Player Discussion Daniel Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
What happened to this guy ? He has 8 goals in 56 games, that's not bad for a bottom 6 guy costing less than 750K.

If we compare contracts, de la Rose and him are in the same situation contract wise and waivers. Is it a battle between Carr, Martinsen and de la Rose to make the team as a fourth line LW ?

Is he a career AHLer now or we underestimate him ?

He needs to play at least 24 games this year or he becomes UFA next summer.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
More of a trade chip than anything. I like the kid but the Habs have some good winger depth, especially on the left side. Plus the need is for more offensive talent, not guys that only produce by crashing the crease.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
The Habs have been a perimeter team for a long time under Therrien. We need guys willing to crash the net. I hope he gets a chance with Julien. And hopefully, he avoids the injury bug that has slowed his career.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Good heady player not afraid to muck it up in the blue paint pretty good shot but overall he's a journeyman like Joey Crabb. Better option than Terry IMO.

I'd rather have him in the system for depth and hope he doesn't get claimed going back down than take a 6th or whatever he might be worth. He's the type of kid you give another shot to when the Hemskys of the NHL falter in providing secondary offense.

In other words, he'll be playing for the Lightning in a year.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
He didn't play since that concussion he got from that dirty check from Charles-David Beaudoin. It's pretty up in the air if he can come back to be what he once was. He also had another injury after getting sent down in February and ended up with 2 points in his last 11 games before the concussion.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Good depth guy to call up if we need a fill-in, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a throw-in to a trade down the line

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'd still like to see him get a shot in a top six role. Perhaps if there are injuries he will.

He knows how to put the puck in the net.

But last year he went something like 20 or 30 games without a goal. I guess he needs top six linemates to produce.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I'd still like to see him get a shot in a top six role. Perhaps if there are injuries he will.

But last year he went something like 20 or 30 games without a goal. I guess he needs top six linemates to produce.

Yep. He is not a playmaker. He is very productive when he has someone to feed him the puck when he finds space.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
What happened to this guy ? He has 8 goals in 56 games, that's not bad for a bottom 6 guy costing less than 750K.

If we compare contracts, de la Rose and him are in the same situation contract wise and waivers. Is it a battle between Carr, Martinsen and de la Rose to make the team as a fourth line LW ?

Is he a career AHLer now or we underestimate him ?

He needs to play at least 24 games this year or he becomes UFA next summer.

I've never heard of this rule, where are you getting this from?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He is going to be 26, he's pretty much a good AHL player who can fill in for a few games in the NHL if needed.

I like the way he plays, but we have several options ahead of him how.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I've never heard of this rule, where are you getting this from?

What is a Group VI UFA?
A player who's contract is expiring and meets all of the following conditions shall become an unrestricted free agent (UFA):
The player is 25 years or older (as of June 30th of the calendar year the contract is expiring).
The player has completed 3 or more professional seasons - qualified by 11 or more professional games (for an 18/19 year old player), or 1 or more professional games (for a player aged 20 or older). This can include NHL, minor league, and European professional league seasons played while under an SPC.
The player has played less than 80 NHL games, or 28 NHL games of 30 minutes or greater for a goaltender.

https://capfriendly.com/faq

Byron Froese was a Group VI UFA. That's why we signed him even if he's 'only' 26.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

How we have so many garbage players filling our roster that can be replaced.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I remember last summer, people were penciling Carr in for 20 goals on the big club. He is AHL depth; nothing more, nothing less.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Would like to see him get a chance in the NHL somewhere. I doubt it'd be with Montreal since our depth on the wing is actually pretty good. Maybe someone claims him after training camp.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Jesus, we used to be super high on the guy. 2nd line player? Gallagher-lite? 20 goals potential? Me included. It doesnt seem like he will ever reach that potential, it's do or break for him this season. I hope he will force the team hands by outplaying De La Rose, Holland, McCarron, Martinsen...

Jul 6, 2016
Jesus, we used to be super high on the guy. 2nd line player? Gallagher-lite? 20 goals potential? Me included. It doesnt seem like he will ever reach that potential, it's do or break for him this season. I hope he will force the team hands by outplaying De La Rose, Holland, McCarron, Martinsen...

Holland is not planned to play at NHL level at the beginning of next season.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada

I like Carr but I just can't find him a spot. Still a very good depth winger for Habs but he deserves to play in the NHL, hard working goal scorer who still has 15+ goals potential imo. I think odds are high he'll be traded before the season starts. In a package or for a pick or younger prospect.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think there's some players who just have a good half season in them at the pro level and that's it. They ride on the adrenaline of the call up. I figure Carr's that. Small chance it was just a bad season and he comes back improved but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad