Recalled/Assigned: Dano recalled, Gibbons put on waivers and sent to Springfield

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I wouldn't necessarily call someone whose played 8 games a finisher. Johansen is really the closest thing we have to a "finisher"

He clearly has the skill to be a finisher, of course he's young and hasn't proven himself here, but we've seen what Skille has to offer, I'm ready to see some fresh blood

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Looks like it'll be Tropp but I think Tropp and Boll have been pretty good recently.

One day the pacifists will get their way and we will have a roster of 23 Lady Bing candidates and we will play boring hockey and get crushed by all the teams in the west and the tough teams like the NYI in the east...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He clearly has the skill to be a finisher, of course he's young and hasn't proven himself here, but we've seen what Skille has to offer, I'm ready to see some fresh blood

That much i agree on. Skille had the potential and opportunity to prove himself, and he didn't.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
One day the pacifists will get their way and we will have a roster of 23 Lady Bing candidates and we will play boring hockey and get crushed by all the teams in the west and the tough teams like the NYI in the east...

I dont have a problem with having toughness on the team, but they have to be able to play NHL level hockey....Boll is not that player, nor is Tropp IMO.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Or the FO is letting the kids get some playing time while implicitly pushing for a tank...ha j/k. I think.

I have had that thought as well but it is more likely that they want to give him a good look after he spent some time in Springfield.

if they recall Dansk I'm all in for the tank theory.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I dont have a problem with having toughness on the team, but they have to be able to play NHL level hockey....Boll is not that player, nor is Tropp IMO.

Maybe earlier in the year you could ride his ass, but get off the dude when he's playing well. In the last 5 games, he has a goal, 2 assists a +3 rating and an epic ass kicking in the Kings game, and was the number 1 star in the Dispatch for the Flyers game and had 2 huge hits in that game

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

You get a cookie.

320px-Choc-Chip-Cookie.jpg

* * *​
Maybe earlier in the year you could ride his ass, but get off the dude when he's playing well. In the last 5 games, he has a goal, 2 assists a +3 rating and an epic ass kicking in the Kings game, and was the number 1 star in the Dispatch for the Flyers game.

The occasional bust of helpfulness, while welcome, sadly does not excuse the general trend. Not when the general trend is as ludicrously awful (by comparison) as it has been in Boll's case.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
And all the guys that played soccer growing up have to chime in....

damn man...ppl are allowed their opinions...Boll overall is not good...period...he's shown flashes but not enough for ppl to say "he deserves a spot" PERIOD

there are plenty of other players (calvert) that do it on both sides of the ice, boll will never be one of those ppl...he's not an every day player on a competing team...he's just not

Last edited:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
damn man...get your panties out of a wad...ppl are allowed their opinions...Boll overall is not good...period...he's shown flashes but not enough for ppl to say "he deserves a spot" PERIOD

there are plenty of other players (calvert) that do it on both sides of the ice, boll will never be one of those ppl...he's not an every day player on a competing team...he's just not

check out the standings, we aren't a competing team....like i have said 100 times, until we have a better option in the press box, leave him alone, he brings more to the team than people that have never played realize. he could not take a shift in a game and it would still have benefit, if you don't GET it, then let's agree to disagree.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I played soccer and hockey growing up. What's your point?

you are an exception, and I know you know what you are talking about, but most people that only play soccer don't like any kind of rough sports or fighting and they don't understand and can't wrap their head around the role of someone who's job isn't to score goals. really it's hard for anyone that hasn't played on at least a high school team to understand Boll's roll, they just look at goals and assists and want MORE goals and we'll win...it's not that simple. Look at the Detroit teams that won the cup, I'm reading Darren McCarty's book right now, and he said they didn't come together as a championship team until they brought in Joe Kocur for his second stint with the Wings out of the beer league, "he was a calming presence on the bench and in the room, and everyone played like they were a foot taller because nobody wanted to have a meeting with Mr. Kocur on the other team"

Until we are sitting the next Gretzky in the pressbox, it gets really freakin old having everyone cry that Boll should sit, when he's actually playing well and contributing!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
that is EXTREMELY shortsighted and downright offensive to stereotype like that...

I didn't play hockey b/c I was introduced to hockey with the blue jackets, I was a football, soccer, and basketball guy...to say stuff like b/c I liked soccer I hate fighting is just a highly uneducated comment.

I want players on this team that perform multiple roles, not just being a punching bag. 3 points is not performing any role. The role of the just fighter is being weeded out of the game, that DOES NOT mean that someone wants fighting out of the game, there's a place for it when the time and game dictate it. Players like Boll that can only fight (and be a swell lockerroom guy) won't be in the game much longer, its a natural evolution of the game.

to lump ppl into a category b/c they dislike what your personal favorite player does or does not bring to the table is poor debating on your side.

plenty of posters have posted very thought out reasons for Boll to sit and not play. You disagree, and that's fine, but to resort to that type of argument is insulting

if I acted that way everytime someone took a swipe at Carter...

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
And all the guys that played soccer growing up have to chime in....

Yep, played Soccer for 28 years in fact. Didn't have the means to play hockey in a city 90 minutes from the farm brother. But if you're implying I'm less of a man because of that, well by all means flex your internet guns.

Boll is simply an entertainer for the home crowd imo. He's a worse hockey player than Skille, Tropp, Dano, and Gibbons. I'm fine with his role at home games, the crowd loves it, he wears an A, and he puts butts in seats.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
if I acted that way everytime someone took a swipe at Carter...

He also deserves it.:p:

Boll is simply an entertainer for the home crowd imo. He's a worse hockey player than Skille, Tropp, Dano, and Gibbons. I'm fine with his role at home games, the crowd loves it, he wears an A, and he puts buts in seats.

I would play Boll over Skille at this point. If we're looking for a place to slot Marko, that'd be my choice.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
He also deserves it.:p:

I would play Boll over Skille at this point. If we're looking for a place to slot Marko, that'd be my choice.

Like the use "imo" in my post. These are phrases people use when expressing an opinion in a respectful conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00