Player Discussion Daniel Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I believed he could have hit that 20 goals mark, it sure seemed he had it in him before he got injured.

Hopefully he can get a chance on the top 6 when a player gets injured.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I believed he could have hit that 20 goals mark, it sure seemed he had it in him before he got injured.

Hopefully he can get a chance on the top 6 when a player gets injured.

Not a bad player to have in reserve. As I recall, he had a good game against the Bruins in the Winter Classic.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
The problem of Carr is more who he in front of Him...

With Path, Gally, Drouin/Galchy(one will be wing), Lekhonen, Hemsky, Byron, Shaws... He need to beat Mitchell (C/RW), Hudon or McCarron (pretty sure he will be AHL).

He is 25 (soon 26), there is no place for him with us and have a very low value. I think he will be one of the leader in Laval.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I find he's too slow, if he can get faster then he could probably be more of an impact, but at 25 highly doubtful.

I have zero expectations for Carr who appears to have been a flash in the pan fuelled by the initial adrenaline of a call-up to the big league.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Sadly, the french expression: "Il joue avec le couteau entre les dents" doesn't really have an English equivalent.

He's playing like a pirate?

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Very happy for this guy, well deserved success. So happy that he got another chance and that he took advantage of it. Keep it up Carr!

Reactions: Habs100

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Going to be interesting to see who's in and who's out when Drouin, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Hemsky are healthy. I really don't care about Hemsky and Scherbak likely plays AHL after his injury but Who is out when Drouin and Lehkonen are ready? It would be a shame to change our 4th line as they have played solid.

Carr is a decent bottom 6 player and if he shows up every game and is more consistent, he deserves to stay in the NHL.

Reactions: Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He reminds me of Weise. Great bottom sixer who has the skills to slot into the Top 6 if needed

Weise is a better skater, and is bigger.

But car knows how to put the puck in the net, especially around the net. I hope he gets a real shot and can continue to score.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Lehkonen and Drouin in and Carr will battle with Deslauriers for that last spot methinks

Hemsky and Froese will not stick

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know it's only been 4 games but he was already doing what he's doing now, with Laval just before his call up.

This is the Carr that we saw two years ago -- he owns the skills he's now displaying. On a properly structured team, he gives you both grit and secondary scoring. So happy he's getting an opportunity.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
De la Rose is growing on me. I'd keep both on the team, but give more playing time and opportunities to Carr, especially this year, when it comes down to it.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully he can make it. Loved his preseason goal a while ago where he made Chara look like Douglas Murray.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Going to be interesting to see who's in and who's out when Drouin, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Hemsky are healthy. I really don't care about Hemsky and Scherbak likely plays AHL after his injury but Who is out when Drouin and Lehkonen are ready? It would be a shame to change our 4th line as they have played solid.

Carr is a decent bottom 6 player and if he shows up every game and is more consistent, he deserves to stay in the NHL.

Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Drouin
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Hudon - Plekanec - Byron
Carr - DLR - Shaw

Jerabek - Weber
Mete - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Alzner

I know this will never happen, but it's our best lineup with the people we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad