Recalled/Assigned: Dano recalled, Gibbons put on waivers and sent to Springfield

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Per Elliot Friedman;

"@FriedgeHNIC: Carkner and Stalberg clear. Gibbons (CBJ) on waivers"

Shawn Mitchell: "#CBJ Brian Gibbons, on waivers, said his focus is only on return to health. "I'm just trying to get back to where I can play games again. Whatever happens, happens".

Anyone think there's a chance he doesn't clear?

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
waived to send him to springfield to get healthy...and to get back to game shape...he'll more than likely clear and play down there for a couple weeks then come back up...

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
waived to send him to springfield to get healthy...and to get back to game shape...he'll more than likely clear and play down there for a couple weeks then come back up...

Really? Murray, who wouldn't need to go on waivers, didn't go to Springfield to get healthy and back to game shape...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Really? Murray, who wouldn't need to go on waivers, didn't go to Springfield to get healthy and back to game shape...

there's a VERY distinct difference b/t Murray and Gibbons...We needed a top defenseman in the lineup right away, the defensemen were crap and he had to play up here...Gibbons is a bottom 6 player and isn't as necessary to the team...

Murray was supposed to go to Springfield for rehab but was needed right away...

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
there's a VERY distinct difference b/t Murray and Gibbons...We needed a top defenseman in the lineup right away, the defensemen were crap and he had to play up here...Gibbons is a bottom 6 player and isn't as necessary to the team...

Murray was supposed to go to Springfield for rehab but was needed right away...

Love the "was needed right away." We were, what...14 or 15 points out when he came back? Playoffs were shot.

I don't know who these "crap" defensemen were...it's been the same 6-7 guys for months now.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer

Brian Gibbons is real close to being ready to play, Richards said. He'll head to Springfield if he clears waivers tomorrow at noon. #CBJ

Place a guy on waivers and announce to the rest of the league he is ready to come back from injury. Sounds to me like they hope he gets claimed. I'm confused

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
the same group this board has been kvetching over for 4 months...

Again, the playoffs were done. No reason to rush back. I don't see why Murray was so necessary for this blue line, especially without being in top game shape.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer

Brian Gibbons is real close to being ready to play, Richards said. He'll head to Springfield if he clears waivers tomorrow at noon. #CBJ

Place a guy on waivers and announce to the rest of the league he is ready to come back from injury. Sounds to me like they hope he gets claimed. I'm confused

Kinda sounds like he hopes he gets claimed...

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
He'll clear.

UlT9pID.jpg

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
And... who recommended him to join us? So strange... it was Atkinson

imho Gibbons and JJ more playoff orientated players, they flourish in playoff.

Last edited:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Who was it again that said when Gibbons was healthy we wouldn't have to play Boll? haha. Gibbons is an AHL player, he can skate like the wind with hands of stone and doesn't add anything else to the game.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Who was it again that said when Gibbons was healthy we wouldn't have to play Boll? haha. Gibbons is an AHL player, he can skate like the wind with hands of stone and doesn't add anything else to the game.

Except, you know...playing on the penalty kill.

His Corsi and Fenwick stats are significantly better than Boll's, too. But I think he's just a worse version of Cam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad