Player Discussion Daniel Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyMitts

Oct 1, 2016
Montréal, QC, Canada
anybody knows what the lines look like in St John right now ? something like that ?

Terry - Hudon - Andrighetto
Carr - McCarron - Scherbak
Friberg - DLR - Audette
Farnham - Eisenschmid - Grégoire
EXTRA : Matteau/MacMillan/Crisp/Broll

Barberio - Lernout
Hanley - Parisi
Samuelsson - Didier
Racine

Lindgren
Danis

offence seems legit, defense meh... not so much

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Why not? Claim them and send them down if you think nobody else will pick them up. The only negative is I believe you then go to the bottom of the list of teams for claiming rights.

If you claim a player on waivers, he needs to stay on your NHL team.

If you want to send him to the AHL, you must put him on waivers again. (see today Pulkinnen)

If no one else claims him the second time on waivers other than his original team (see Pulkinnen, Detroit)... Detroit can claim and send to their AHL team.

Waivers isn't a way to stock an AHL team... its really only if you are going to keep the guy on your NHL roster.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Once a player clears waivers, as was Ghetto's case, is it not the case that he's waiver exempt for the rest of the year since he remained with the team that held his rights at the start of the season?

He can be on the NHL roster for up to 30 days. (ie 29 or less)

Once he is on the NHL roster for the 30th day, he needs waivers to go down again.

This can be in one continuous 30 day period, or can be call him up for 16 days, send down (no waivers) call up 14 more days (now needs waivers if you want to send down again).

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Honestly Carr is not really young anymore. He's turning 25 next week. If you are not a top 12 regular by 25 your chances to make it are very very slim.

He's done here in my book. They see Flynn as a better player so he'll need to try somewhere else next season.

Only on HF. Players who play a full 4 years of college often need to adjust to the AHL pace then the NHL pace. It takes longer. I have absolutely no worries about this kid.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Carr should be playing over Flynn. We're winning now. But in time we'll need what Carr brings: secondary scoring.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Carr should be playing over Flynn. We're winning now. But in time we'll need what Carr brings: secondary scoring.

And he'll be called up and playing then again.

We're winning with our lineup as is. Carr should be in the lineup, but this is still working and it's working well right now. Carr will be back. I'd rather he play in the AHL and get some game time rather than sitting and watching from the press box. I'd rather call up someone like Farnham to be the warm body in the press box.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Its a good move but Sergachev should be playing as well. Send Sergchev to Windsor and pick a defenceman off waiver for a month until Redmond come back. Hopefully St-Johns start to win some games now....

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
anybody knows what the lines look like in St John right now ? something like that ?

Friberg - DLR - Audette

Barberio - Lernout
Hanley - Parisi
Samuelsson - Didier
Racine

Lindgren
Danis

I didn't see last nights game but the lines have been all over the place.

Hudon is never at Center though and while Eisenschmid was at center last year, he's been on the wing this year. MacMillan, Audette, McCarron, DLR are usually the centers. Scherbak has mostly been on the 3rd line. Check the AHL thread for lines.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Still scored a couple of goals.

He needs to be put in the line up.

Ghetto made a heck of a pass to set him up, granted it was good that he went to the net hard as that's his thing, he will always give you the effort and is willing to get his nose dirty plus he has some hands for sure. Just tired of them calling up guys that are getting outplayed by others on the team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Friberg - DLR - Audette

Barberio - Lernout
Hanley - Parisi
Samuelsson - Didier
Racine

Lindgren
Danis

The Ice caps should be good this year. It's about time! That defense is much better with Barberio than without that's for sure!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I still wonder what Hudon has to do to be given a real shot. 7 goals in 10 games this year is it? Carr has some nice potential so it will be interesting to see if he seizes this second chance. I think it is obvious they sent him down to get some playing time and probably save some cap space for alter in the season.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I still wonder what Hudon has to do to be given a real shot. 7 goals in 10 games this year is it? Carr has some nice potential so it will be interesting to see if he seizes this second chance. I think it is obvious they sent him down to get some playing time and probably save some cap space for alter in the season.

Hudon will be given a shot if there are injuries now Carr is a better fit

There is no room for him unless they send down lehkonen

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
So how has Carr being playing as of late? I am wondering where you guys see him and Andrighetto slotted once Lekhonen gets back from injury.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So how has Carr being playing as of late? I am wondering where you guys see him and Andrighetto slotted once Lekhonen gets back from injury.

They're all doing ok. This team is playing really good , it's tough to slot them...

Carr brings a touch of grit , Ghetto brings speed, Lehk is very good defensively ...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
They're all doing ok. This team is playing really good , it's tough to slot them...

Carr brings a touch of grit , Ghetto brings speed, Lehk is very good defensively ...

Carr...grit/goes to net/****-disturber a la Gallagher (in front of net)/garbage goals, deflections, etc,etc. (could be a good playoff forward).

Ghetto...speed demon...good shot.

Lehkonen...amazing in playoffs (Europe)...hopefully this translates well to NHL playoffs...two-way player (defensively responsible).

Hudon...two-way...great combination of grit/heart and skill...hopefully this translates well for playoffs (playoff warrior potential). I'm a fan. (I'll take Hudon-Danault-Shaw for playoffs anyday over Danault-5'5 DD-Shaw for playoffs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad