose from in our draft.

You're right. That's how we're going to do it. I still have to put together all the draft list, and at this point, it looks like it's a week or two away from happening.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Anaheim(CP)-The Ducks came into the offseason in decent shape, but are looking stronger than ever going into next season.

First, they went into Europe and convinced retired Robert Svehla to come out and join the Ducks. He did just that, and is expected to be a huge part of the Ducks next season.

Their next signing proved they are going to contend. They signed Mark Recchi to an astronomical 5 year deal worth $22.5 million, for an average of $4.5 million per year. To seal the deal, GM Hercules Rockefeller will buy Recchi the car of his choice.

Rockefeller was criticized for signing Recchi for five years, but he thinks Recchi will do good for five years. Recchi turned down $3.5 million in Philadelphia, and obviously got more on the open market.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the signing of Recchi, this means Mike Leclerc will be traded, possibly along with Petr Schastlivy. With the addition of Svehla, Ruslan Salei is now very available. The Ducks are supposedly looking to get into first half of the first round in the draft.

Jon Burke

Hercules Rockefeller said:
With the signing of Recchi, this means Mike Leclerc will be traded, possibly along with Petr Schastlivy. With the addition of Svehla, Ruslan Salei is now very available. The Ducks are supposedly looking to get into first half of the first round in the draft.

Desibasha is the man you want to talk to then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad